2011 Music

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Weeknd - House of Balloons is currently owning shit. it's a free download on the artist site, got it a week ago and it hasn't stopped playing.

Just got back from the Strokes concert, it was a damn good show, they played pretty much everything you would expect them to, and half of Angles. Also they had Elvis Costello as a guest singing Taken For Fool, which was cool.

Didn't see it anywhere, but, the new Travis Barker album: Give The Drummer Some. especially the songs Just Chill, Carry It(it was nice to hear Rza and Rae on the same track), and Let's Go with Busta(good to hear him too), Twista and Yelawolf.

And I know it's a quite a bit older, but I finally got my 12" vinyl copy of Official Live Proof 101 by Pantera back. Been on nonstop repeat.

Emery- we do what we want started off so well...but then shit spiraled down into thanking jesus for fixing them or some garbage. So much for screamo, I guess this album is kinda shit anyways since it's so slow and bitchy compared to the screaming up temponess I had hoped for when they said they were returning to their roots.

Funeral for a Friend- Welcome Home Armageddon is a pretty good buy, though their EP Serpents in Solitude was better.

Within Temptation's new album was actually a lot better than the single "Faster" lead me to believe it would be. Worth a purchase!

Sum41's new single might grow on me but frankly I still find their music kinda formulaic.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The Weeknd - House of Balloons is currently owning shit. it's a free download on the artist site, got it a week ago and it hasn't stopped playing.
Downloaded House of Balloons this morning and have been listening all day. Superb!

Within Temptation's new album was actually a lot better than the single "Faster" lead me to believe it would be. Worth a purchase!
still hasn't grown on me. :/

new blackfield was pretty good on first listen i thought.

I normally detest mainstream music, but GaGa's new single has grown on me. It has a positive message. Plus the bass lines and even the melody remind me of Madonna. Here's the link if anyone would like to hear it (if you haven't already in your car). I'm curious what the rest of the upcoming album will sound like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4a8QtvOkBQ

New Arctic Monkeys single tomorrow, "Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair". The 30sec preview sounds wicked. And then, on the 19th Lady Gaga drops her next "Judas".

Exciting.

Well so far for me there have been 3 major albums that have come out to this point for me so far:

Until We Have Faces - Red: I gave this one a 9/10, but I will say they are keeping consistent with there style but new enough to still enjoy, I thought they did pretty well with this album.

Endgame - Rise Against: Not bad to listen to at all I don't think but it sounds kind of samey, Satellites and Make It Stop (Septembers Children) were excellent though. 7.9/10

The Unforgiving - Within Temptation: Changing it up a bit, but I like, at first I wasn't super as fond of it, but a lot of the songs have really grown on me, terrible album cover though, I won't judge it on that though because that is not what its about. 9.6/10

I will say most new albums of bands I like have just been sellouts or just crap, I'm getting horribly dissatisfied with modern music and its getting more bland by the day. These 3 are 3 of my top 10 favorite groups so its the only reason I mentioned them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)