Rain Team...sort of...for a party

Howdy,
I have a party on Wednesday and I normally win. To continue as the Pkmn king.....hmmm
Without further ado......

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Gentle Nature (+SDef, -Def)
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Trying many Pokes as lead, this one seemed to shine through,. Being able to stall w leech seed, and stealth rock ability, as well as an above average grass type move with a statuser, this Poke is one to get through, unless you have a fire type....which I have many problems with. Threats to this include Ninetales, Dragonite, etc.

Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Hypnosis
- Focus Blast

This Politoed has done wonders for me and dragon types and fire types. Surprises some opponents with Focus Blast, and all accuracy is boosted with my Wide Lens. Modest Nature to boost Sp. Atk and lower attack as it is not needed with my moves all being Sp. Attack. My only complaint with politoed is that it is rather weak to grass types, although I don't know what I'd do without it. (prefer not to take it out)

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave

Replaced a conkeldurr for this one. The strategy for this one is to have volbeat tail glow and then baton pass to this one, where it can sweep as needed. Great combination, every time nido gets the baton pass then he always finishes off 2-3 pokes, sometimes sweeping the whole party. Love the king himself :)

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 100 Def / 152 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Icicle Spear
- Hydro Pump
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

Ah, my biggest sweeper: Cloyster. Only problem with this one is that it is too easily KOed with thunderbolt, brick break, and earthquake, which EVERYONE has these days. Otherwise if I can get 1 or 2 shell smashes left, they're screwed :P Love this cloyster, better sweeper than my previous volcarona.

Volbeat (M) @ Focus Sash Trait: Prankster
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Tail Glow
- Baton Pass

Volbeat...well..could swap another baton passer for him. He's too weak in defenses and can get OHKOd, which is why I have focus sash on him. He's VERY useful but also INCREDIBLY FRAGILE. So, I will accept ideas to switch him. Otherwise, if he can absorb 1-2 hits (prankster has not been released yet is anotehr problem) then I will be able to sweep with a nidoking.

Haxorus (M) @ Lum Berry Trait: Rivalry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Brick Break
- Earthquake

Haxorus still has done wonders for me. One time, he absorbed an ice beam for the win! <3 No complaints for hax, if he can keep doing what he's done (dragon dance, then outrage/bb/quake) to OHKO or 2HKO, then I'll be happy.

Threats:

Heatran
This guy is HARD to beat on my team, and people pack him with AIR BALLOONS. Breloom says bye. Ferrothorn says bye...well, there.

Dragonite/Mence
These guys can have moves like Blizzard and Fire Blast, and those can heavily damage my pokes, plus their sp att is ridiculously high.

EDIT: Added in errr...Serperior because I just got SWEEPED with leaf storm.

Well, Thanks for reading my RMT. As I said, feel free to comment, help, hate, etc. Please give me some alternative pokemons where I asked. Thanks!!! :heart:

This seems more like a rain team then all around team =0. Ferrothorn in the rain is a beast... it just doesn't die lol... I count 5 pokemon only. Please add the 6th and a little more description and I can help a bit.

I do recommend a stallish gliscor. Roost/Toxic/u-turn/earthquake
item= leftovers/yache berry.

Indeed, we need to see a 6th Pokemon.
Also, I'm going on vacation tommorrow morning, so idk if I will be able to rate for a while.

This thread needs the '(Dream World)' tag, as you are after all using Breloom's Dream World ability, which, at the time of posting this, is unreleased.

Yo dude, first things first. The spread and nature for Ferrothron don't seem to go together. A gentle nature as you stated, reduces its defense while raising its Special Defense. I would suggest replacing it with either Sassy or Relaxed nature (Sassy +Sp.Def -Speed and Relaxed +Def - Speed). Also the EV spread might indicate that Ferrothron can now take hits better form both sides of the spectrum but the lack of Speed EVs only means that its overall bulk is less (ie. when taking solid hits/super effective hits its worthwhile investing more in its HP).

I thereby recommend using this:
252 HP / 58 Def / 198 Sp.Def Sassy

This allows you to take common Special attacks better as well as dealing with rain dance teams more efficiently.

Regarding Cloyster, (and believe me, I have used it sheloads with Shell Smash) the Sp.Def EVs don't significantly help it take any common Special Attacks that would normally be thrown at it such as Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Thunderbolt, Psychic etc. You only make yourself easily revenge killed due to no investment in your Speed. Dual Screen support is something that makes wetting up alot easier so finding a way to implement a Pokemon who can do so might be a good idea.

Anyhow regarding Cloyster@Leftovers (Lum berry is also a good option)
Set looks ok however with no special attack EVs i don't think Hydro Pump is worth using over Shell Blade. Also change the nature to Adamant as Hydro Pump just forces you to use an unfavorable nature anyways.

