deoxys314 VS. Temperantia!

2v2 Doubles
DQ: 4 day
Recovery: 4 Chills
Items: None
Abilities: All

There's a stage to the left that's not seen, but it's pretty much a "normal" stage. The only thing is that it has walls instead of wings. Also, no patrons will be present.

Gastly (*) [Ghostfreak] (M)
Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Attack)
Type: Ghost/Poison
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Levitate: This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: * (-)
Def: **
SpA: ***** (+)
SpD: **
Spe: 80

EC: 2/9
MC: 0
DC: 1

Attacks:

Hypnosis (*)
Lick (*)
Spite (*)
Mean Look (*)
Curse (*)
Confuse Ray (*)
Night Shade (*)
Sucker Punch (*)

Thunderbolt (*)
Shadow Ball (*)
Sludge Bomb (*)

Astonish (*)
Psywave (*)
Disable (*)

Dark Pulse

Some apparently-unnamed Klink!
Nature: Sassy Adds * to Special Defense and a 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks.
Type: Steel
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.

Abilities:
Plus: [Innate] This Pokemon possesses a positive electrical charge, when a Pokemon with Minus is on the field, this Pokemon’s special attacks increase their base damage by two (2). If this Pokemon also has Minus, the damage does not stack.
Minus: [Innate] This Pokemon possesses a negative electrical charge, when a Pokemon with Plus is on the field, this Pokemon’s special attacks increase their base damage by two (2). If this Pokemon also has Plus, the damage does not stack.
Clear Body: [Innate] (DW) This Pokemon’s body structure makes it immune to status lowering moves used by opponents. (e.g. Intimidate, Growl, Screech etc.)

Atk: **
Def: ***
SpA: **
SpD: **** (+)
Spe: 26 (-)

EC: 0/9
DC: 0

Moves:

ViceGrip
Charge
Thundershock
Gear Grind
Bind

Lock-On
Zap Cannon
Shift Gear

Volt Switch
Charge Beam
Double Team

Murkrow(*) Eclipse (M)
Nature: Lonely (Adds * to Attack, Subtracts * from Defense)
Type: Dark/Flying
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use more devious Dark-type attacks while attracted. Revenge and Vengeance have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Twister, Whirlwind have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilties:
Insomnia: (Innate) This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Super Luck: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural skill doubles (x2) its critical hit levels above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 1/3rd of the time.
Prankster (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: **** (+)
Def: * (-)
SpA: ***
Spe: 91

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Peck
Astonish
Pursuit
Haze
Wing Attack
Night Shade
Assurance

Roost
Sky Attack
Psycho Shift

Thunder Wave
Snarl
Toxic

Mareep(*) Cyndi (F)
Nature: Quiet (Adds * to Special Attack; A 15% decrease (rounded down) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on an opponent's attacks)
Type: Electric
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain

Abilities:
Static: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this Pokemon.
Plus(DW): (Innate) This Pokemon possesses a positive electrical charge, when a Pokemon with Minus is on the field, this Pokemon’s special attacks increase their base damage by two (2). If this Pokemon also has Minus, the damage does not stack.

Stats:

Atk: **
Def: **
SpA: ****(+)
Spe: 30 (35/1.15= 30.4.., truncated to 30)

EC: 1/9
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Growl(*)
Thundershock(*)
Thunder Wave(*)
Cotton Spore(*)
Charge(*)

Agility(*)
Body Slam(*)
Screech(*)

Light Screen(*)
Thunderbolt(*)
Charge Beam (*)

Turn Order:
1) deoxys314 sends out 2 Pokemon.
2) Temperantia sends out 2 Pokemon and issues orders.
3) deoxys314 issues orders.
4) Banryu refs.
5) deoxys314 issues orders.
6) Temperantia issues orders.
7) Banryu refs.
8) rinse'n'repeat~

BATTLE START! ROUND ONE, BEGIN!

EDIT Good, good. Do me a favor and change your post above mine when you have a chance, if you would please.

Okay, now it's Temperantia with his+her mons.

Ah, geez, you think I could remember that. Goes to show that I shouldn't try to do things before I've had my breakfast.

I apologize. I choose Gastly.

