Monthly Art Contest Megathread CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaaay not quite last minute entry :V probably doesn't have a chance but WHO CARES it is pretty arts '_'

Updated on 4/5. Just some touching up.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I'm going to take an executive decision here.

Deadline has been moved to April 6th, this gives you another week to submit. Touching up on perhaps rushed pieces is certainly allowed, not that any of these really need that!

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, here's the reason: I'm trying to fit the MAC around Smog deadlines, and when I started this the content deadline was rather sketchy. It's set in stone now, so I can make a better judgement for a deadline.

Happy arting!

I was gonna drop it here finished, but the extension gives me some more time to tweak it (though I might not)

Here it is anyway incase I don't get around to it :3

Updated my submission :V just did an edit on my initial post at the top of this page. No big changes, mostly touch up, probably doesn't look much different to the casual eye but dangit I think it looks better >:I

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I had this idea and it just seemed appropriate for this theme, so I'm entering.

Zekrom and Reshiram playing chess. The chess pieces are as follows:

Pawn - Pawniard
Bishop - Bisharp
Knight - Braviary (White)/Mandibuzz (Black)
Rook - Lilligant (White)/Whimsicott (Black)
King - Reuniclus (White)/Gothithelle (Black)
Queen - Zekrom (White)/Reshiram (Black)

The details may be hard to see since I had to shrink it down to fit the rules of the contest. I'll upload a larger version later.

hate to break it to you aragorn, but you missed the deadline by a few hours, and we can't really just give people breaks like that

I'll accept your submission, but there will be a penalty or something
this'll probably be the way things work from now on

THIS IS MY ENTRY

I kinda wanted opposites like crazy, so you see there are opposites in the pokemon choice as well as the genders and clothing. My primary inspiration was a mostly naked woman but pokemon also came up. I tried my best to include as many dichotomies as I could to really overkill the idea, sort of like when family guy beats a joke to death and then keeps beating it til it's funny again.

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
I guess now I know how my teachers sort of feel when they're grading work.

JUDGIN'

Shinxe: my judge, le roi
Please accept my accolades.
Shinxe: all that is man.

Do it right, beginner

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I had this idea and it just seemed appropriate for this theme, so I'm entering.

Zekrom and Reshiram playing chess. The chess pieces are as follows:

Pawn - Pawniard
Bishop - Bisharp
Knight - Braviary (White)/Mandibuzz (Black)
Rook - Lilligant (White)/Whimsicott (Black)
King - Reuniclus (White)/Gothithelle (Black)
Queen - Zekrom (White)/Reshiram (Black)

The details may be hard to see since I had to shrink it down to fit the rules of the contest. I'll upload a larger version later.
So, friggin' epic...

Not quite holloween teenage mutant ninja turtles epic, but close

speaking of AB's artwork, his Zekrom makes me pleased as it reminds me of the roman nosed hadrosaurines (duck bills). Most excellent obscure dinosaur connection.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A double post? By a moderator? What larks!

Anyway, I'd just like some opinions on giving MAC a similar megathread to that of the WSC. We're slightly sticky-heavy, and it would be nice to incorporate the hall of fame into a main thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)