Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

If you send a Quiver Dancer out against Cynthia she just starts Double Teaming.
Yeah, but sill, even after 6 Double Teams you've got a 33% chance to hit her Spiritomb. Accounting for my Lilligant having 10 Giga Drain PP and 10 Petal Dance PP, any of which is a OHKO, there's very little chance you won't KO Spiritomb with PP to spare. Especially since once Spiritomb is gone a single Petal Dance PP can kill two or three Pokémon.

With Pressure, that's five chances to KO with Giga Drain and five with Petal Dance; assume we need to save 3 Petal Dance PP for the rest of her team. Then there's a (2/3)^7 chance of failure, or 94% chance of success.

Yeah, but sill, even after 6 Double Teams you've got a 33% chance to hit her Spiritomb. Accounting for my Lilligant having 10 Giga Drain PP and 10 Petal Dance PP, any of which is a OHKO, there's very little chance you won't KO Spiritomb with PP to spare. Especially since once Spiritomb is gone a single Petal Dance PP can kill two or three Pokémon.

With Pressure, that's five chances to KO with Giga Drain and five with Petal Dance; assume we need to save 3 Petal Dance PP for the rest of her team. Then there's a (2/3)^7 chance of failure, or 94% chance of success.
Or you can do it the AeroValkyrie way and humiliate her with a team of LV 1s. :P

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
So, what's the deal with Abra girl? If you go to Marvelous Bridge, at the right hand side, you'll find a man, and sometimes a girl standing next to him. If you approach the girl she vanishes, shocking the man; and old woman in the gate next to you then explains that before the bridge was built, a girl used to play here with her Abra.

Is there anything more you can do with this? Or is it just a random one time event for fun? And is the girl a ghost, or just teleported away with her Abra, or what?
A Game Freak staff said there's a 72% chance the girl is a ghost ~__~

On the other hand, we lost quite a few TMs, notably Focus Punch, Giga Drain (which got a buff in Gen V), Skill Swap, Roost, Endure, Dragon Pulse, Drain Punch, Stealth Rock, Dark Pulse, and Sleep Talk. Some have been made egg moves for the Pokemon that used to learn them as TMs, but not all.
I don't think it really is that bad of a thing, it just forces people to come up with different movesets and it balances many of the other top teir pokemon.

Gliscor may no longer have Roost but he is being used in interesting ways now with Poison Heal. Scizor and Tyranitar no longer get Superpower which means that more things can counter them.

I may be getting off topic by not focusing on the in-game play as much. But I'd rather give up the Roost and Stealth Rock TM to be able to give EQ and Stone Edge to more than one poke.

current team:
Escavalier lv 31
Servine lv 30
Gigalith lv 30
Solosis lv 30
Krokorok lv 31
Victini lv 31

I'm thinking of replacing Victini for Swanna for the sole purpose that I don't have a spot for Surf or Fly in my team, and Swanna learns both, plus Victini was kinda a filler and a trial I wanted to test (haven't used mini legends for in-game before, nor that many legend, so wanted to test it a bit). What do you guys think of Swanna in-game?

EDIT: meh I think I'll just ditch victini and keep ducklett without raising it but teach it Surf and Fly.

I used Swanna in game, and it was probably my worst Poke. (My others were Serperior, Stoutland, Boldore, Victini, and Haxorus). It just always seemed lacking when it came to dealing damage, and it's no wall either. This is no real surprise, my only member with worse offences is Serperior and he gets boosting moves to make up for it.

Post-game I swapped Swanna out for a Dragonite, which makes a great HM mule, since he learns almost everything and has the power to still hit hard with them. (I always want my HM mules to still be competent in battle, I don't want a deadweight Poke.)

OK, I decided to just ditch victini and have ducklett as surf/fly packer without raising it, other members are same though.

If you send a Quiver Dancer out against Cynthia she just starts Double Teaming.
She literally forced me to use an elixir on my Volcarona because I was pressure-stalled out of PP before I hit her.
I had my Serperior Leech Seed Spiritomb, then spammed Coil to power up as well as to counter the DTing. Then the sweep began. It was glorious.