Eclipse (Murkrow) and Cyndi (Mareep)!
"Eclipse my new Pokemon let's take your power for a test run. Use Thunder Wave on Gastly, followed by Pursuit and Sky Attack. But if Gastly tries to escape into a wall from Sky Attack Pursue(t) it. Lenneth, I'm giving Cyndi to you now, but don't you dare let her get hurt!"
"Ok, Ok stop being such a worrywort. We'll start with a bang for Klink sending a Thunderbolt, its way. Then we'll use Thunder Wave on it, followed by another Thunderbolt."

Eclipse @ Gastly: Thunder Wave-> Pursuit -> Sky Attack or Pursuit if wall-phazing/escaping takes place

Mareep @ Klink: Thunderbolt-> Thunder Wave-> Thunderbolt

Okay guys, let's get this going!

First off, Ghostfreak, wait until just before Cyndi is going to hit Byte, then Sucker Punch her. Then give her a Sludge Bomb, followed by another Sucker Punch as she tries to go after Byte again.

Byte, I want you to begin by Locking On to Eclipse. Then hit him with a Zap Cannon. Heeheehee . . . Finish up by kicking it up a notch with Shift Gear.

((Banryu: Shift Gear isn't on the "official" move list here. Can I still use it? In-game, it is one of the Klink line's signature moves, and it increases Speed increases two stages and Attack one stage.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shift_Gear_(move)

If not, replace the 3rd action with Double Team.))

Code:
      [IMG]http://sprites.kraftpaper.org/i/092.gif[/IMG]                [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BWBQP.gif[/IMG]

Ghostfreak the Gastly (M)   |   Klink (n)
HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]90/90 [/COLOR]                  |   HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]90/100[/COLOR]
Energy: [COLOR=Blue]100%[/COLOR]                |   Energy: [COLOR=Blue]100%[/COLOR]
Boosts/drops: None          |   Boosts/drops: None.
Other: None.                |   Other: None.

[IMG]http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/198.png[/IMG]                 [IMG]http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/shiny/179.png[/IMG]
Eclipse the Murkrow (M)   |   Cyndi the Mareep (F)
HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]100/100 [/COLOR]              |   HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]90/90[/COLOR]
Energy: [COLOR=Blue]100%[/COLOR]              |   Energy: [COLOR=Blue]100%[/COLOR]
Boosts/drops: None        |   Boosts/drops: None.
Other: None.              |   Other: None.
Welcome, folks, to the George Eastman Theater, site of today's rousing Pokemon Battle! The Theater is closed today, but for the combatants, as well as myself in any spectators, who will be observing events from the balcony above. Yes indeed, why the owner of the theater consented to allowing a very likely-destructive fight to take place here, I will never know... Perhaps it's some kind of advertising stint.

Anyway, getting down to business-- the trainers have chosen their Pokemon, and the battle commences! The Temperantia twins' Pokemon, Eclipse the Murkrow and Cyndi the (quite rare!) shiny Mareep appear to be leading out the attack, both with an electric move of choice! Oh, but what's this!? The other trainer's Gastly, Ghostfreak, throws out a deceptive Sucker Punch, nailing Cyndi before she can get her attack off! What a weak blow, though. Eclipse immediately retaliates by zapping Ghostfreak with Thunder Wave, inflicting it with 25% paralysis! Though how much effect will it have on a being composed almost entirely of gas, this commentator wonders? Cyndi the Mareep follows suit in her partner's footsteps, zapping the enemy Klink with a mighty Thunderbolt from stored electricity in her wool! Klink, being machinish in nature, is well-versed in things electrical in nature and merely shrugs off the hit! Now it.... it appears to be....? Oh! It's Locking On to Murkrow, taking aim with a powerful attack...!

Coming into the second turn, Eclipse circles above, glowing with a menacing dark red energy as he charges up for a powerful attack... Cyndi is next to move, and she follows again in her partner's footsteps by paralyzing their other opponent with Thunder Wave! Will it have a greater effect on the machinelike Klink? Or perhaps none at all? I don't really know enough about machinery to say, I suppose. Anyway it looks like Gastly is going to attack next-- but-- Alas! Paralysis overtakes Ghostfreak's gaseous form, preventing it from attacking with what was perhaps its most powerful move! At about this time, Eclipse has fully charged his energy and adds insult to injury, swooping down on Ghost with a dazzlingly powerful Sky Attack! Gastly's face is obscured for quite a while there while he reforms it, and it's clear that Ghostfreak has taken a grievous amount of damage!! Klink meanwhile lets loose with a mighty Zap Cannon, a powerful electrical projectile traveling at a (relatively) slow speed that homes in on Eclipse after locking on in the last turn! Murkrow is stricken to the ground for a moment as he too now grapples with the effects of 25% paralysis!! And I could be mistaken, but it looks to me like the electrical charge from Cyndi's attacks may have boosted the power of Klink's electric move a little bit! Interesting.

