Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

I was interested in using a Lilligant, mostly for fun, so I was breeding for Hidden Power. So I hatch like 13 Petilils, and every one of them has Chlorophyll. Then, finally. I get one that has HP Ice, like I wanted, along with Own Tempo. I was so excited. Then I remembered to check the nature. Adamant.

FML

I lucked out with the one shiny I got playing through the game: a Lonely Venipede. None of the IVs were fantastic, but none were terrible either, most were in the upper 10s.

Still though, my 31/31/31/31/31/29 Magic Guard Jolly Solosis (female) sits in my box, taunting me. Can't even use the damn thing as a parent, since I was using a Japanese Solosis as the mother.

On the topic of useless shinys, I caught a shiny Mamoswine... Brave nature so could feasibly have been used as a bulky Mamoswine not relying on speed at all (and it's got priority so what the hell)... maybe.

Too bad Mamoswine can't even learn Ice Shard though. Useless.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
aaaand my motivation to keep playing just disappeared

i want to echo all the positives pointed out in this thread -- fast battles, great mons, item tagging, new itemfinder, great zones, music, (comparatively) decent story, reusable tms...

then i tried a wireless battle against a friend

gamefreak has removed 6 mon single battles

what the hell? why?

three mon singles, four mon doubles and six mon triples are all that you can do

this might make sense if the singleplayer story revolved around this new gameplay transition, but it does not. everyone in the pokemon world is still battling with six pokemon, why can't we?

unbelievably huge fuck up by game freak, it has totally crippled my enthusiasm for this game

Uh....what?

What have I been busting my ass trying to raise stuff for the last two weeks straight for then?

This is terrible, terrible news.

Perhaps this is a business strategy designed to increase the sales of the gray game.
I believe he's only talking about local wireless battles.

I battled 6v6 using wireless. Are you sure you're not using infra-red? I went to the Union Room, talked to my friend, and chose Battle. It does force Team Preview, though.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I believe he's only talking about local wireless battles.
wifi enforces the same ruleset

I battled 6v6 using wireless. Are you sure you're not using infra-red? I went to the Union Room, talked to my friend, and chose Battle. It does force Team Preview, though.
how exactly?

we used the union room, not infra-red

you go in with six mons, choose three and battle 3v3

how did you battle 6v6? was this using "no restrictions"? if so, good to know i guess, but flat battles are kind of essential; having to have everyone with mons at the same level is a real chore

Ah. I think it was with 'No Restrictions' :(
Try IR then; flashkickass says it works (I haven't actually tried it yet).

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
IR battles work like a charm. Up-and-down-levels every Pokemon to 50, allows up to 6 Pokemon, you can choose any battle style, and no team preview. You DO have to hold the DS systems so the carts almost touch to connect, but it really isn't a big deal since once the battle starts you can move around. I love IR battles.

In other news, my Oddish grew 25 levels at once today.

I did a no restriction battle in the Union Room and I battled with all six pokemon with my brother. I think you can do this with a flat battle too. I never have tried that though.

Oh and this was wireless too, not IR.

Might be a bit late: I've done Union Room and IR and always had 6-poke battles. So now I'm worried for if I get my friend wifi to work. :/

Shinies: I was very excited upon finding a shiny Fearow and a shiny Gurdurr soon after. This turned to distress when I saw that they... were... both... TIMID!

az

toddmoding
before weighing in on the six mon thing, people really ought to read previous posts carefully

yeah, we have established you can six mon battle in the union, but not through flat battles, only with no restrictions which means your friends have to get all their mons to an agreed level or max them at 100

the news about six mon flats working in ir, on the other hand, is great news

thanks wichu and arcticblast

I wonder what the whole point of having that IR thing is...I mean, local wifi accomplishes the same thing except better doesn't it? Just strikes me as weird...

In otherwords, those of us that don't physically know anyone that plays pokemon are royally screwed.

On a brighter note, i've been testing non-whimsicott grass types on PO lately and I must say that Ferrothorn is really, really good on my team. Much better than I expected. Unfortunately this means I have something else to raise, but it only took me an hour or so to breed an awesome male Roselia for his sperm.

Question: can you get dream world abilities off of the GTS? It would be much easier to get a female drought vulpix off of that thing than the dream world.

If someone offered one up on the gts you can get and it's female, you should be able to slap on the everstone for a high chance at passing down its ability I'd think, assuming japan cart parents are no different than ones on US carts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)