Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does synchronize not work the same in this gen as far as a 50% chance of the pokemon you are battling copying your nature? I've reset in front of Victini about 20 times now and only twice has it had my nature.

Has anything changed or does my luck just blow?

How do you breed a Hydreigon with Dark Pulse? None of the Pokemon in the Dragon egg group learn Dark Pulse...
At the moment the best method seems to be transferring over Ekans/Arbok or Seviper that has learned it via Gen IV TM79, then breeding to get it as an Egg move. Sorry that's a bit of a long winded method but that's all Bulbapedia seems to have on it.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
At the moment the best method seems to be transferring over Ekans/Arbok or Seviper that has learned it via Gen IV TM79, then breeding to get it as an Egg move. Sorry that's a bit of a long winded method but that's all Bulbapedia seems to have on it.
Everybody always forget about Gyarados...

I don't think you can, but is there any way to filter GTS results, so they only show trainers who want something you have?
Or at least a way to get rid of the Lv. 9 and under Resh/Zek?

is Claydol a good rapid spinner for a sun team? (because of rock/ground resistance)
Bump (really doubting if I should put it in my team.

this is my team right now. REALLY in need of a spinner as I have 2 4× weak pokes on it, along with a 2× weak one
Ninetales (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Confuse Ray
- Substitute

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Growth
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Shadow Claw

Urugamosu (Volcarona) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Morning Sun
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt

Charizard (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Solar Power
Hardy Nature
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

EDIT: Replaced Charizard with:

Claydol @ Heat Rock
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Sunny Day
- Explosion

Replaced Venusaur with:

Sawsbuck (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Aromatherapy
- Horn Leech
- Megahorn
- Wild Charge

I was really in need of an Aromatherapy user, but I didn't want to limit my sweepers to just Volcarona. Also, I needed a physical sweeper

Replaced Aerial Ace for Sucker Punch on Dugtrio.

this is my team right now. REALLY in need of a spinner as I have 2 4× weak pokes on it, along with a 2× weak one
Which Pokémon were you thinking of replacing? Rock resistance and Levitate should give it chances to switch in, and the sun reduces its weakness to water, so it could be useful. You could also consider other options... Something like Hitmontop resists Rock and majorly threatens Tyranitar, who can set up sand stream on you.

Everybody always forget about Gyarados...
My bad, you could use that too :)

Wonder why Bulbapedia hasn't added that to the list of Dragon Pulse fathers for Hydrei then?

In Battle Subway I'm using a primarily offensive combo of Zoroark and Mienshao with Zoroark starting disguised as Mienshao. These two work pretty well but sometimes it's necessary to have a more bulky 3rd mon as an assist. I need a new Psychic type filler, been using Gothitelle but she isn't tanky enough to do what I need it to. Anyone got a better Gen V suggestion?

I need a new Psychic type filler, been using Gothitelle but she isn't tanky enough to do what I need it to. Anyone got a better Gen V suggestion?
There's always Reuniclus. Musharna is pretty tanky as well.

My own question: Blaziken is Uber (:O) primarily because of Speed Boost. Is Blaze Blaziken Uber too?

My question - the front page says we now have server stats, if so where are they, or have they not been released yet?

Bump (really doubting if I should put it in my team.

Ninetales (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Confuse Ray
- Substitute

Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Growth
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Shadow Claw

Urugamosu (Volcarona) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Morning Sun
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt

Charizard (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Solar Power
Hardy Nature
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

EDIT: Replaced Charizard with:

I was really in need of an Aromatherapy user, but I didn't want to limit my sweepers to just Volcarona. Also, I needed a physical sweeper

Replaced Aerial Ace for Sucker Punch on Dugtrio.
Claydol isn't the most effective spinner - he can't do anything to the common spinblockers. If you want one who can SR and spin, use Donphan instead, who can actually hurt the ghosts of this meta as they come into him. Moreover he just exacerbates your TTar weakness which all Sun has.

haunter

Banned deucer.
My question - the front page says we now have server stats, if so where are they, or have they not been released yet?
Rising Dusk is collecting them atm, they'll be released by the end of April

Lol why is Blaze Blaziken banned? It sucks (especially without being able to use Pinch berries like Salac yet)
We're trying to implement less complex bans for the time being, that's why.

Im about to build a wifi team in my game so I have two questions:

1) How long does suspect testing take? When is the next round of testing? Im thinking of having a Latios but currently it is on the fence...

2) Any idea when next rng reporter with non c-gear rng will be ready for the US versions?

Im about to build a wifi team in my game so I have two questions:

1) How long does suspect testing take? When is the next round of testing? Im thinking of having a Latios but currently it is on the fence...

2) Any idea when next rng reporter with non c-gear rng will be ready for the US versions?
I'd say to use a Latios until they outright ban it :P but that's not exactly what you were asking, just my suggestion.

What is a good anti-lead nowadays? I don't know which leads are common and which aren't. I'm also looking for a goos spiker/stealth rocker who can take hits Skarm maybe? I'd prefer pokemon who are breedable, because i can't RNG abuse.

haunter

Banned deucer.
With the possibilty to change your lead position after the team preview it's safe to say that there is no good anti lead nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)