It's the third turn and the hate quadrangle continues, with each combatant attacking the same opponent as both turns before! Cyndi, the only Pokemon left not paralyzed, moves first, nailing Klink with another powerful Thunderbolt-- but not before falling for another of Ghostfreak the Gastly's Sucker Punches! Murkrow, still somehow able to move despite that paralysis, is eager to revenge his teammate, Pursuing Ghostfreak and striking it with malicious intent! Last to move is the slow but steady Klink, who-- I think he's attempting to Shift Gears, but... he appears to be sticking! It looks like that paralysis is finally taking its toll! What an intense match, with paralysis afflicting all but one of the Pokemon on the field, and one of them looking seriously wounded, how will this match continue? Will deoxys be able to overcome the massive hurdle of having his team paralyzed? We'll find out soon!

Code:
      [IMG]http://sprites.kraftpaper.org/i/092.gif[/IMG]                [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BWBQP.gif[/IMG]

Ghostfreak the Gastly (M)|   Klink (n)
HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]53/90 [/COLOR]               |   HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]64/90[/COLOR]
Energy: [COLOR=Blue]78%[/COLOR]              |   Energy: [COLOR=Blue]85%[/COLOR]
Boosts/drops: None       |   Boosts/drops: None.
Other: Looking hazy...        |   Other: Failed to upshift.

[IMG]http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/198.png[/IMG]                 [IMG]http://veekun.com/dex/media/black-white/shiny/179.png[/IMG]
Eclipse the Murkrow (M)  |   Cyndi the Mareep (F)
HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]80/100 [/COLOR]              |   HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]78/90[/COLOR]
Energy: [COLOR=Blue]79%[/COLOR]              |   Energy: [COLOR=Blue]79%[/COLOR]
Other: Zapped but smug.  |   Other: Happy and relatively healthy!
Eclipse used Thunder Wave on Gastly (7 energy)
Ghostfreak used Sucker Punch on Mareep (6 energy, 6=8-2 damage)
Cyndi used Thunderbolt on Klink (6 energy, 13=10+3 damage, no paralysis)
Klink Locked Onto Murkrow (6 energy)
Eclipse used Sky Attack on Gastly (9 energy, 23=14+3+3+3crit)
Ghostfreak used Sludge Bomb on Mareep (fully paralyzed)
Cyndi used Thunder Wave on Klink (6 energy)
Klink used Zap Cannon on Murkrow (9 energy, 20=[12+1]x2)
Eclipse used Pursuit on Gastly (3 energy, 15=[4+3+3]x2)
Ghostfreak used Sucker Punch on Mareep (6 energy, 6=8-2 damage)
Cyndi used Thunderbolt on Klink (6 energy, 13=10+3 damage)
Klink Shifts Gears (fully paralyzed)
NOTE: Ghostfreak's paralysis decayed to 20% over the course of the round, both Klink and Eclipse will decay to 20% after the end of turn 1 in Round 2. In case anyone was wondering.

ROUND TWO: BEGIN!

((Hello folks, very sorry for the wait... took a lot more work than I realized, but it's finally up. :3 Now that I've got a little system going for myself, hopefully next ref will come quicker. Sorry again for taking so long.))

Byte, first use Vicegrip on Eclipse to hold him in place, then slam him with another Zap Cannon. Finish up by trying again to Shift Gears.

Ghostfreak, aim a Thunderbolt at Eclipse, then turn your attention to Cyndi and fire off a Sludge Bomb followed by a Shadow Ball. If Eclipse goes after you with a Dark-type move at any point, fade into the walls or floor to avoid it.

"Don't you just love it when the mouse falls into the cat's trap, sister?
"Yes, brother, though in this case it's the crow's."
Both siblings let out a laugh at this; Lenneth with a slightly unnerving cackle, and Laharl with a condescending chuckle.

"Eclipse, use Pursuit on Gastly first. You're faster so you should still hit it and get a bonus due to its escape attempt. Next, Astonish Klink to try to hax it out of using Zap Cannon. Finally, Pursue (t) Gastly again because we need to exploit our opponents as troll-like as possible."

