5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Do wandering NPCs mess up with the non C-gear seeds?
Errr...I mean, do they mess up with my encounter slots?

Because there are pokes only present in places with wandering NPCs and/or sandstorm...
Such as Throh/Sawk, Sigilyph, Darumakka, etc...

For Gen 5 RNG, what is the calibration method? Is it the same as DPPt?
Any help?

Also:
Hitting your C-Gear seed:
  • Obtain your C-Gear seed from RNG Reporter. Press Seed to Time and find a time to hit for your C-Gear seed with your given MAC Address.
  • Start a two stage delay timer to hit your delay and time.
  • Start the game at the time that will give you the correct seconds\delay when the timer ends.
  • When the game asks you to turn on the C-Gear right at the Continue screen, do NOT say yes. Say no and proceed into the game.
  • Click the C-Gear power button. You will see a Yes\No prompt.

• [*]When the second timer ends, you should be pressing Yes at this screen.

How do you know what time to set the second timer to?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It sets it for you. Once you put in the calibration, target delay, and target second, it will create both timers.

Is there something different about Route 9? I'm trying to catch a Duosion with a Bold nature (and using a Bold Synchronizer), but the first one I always encounter is Sassy...

Hey thanks for this, I just did my first RNG ever a Hasty Reshiram with perfect IVs, I've played pokemon for a while but never attempted anything like RNG with it before.

It took me a little while to figure out timer maybe because I never RNGed before, for those having trouble with it after setting Calibration, Delay, and Seconds you would set the Date and Time on your DS and start the timer as soon as you hit A setting the time, Enter Game wait untill timer Hits 0 and Soft Reset. Enter game without turning on C-Gear wait until the Second timer ends and Hit the yes to Turn on C-Gear.

does a weather effect (for example sand storm in the desert) change something about the frames or anything else concerning the rng system in b/w?

Just the PID RNG.

OD: I just realized that when I RNG abused my friend's Zekrom. Sure one IV having 30 isn't bad, but to think I could have used the seed I used on Zekrom, on my Reshiram. (Then again, the delay was 13000+, but took 3 tries.)

Greetings and thanks for the great effort put here.

I have a problem trying to rng Reshiram, found a quintflawless spread which however, i can't seem to hit in any way.

I'm using C-Gear and a DS lite, MAC : a4e252
Seed: 23B0F94D
Frame: 9

So i selected that seed then i found and selected this:
Date: 2011 03 11 Time 12.01.01 Delay 5872

What i'm doing is: Starting my DS, setting the Ds clock to 2 mins before the right time as EonTimer is telling me to, starting my timer right when i'm setting my clock at 11:59.

Entering the game and soft resetting right when the first timer ends, turning on the C Gear when the secondo one ends aswell and catching Reshiram right after.

In my last try this is what i hit:
Seed: 23B0F9A7
Possible IVs: 30, 14, 27, 16, 8, 26, 5, 30, 8, 15
Delay: 5962

So i updated my EonTimer and got a calibration of -5 however.
Did the same with setting clock, starting my game when the first timer ended and c gear after the second one.
This time i advanced my frame by 9, i used a max repel. and walked 6 steps after that ended which should bring me right to frame 9 since i am carrying 3 pokemon with me.

Catched reshiram again but this time its IVs couldn't even be found with the "Search IV" option on rng reporter, this already happened twice to me, it seems the second time i catch it my IVs aren't even on the list.

I'm not good with rng yet so i'm probably doing something wrong, could anyone help me please?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This time i advanced my frame by 9, i used a max repel. and walked 6 steps after that ended which should bring me right to frame 9 since i am carrying 3 pokemons with me.

Catched reshiram again but this time it's IVs couldn't even be found with the "Search IV" option on rng reporter, this already happened two times to me, it seems the second time i catch it my IVs aren't even on the list.
The IVs in the list are only the first ten frames for each seed. If you advance 9 frames, you're going past those ten frames on the list.

Next RNG Reporter release will let you show a custom frame range.