Since you only have 5 Pokemon in your team I will suggest replacing Breloom with Conkeldurr.

Conkeldurr@Leftovers
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Stone Edge / Payback
120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD Adamant

Stone edge is the primary choice since you complain about both Salamence and Dragonite being problems.

Gliscor as you said is a lose end and its set does not help either. I would suggest replacing it with something that can help both Conkeldurr and Closyter set up more easily.

Xatu@Leftovers
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Roost
-U-turn / Night Shade
252 HP / 58 Def / 198 Spe Timid

Dual Screens is one of the easiest ways to allow your fellow sweepers to set up and wreck havoc.
It also has the added benefit of bouncing back status or entry hazards to the opponent as they try to set it up.

For your last Pokemon slot, I'd suggest a 3rd user who can benefit from the screens as well as have good synergy with Ferrothorn.

Haxorus@Lum Berry
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance
-Brick Break
-Earthquake
4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe Adamant nature

This thing is virtually impossible to stop after 2 dragon dances. The aim is to lure in one of the opponent's Pokemon with another team member that Haxorus can set up on after both screens have been set up, such as Gliscor, Rotom W, Jirachi, Heatran, Tentacruel etc and start wreaking havoc. Lum berry is my personal fav item as you can spam Outrage the first time without worrying too much.

Good luck and let me know after you've tested this if it has helped son.

Thanks everyone on your help, geez, this beat my last thread's responses HUGE. Anyways, testing out SOMALIA's RMT now, for 20 battles, if greater than 75% I'll change :)

Alright. I got 17/20, but the 3 losses were REALLY GOOD pokebattlers. I'm happy, and will change to my new team now.

You welcome and one last thing, replace Haxorus' ability with Mold Breaker, thereby letting you hit Levitate Pokemon (ie. no need to outrage on gengar you can just EQ as well as Bronzong).

Team is pretty good :D
I would agree with Somalia with changing the ability though. We should battle sometimes, I go by Christo now fyi but I barely see you on.

Hai Chris! I've been sending you battles, (just around 15 mins I did ago) anywaysm I like how this team is fitting me guys, waiting for Toast to get mback from vacation.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Ok dude, first, good brotip for defensive spreads: compare HP to Def/SDef, if HP is lower or equal, focus on HP EVs first. That said, let's take a look at Ferrorthorn stats: 74 HP, 131 Def and 116 SDef. Hence, maxing HP is your first priority. I usually go for 252 HP/252 SDef, but you can try something like 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef Sassy if you want a better overall wall.

Second, don't rely on Wide Lens on Poli. I mean, Hydro Pump acc from 80 to 88 is ok, but Blizzard/FB from 70 to 77 and Hypnosis 60 to 66 won't really compensate the lack of Lefties. Actually I'd go for a Choice set, Scarf can somewhat check Landorus (who seems dangerous to you) and Excadrill for example, and Specs can grab some nice kills.

For HURR DURR, EQ is not useful at all, go for Bulk Up, you can even keep the Toxic Orb if you want since you have screens, but Drain Punch is just too good to not have, imo.
Lastly, just stick with max atk/max spd on Cloyster, and go for Razor Shell over Hydro Pump, speed is important to outspeed some Scarf users after a Shell Smash.

I notice that a lot of your team is weak to earthquakes and other ground type moves and almost none of your pokemon can take an earthquake. I would switch your volbeat for a togekiss who resists the earthquake.

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Extrasensory
- Aura Sphere

For some paraflinching action. Air Slash for stab and Extrasensory for another flinching move. Aura sphere for coverage.

I would also suggest switching cloyster since it and easily be KO'd by mulitple pokemon. I would suggest a swampert of some sort, Since it can switch into an earthquake or thunderbolt.

Swampert@Leftovers/Shed Shell
Torrent/Damp
Relaxed Nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Beam
~ Boiling Water
~ Roar/Yawn/Protect/Stone Edge

This mixedpert could be pretty good. Have your choice of the switching move roar, yawn, protect, or stone edge.

Just a small statement, but you said politoad has wide lens. The item you listed is choice specs. Also, wide lens boost is small (10%), so not much there to increase by

I would also suggest switching cloyster
STFU. Do you know how strong that thing is with shell smash??? Like, OHKO half of OU strong. And under rain, with water moves doubled in strength...you want to switch it??? That is idiodic. Sure there is mach punch out there...just use ice shard and your fine!

I changed the title because I just realized I have a party this Wednesday and have 3 challengers...neeed help!!! ALSO!!! I just got sweeped by closecombat terrakion, stone edgged my togekiss so I need help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)