5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I feel like a big noob posting so many questions, but I guess that's how you learn right?

First, how do you accurately manipulate the PID RNG in areas that you can't use Sweet Scent? (Most notably Giant Chasm, but other areas during particular seasons as well). There's no other way to force an encounter, and taking steps or turning will continue to advance your frame.

Second, can someone post a rough step by step for rng manipulation while breeding? I was trying to breed a male Cottonee w/ Encore with a flawless Ditto (international, if that causes problems). I found a spread of 31/12/31/31/31/31 on frame 8 of seed 88FB2F633C6FC8B8. Frame 8 is the default frame for egg generation, correct? I waited until an egg was available, went inside the house and saved, then walked out while mashing left and A to talk to the day care man as fast as possible. I did this 4 times and each time received exactly the same pokemon (Modest, Infiltrator), and when I take said pokemon to the IV man in the Battle Subway he indicated that I had zero 31 IVs. I find it hard to believe that I missed my seed 4 times consecutively.

Is there something I'm missing, or did I just get horribly unlucky and manage to not only miss my seed (possibly hitting my alternate Timer0 value) but also get a PID frame where the offspring was inheriting 0 of his 3 passed-down IVs from the ditto? As far as I can figure that's the only possible way this outcome could occur...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I feel like a big noob posting so many questions, but I guess that's how you learn right?

First, how do you accurately manipulate the PID RNG in areas that you can't use Sweet Scent? (Most notably Giant Chasm, but other areas during particular seasons as well). There's no other way to force an encounter, and taking steps or turning will continue to advance your frame.

Second, can someone post a rough step by step for rng manipulation while breeding? I was trying to breed a male Cottonee w/ Encore with a flawless Ditto (international, if that causes problems). I found a spread of 31/12/31/31/31/31 on frame 8 of seed 88FB2F633C6FC8B8. Frame 8 is the default frame for egg generation, correct? I waited until an egg was available, went inside the house and saved, then walked out while mashing left and A to talk to the day care man as fast as possible. I did this 4 times and each time received exactly the same pokemon (Modest, Infiltrator), and when I take said pokemon to the IV man in the Battle Subway he indicated that I had zero 31 IVs. I find it hard to believe that I missed my seed 4 times consecutively.

Is there something I'm missing, or did I just get horribly unlucky and manage to not only miss my seed (possibly hitting my alternate Timer0 value) but also get a PID frame where the offspring was inheriting 0 of his 3 passed-down IVs from the ditto? As far as I can figure that's the only possible way this outcome could occur...
Does honey work in weather conditions? That hadn't occurred to me when I asked the same question earlier.

As for your breeding problem, when you search for gift spreads, doesn't it automatically subtract the extra frames for you? Try a frame 1 spread and see if that works.

Alright... All the help I'm getting on getting a Shiny starter, while appreciated, is beyond me.

Anyone maybe have some free time, patience, and AIM to guide me step by step to maybe help me see where I'm going wrong? I'm JJackson9995 on AIM. There's a few things I'm getting hung up on such as:

Understanding if my IV seed has to have a Shiny PID (And if so, how to find it). I have a great initial IV seed, but I don't understand if I need to find a PID specific to that seed, or if that doesn't matter.
Verifying which frames I'm hitting in regards to PID (Don't understand how to verify my PID at the very start of the game) (Don't really understand how to find out the SID/ID I'm hitting.
And various other things that I'm sure will pop up, or that I missed.

I just think with AIM, I might be able to more quickly "get" where I'm making my mistakes... And hopefully catch on a bit more quickly.
Anyone?

Does honey work in weather conditions? That hadn't occurred to me when I asked the same question earlier.

As for your breeding problem, when you search for gift spreads, doesn't it automatically subtract the extra frames for you? Try a frame 1 spread and see if that works.
Honey doesn't work, that was the first thing I tried.

And I'm actually using PPRNG, not RngReporter, so the comment about gift spreads doesn't apply. Thanks though. :)

I have some problems with the new rng.

First of all I have to say that I use an european cartridge (italian) and the RNG Beta Version. Maybe could be this the matter?

By the way...

I have done all the things I needed in order to have a seed to hit.
Then I set the EonTimer.
After that, I syncronized my DS with the timer (I put 0 in the first box) and I started the game. I soft-resetted the game when the first timer ended, then I turned on the C-Gear (press "yes") while I was in game and the second timer ended.

Then I caught Victini and I used Rare Candy to calculate his IVs. I tried to search them into the list of adjacent but with no result.

Is this because I play an European game and the RNG Reporter says Pokémon White (Japanese)? I found some videos on youtube in which even American Version was ok with this RNG...

I have some problems with the new rng.

First of all I have to say that I use an european cartridge (italian) and the RNG Beta Version. Maybe could be this the matter?

By the way...

I have done all the things I needed in order to have a seed to hit.
Then I set the EonTimer.
After that, I syncronized my DS with the timer (I put 0 in the first box) and I started the game. I soft-resetted the game when the first timer ended, then I turned on the C-Gear (press "yes") while I was in game and the second timer ended.