I was wondering how different RNGing an Egg from RNGing a stationary legendary,Because i have RNGed Zekrom successfully with no problems on frame 3,But i'm now trying to RNG a Vanillite from egg hatching on frame 10 and when i get the egg and hatch it and check its IVs i find no results in the Seed to time tab.
Oh,And is there any word about RNG Reporter BETA 3 yet?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
The IVs in the list are only the first ten frames for each seed. If you advance 9 frames, you're going past those ten frames on the list.
True, but there's a way to find what delay you've hit:

Use the Time Finder instead of the "Search for IVs" option. It's a bit slower (depends on your search parameters like delay range and max frame), but more accurate.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
You can't IV search when using eggs like you can for wild Pokemon. Egg Inheritance Muks up the search results. Not only that but the IV search has a limit of up to frame 5, and egg frames start at frame 10.

So i should just keep trying to hit the seed without knowing what delay i hit?
On a side note,This would be impossible without calibrating,Wouldn't it?

I was wondering how different RNGing an Egg from RNGing a stationary legendary,Because i have RNGed Zekrom successfully with no problems on frame 3,But i'm now trying to RNG a Vanillite from egg hatching on frame 10 and when i get the egg and hatch it and check its IVs i find no results in the Seed to time tab.
Oh,And is there any word about RNG Reporter BETA 3 yet?
You will have no results in Search IVs because the baby's hit point IV is the 10th frame. If the baby inherits either parent's HP IV, then you will not be able to check. In short, you may have a difficult time checking what delay you hit when abusing hatches.

Practice calibrating and delay-hitting on wild pokemon. Your calibration number should be the same throughout your RNG experience in B/W, unless if you suddenly change your method (e.g. suddenly stop using AR or switch the DS).

When abusing babies, you should be good enough to not calibrate and not check delay.

Princess Emily's method can work, but I use this method (I'll try to show it as best I can in this example):

Seed: CE18B60D
IV spread on frame 10: 31 / 13 / 31 / 25 / 31 / 31
Both parents are hex flawless.
Baby had inherited a 21 in speed, which I know must be from the RNG, not from parents.
I copy paste, one at a time, my adjacent seeds (+/-10 delay) from seed to time into the main menu of rng reporter.
I go through my adjacent seeds and look for a 21 in speed on frame 10.
I happen to have hit seed CE18B60D, which is 1 delay too late.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
In EonTimer, what do I do if I'm a full second off from my seed? My target seconds was 45, but I landed on 46 (ironically the same target delay of 3850). Target seed is 58F63574, 3DS Mac address F6-26-5F

I have a few questions;

1. I'm trying to RNG Tornadus. Does flying advance frames?
  2. On Seed to Times, the IVs start one frame higher, while the frame I'm supposed to hit is one frame lower than the one shown in Seed to Time. Is there a reason for this or is this supposed to happen because it's a Roamer?
  3. Let's say I have to catch Tornadus in the morning. I use the method of going in and out of a building until the rain occurs on the location I'm at. Does leaving and entering a building advance frames?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
1. Tornadus's IVs are set when you walk out of the house to spawn it. Once it's IVs are set, they will not change unless you respawn Tornadus.
2. That's just how it is for roamers. Starting frames for roamers is always +1 from wild Pokemon.
3. See #1.

1. Tornadus's IVs are set when you walk out of the house to spawn it. Once it's IVs are set, they will not change unless you respawn Tornadus.
2. That's just how it is for roamers. Starting frames for roamers is always +1 from wild Pokemon.
3. See #1.
But when you fly to another city or other location, does the frame advance? Also, that means my starting frame is on 4 when I turn on C-gear instead of 3 because it's a roamer, right?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
But when you fly to another city or other location, does the frame advance? Also, that means my starting frame is on 4 when I turn on C-gear instead of 3 because it's a roamer, right?
I don't know if it advances the frame. But again for roamers it makes absolutely no difference once the roamers are spawned (they spawn as soon as you leave the house, which is before you have a chance to fly). And yes for roamers your starting frame is 4 for C-Gear abuse.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Flying itself does not advance the IVRNG.

It starts on frame 4, but don't forget roamer IVs are switched around.

I don't know if it advances the frame. But again for roamers it makes absolutely no difference once the roamers are spawned (they spawn as soon as you leave the house, which is before you have a chance to fly). And yes for roamers your starting frame is 4 for C-Gear abuse.
so what your saying is you have to advance your frame from inside the house walk out and the iv's will be set,and not changing no matter how much steps you take right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)