You should give non c-gear abuse a try, you don't have to know a thing about 4th gen rng really (which primarily dealt with delays anyways, which are a bitch), you just bunch in a few numbers, verify a couple of things, and it's as simple as entering your game at exactly the right second, advancing the frame if needed, then catching/collecting.

But yeah, admittedly if you don't bother with stuff like the vgc and such, probably has diminishing return values, but it does occasionally save you from going nuts when you've been breeding for hours and no good IVs at all pop up.
What is the link for this? I also don't know how to RNG, and couldn't really follow what was going on.

You telling me (bearsfan092), that the closest I can get to RNGing, is diminished, because I have DSi?
First no GameBoy migration, secondly I cant use my AR, and thirdly and most stupidly, I cant non C-gear RNG, which will probably be my closest way I can RNG

Stuff this

You telling me (bearsfan092), that the closest I can get to RNGing, is diminished, because I have DSi?
First no GameBoy migration, secondly I cant use my AR, and thirdly and most stupidly, I cant non C-gear RNG, which will probably be my closest way I can RNG

Stuff this
Actually you still have c-gear abuse available as a method for RNG, but you will have to wait for non c-gear for DSi.

Well, some consolation might be that the 3DS release seems to be pushing down the prices of the older consoles. Dunno about the US, but in the UK I could get a DS Phat for £50. (For context, Black and White are £25-30, though the "RRP" is £40.)

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just beat the main game. Loved it, I really just loved all the detail put into all the different areas. All the cities had their own very unique personalities and then the gyms. Cannons, moving dragons and traveling into the center of the earth :) Was an excellent experience, loved the approach for Team Plasma and them manipulating the populace. The look of everything though was by far my fav thing about these games.

Also just caught my Tornado Bro(didn't reset at the house or anything just awoke him and saved him till post-game) Perfect Speed IV's with a Mild Nature! He can actually be used competitively. Makes me a happy lil boy, I loves me some rain spam :D

Random matchup record: 2-2.
Actual random matchup record: 14-2.

That's alot of disconnectors.

Can anyone help me evolve my Conkeldurr?

Sorry, I was about to offer, but my DS has no e-access right now.

Does anyone know where to see a wild Zweilous?

EDIT: Does anyone know a way to change the nature of the roaming Tornado bro? I've been told that you can change it by beating the E-4 again, but idk.

Does anyone know where to see a wild Zweilous?

EDIT: Does anyone know a way to change the nature of the roaming Tornado bro? I've been told that you can change it by beating the E-4 again, but idk.
Zweilous: Nowhere. Evolve a Deino.

Tornadus/Thundurus: Kill it, beat league, respawns with new IVs/nature. Talking from experience, trying to get a Thundurus that doesn't suck.

Well gonna do the E4 r2 now, decided long ago I'd use (mostly) the Pokemon I used to beat it the first time, though all leveled up with better attacks thanks to better TM availability:

Lv 69 Samurott: Aqua Jet, SD, IB, X-Scissor
Lv 67 Sawk: Bulk Up, CC, EQ, Stone Edge
Lv 67 Excadrill: SD, Slash, RS, EQ
Lv 67 Darmanitan: Fire Punch, Flare Blitz, Hammer Arm, EQ
Lv 67 Galvantula: Thunderbolt, Electroweb, Bug Buzz, Energy Ball
Lv 67 Haxorus: DD, Dragon Claw, EQ, Shadow Claw

Only Haxorus is the new guy, Beartic sucks ass. But yeah...expecting only minor trouble at this point, but we'll see.

I'm at the gate between Route 11 and the Village Bridge and randomly noticed that a message on the scrolling message board said, "People have spotted a mysterious Pokemon in the nearby forest." Is this just talking about Kyurem? I don't normally read all of the messages rolling by, so I don't know if that one is always there or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)