Then I caught Victini and I used Rare Candy to calculate his IVs. I tried to search them into the list of adjacent but with no result.

Is this because I play an European game and the RNG Reporter says Pokémon White (Japanese)? I found some videos on youtube in which even American Version was ok with this RNG...
Update RNG Reporter for starters. It has specifics for Italian. I imagine that could be a portion, if not the entirety, of your issues :D

I have a question before I start RNGing. Is RNGing easier for Gen 5 or is it the same as Gen 4's HGSS?
Standard seeds in Gen 5 is easier than Gen 4, as far as I'm concerned. Not needing to hit a delay is a huge timesaver.

@ Rocket Boss Giovanni: There is a page that has them all listed, but I don't have it bookmarked on this computer. It was posted sometime last night, within the last 8-10 pages.

Okay. Well I am planning to catch the Musketeer Trio first. Before I begin. So I assume that will be easy as well and if we don't have to hit delays that is great. :)

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
you need to open the latest reporter beta and start playing around with pandora's box. it works great.

have you done any other rng-ing? if not, you should probably learn a little first before messing around with IDs. pick up some of the basics for how things work and come back when you're more comfortable with using reporter and rng-ing.

you need to open the latest reporter beta and start playing around with pandora's box. it works great.

have you done any other rng-ing? if not, you should probably learn a little first before messing around with IDs. pick up some of the basics for how things work and come back when you're more comfortable with using reporter and rng-ing.
A VERY little bit. But I've landed IV seeds and gotten my preferred Nature as in Bearsfan's video's... (Got a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Jolly Victini) (Hit the seed, +4 saves, and viola!)

The confusion for me centered around everything else.

Kap hit me up on AIM and helped educate me on Researcher and how it works. I "think" I'll have success tonight once I leave work. In my head I have it all figured out... Unfortunately I couldn't fake my way through it b/c I was getting some additional issues with RNG Reporter at the time.

But yeah, we chatted for a good 45 minutes or so I think. All my dumb questions and all! :). I certainly wish there was rep on here. I think I'd just sit and spam it for a while :D

Excuse me, what I have to do exactly? What should I do in order to update RNG?
You need to download the updated version of the RNG Reporter tool. I believe the OP is correct as of now. Should be Beta 5 iirc. If you're still seeing only Japanese versions... You've got something outdated.

I'm very lost while trying to learn to Breed Eggs.

I have all my DS parameters set.

What I don't understand is what tab am I supposed to use to find my Seed.

I have used the tab BW(breading) But nothing comes up when I hit Generate.

Can some please explain which tab to use please?

That all I'm stuck on as I understand everything else!

Also what does Gift Pokemon mean? Like Gift from the Pokecenter?

I got my shiny egg, and RNG reporter said with a ditto and an evertstone, I should get jolly. But I got calm. Calm doesn't show up anywhere near the shiny frame unless I uncheck ditto parent AND everstone, where calm shows up as one frame prior to the shiny frame.

What is going on here? Does whether ditto is the male or female affecting something? Do power items mess it up? I took the power item off and same result.

A VERY little bit. But I've landed IV seeds and gotten my preferred Nature as in Bearsfan's video's... (Got a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Jolly Victini) (Hit the seed, +4 saves, and viola!)

The confusion for me centered around everything else.

Kap hit me up on AIM and helped educate me on Researcher and how it works. I "think" I'll have success tonight once I leave work. In my head I have it all figured out... Unfortunately I couldn't fake my way through it b/c I was getting some additional issues with RNG Reporter at the time.

But yeah, we chatted for a good 45 minutes or so I think. All my dumb questions and all! :). I certainly wish there was rep on here. I think I'd just sit and spam it for a while :D
I'd say this sums me up as well. I'm very confused about the shiny aspect of things. Finding my starting PID is definitely confusing (even after looking for patterns).

I'd say this sums me up as well. I'm very confused about the shiny aspect of things. Finding my starting PID is definitely confusing (even after looking for patterns).
If I can figure it out tonight... I'll try to go over it with you. The way Kap explained Researcher to me REALLY helped. I "think" I get it. I might not really get "why" it works atm... But I get the step-by-step process.

P.S. Kap... I'm a noob and didn't notice the mathematical symbols up top >.< (Thus the Unhandled exceptions). I JUST caught it now

Any of you guy mine explaining how to use the RNG reporter when it comes to RNGing for EGGS? I don't need to learn about Shiny just the regular egg breeding.

If I can figure it out tonight... I'll try to go over it with you. The way Kap explained Researcher to me REALLY helped. I "think" I get it. I might not really get "why" it works atm... But I get the step-by-step process.

P.S. Kap... I'm a noob and didn't notice the mathematical symbols up top >.< (Thus the Unhandled exceptions). I JUST caught it now
Any and all help is always appreciated. I was thrilled to get my flawless Timid Cobalion. I definitely could not have done it without the help here and bearsfan's videos. All things considered, this non C-Gear/Standard abuse seems way easier than the 4th gen stuff.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

I knew you were dividing by zero on Custom 2. Hah.

I'll post a little blurb about what we chatted about in a minute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)