"Cyndi, since we're the fastest at this point, let's set up a protective Light Screen lessening Gastly and Klink's attacks. Next, use a Charge to improve your Sp. Def even more and follow it up with another Thunderbolt at Klink."

Murkrow: Boosted Pursuit @ Gastly -> Astonish @ Klink -> Boosted Pursuit @ Gastly

Mareep: Light Screen-> Charge -> Thunderbolt @ Klink

Code:

HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]53/90 [/COLOR]               |   HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]64/90[/COLOR]
Energy: [COLOR=Blue]79%[/COLOR]              |   Energy: [COLOR=Blue]85%[/COLOR]
Other: Looking hazy...        |   Other: Failed to upshift.

HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]75/100 [/COLOR]              |   HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]78/90[/COLOR]
Energy: [COLOR=Blue]81%[/COLOR]              |   Energy: [COLOR=Blue]81%[/COLOR]
Other: Zapped but smug.  |   Other: Happy and relatively healthy!

[SIZE="1"][B]NOTE[/B]: I forgot to consider for STAB drops in energy usage as well as a couple of other factors, so that's being accounted for here... that'll be why HP/Energy values are different from end of last post[/SIZE]
Here's the beginning of the second round!
Cyndi the Mareep begins the round by erecting a Screen of golden light around herself and Eclipse, the likes of which will reduce damage from special or elemental attacks, unless I'm mistaken. Eclipse, flying sluggishly from paralysis, Pursues Ghostfreak once more, striking him with the power of Darkness! Ghostfreak, growing weak, summons a mighty Thunderbolt in retaliation, strikes a powerful blow made less powerful by the filtering barrier of Cyndi's Light Screen! Whirling his little gears in exertion, Klink clamps onto Eclipse, locking him in a solid Vicegrip as he prepares his move for the next turn...!

Cyndi rubs her wool together, Charging up electricity to attack with later.... that static charge in the wool will also act as a buffer from special attacks. I tell you, between Cyndi building up a rock-solid defense and Eclipse on the attack, Klink and Ghostfreak are really having a tough time of it! Klink meanwhile is spinning his gears, charging up electricity for another Zap Cannon-- but Eclipse makes a startling noise and sudden movement, Astonishing Klink into messing up his attack! It looks like spooking it while it was handling that electricity caused the attack to malfunction, paralyzing Klink solid! The downside to this is that while Klink is frozen, Eclipse remains trapped in Klink's gears, outside of the safety of Cyndi's Light Screen! Ghostfreak, slowly fighting off his paralysis, targets Cyndi with a powerful Sludge Bomb! Sadly, the attack is heavily diluted by both the Light Screen and Cyndi's static wool charge-- but suddenly, Cyndi doesn't look so good! It looks like some of the sludge matter leaked through the wool and poisoned Cyndi! Now all four combatants are afflicted by status! Will it never end?!

It's the third turn and it looks like Cyndi the Mareep is finally ordered to go on the offensive; utilizing the charged electricity she's been storing, she unleashes a powerful Thunderbolt towards Klink! Strangely enough, it looks as though the second jolt of electricity to its system has now jumpstarted the gears again; though it remains paralyzed, it Shifts Gears, picking up a little extra speed and momentum to its attacks! At this point, Ghostfreak the Gastly is starting to really feel the pain... yet he battles stubbornly onward as he directs a Ball of Shadowy energy-- a Shadow Ball-- straight at Mareep! The blob impacts her quite hard, neutralizing the what's left of the static charge in her wool! Eclipse the Murkrow doggedly Pursues Ghostfreak for another Dark-type attack-- resulting in a critical hit! That's gotta sting!

As the sixth turn comes to a close, things could certainly be going poorly for deoxys, with Ghostfreak on his last legs and a weakened Klink who looks to be the last line of defense for the trainer in this match... Will he be able to turn things around or will the Temperantia twins snatch what looks to be a pending victory!?

Code:

HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]12/90 [/COLOR]               |   HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]44/90[/COLOR]
Energy: [COLOR=Blue]60%[/COLOR]              |   Energy: [COLOR=Blue]75%[/COLOR]
Boosts/drops: None       |   Boosts/drops: +1 Atk, +2 Spe
Other: In ethereal pain.        |   Other: Finally in gear.

HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]61/100 [/COLOR]              |   HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]55/90[/COLOR]
Energy: [COLOR=Blue]66%[/COLOR]              |   Energy: [COLOR=Blue]58%[/COLOR]
Status: 20% paralyzed    |   Status: [COLOR="Purple"]Poisoned![/COLOR]
Boosts/drops: None       |   Boosts/drops: None (Charge neutralized by Shadow Ball)
Other: Super Lucky.     |   Other: Under the weather.
Cyndi used Light Screen (8 energy, reduces Sp. Attacks by 5)
Eclipse used Pursuit on Gastly (3+4 energy, 16=[4+3+3]x1.5)
Ghostfreak used Thunderbolt on Murkrow (7 energy, 14=[10+4-5]x1.5)
Klink used Vicegrip on Murkrow (4 energy, 8=6+2)
Cyndi used Charge (7 energy)
Eclipse used Astonish on Klink (3 energy, 4=[4+3]x.75 damage)
Ghostfreak Sludge Bomb on Mareep (6 energy, 10 damage, poisons Mareep)
Klink used Zap Cannon on Murkrow (paralyzed/flinched out of attacking)
Cyndi takes 2 damage from poison!
Cyndi used Thunderbolt on Klink (6 energy, 16=13+3 damage, no paralysis)
Eclipse used Pursuit on Gastly (3 energy, 19=[4+3+3+3crit]x1.5)
Ghostfreak used Shadow Ball on Mareep (5 energy, 9 damage, SDef down)
Klink used Gear Shift (6 energy, +1 Atk +2 Spe)
Cyndi takes 2 damage from poison!
NOTE: These ought to be the correct energy values this time. Dx Had some wonky ones at the end of last round. Last round's incorrections are also accounted for, don't worry.

Also, I had Gastly simply attack instead of running away from Pursuit-- I assumed Ghostfreak didn't want to not only avoid attacking, but take boosted damage from that.

ROUND THREE: BEGIN!

"This looks to be about over Pursuit Gastly if it tries to escape or use Assurance onit if it tries to attack, either way you've done good Eclipse. Next, Roost off your damages if Gastly is KO'd if it isn't, Pursuit or Assurance it again. Finally, use Night Shade on Klink."

"Cyndi, we're going to continue the defense with another Light Screen, except if Klink has any ideas about blocking Eclipse's attacks, you're gonna set up a Cotton Spore to slow him down and put that idea to rest.
Next, use Light Screen if you didn't the first turn, and if you did use Charge Beam, instead. Finally, use Charge Beam if you didn't earlier, or Thunderbolt if you did.

Eclipse: Pursuit/Assurance @ Gastly-> Roost; if Gastly isn't KO'd then Pursuit/Assurance-> Night Shade @ Klink

Cyndi: Light Screen-> Charge Beam-> Thunderbolt
or if Klink tries to intercept Eclipse's attacks
Cotton Spore-> Light Screen-> Charge Beam

Okay, Ghostfreak, when he comes after you with Assurance, I want you to Sucker Punch it right out of the air. Then while he's in close, slam him with a extra-powerful Sludge Bomb. If you're still around, then finish up with a Thunderbolt.

Byte, I want you to focus on Cyndi. First grab her with a Vicegeip, then use your newly boosted Attack and Speed to smack her with two Gear Grinds in a row!

Code:

HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]12/90 [/COLOR]               |   HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]44/90[/COLOR]
Energy: [COLOR=Blue]62%[/COLOR]              |   Energy: [COLOR=Blue]75%[/COLOR]
Boosts/drops: None       |   Boosts/drops: +1 Atk, +2 Spe
Other: In ethereal pain.        |   Other: Finally in gear.

HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]61/100 [/COLOR]              |   HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]55/90[/COLOR]
Energy: [COLOR=Blue]66%[/COLOR]              |   Energy: [COLOR=Blue]58%[/COLOR]
Status: 20% paralyzed    |   Status: [COLOR="Purple"]Poisoned![/COLOR]
Boosts/drops: None       |   Boosts/drops: Light Screen (3 more turns)
Other: Super Lucky.      |   Other: Under the weather.
Well, it looks like this battle is just about nearing its conclusion! It's the third round of battling and the seeker's team is looking to be on its last legs! Can they pull a turn-around!? Let's watch and find out!! Cyndi sets up another Light Screen... although... it doesn't appear to be doing much. :0 Maybe she just wanted to refresh her current one before it wore off? Eclipse dives in next, getting his Assurance that Ghostfreak the Gastly is out of the picture! Before he can land the attack, though, Ghostfreak throws another Sucker Punch! ...although it's a glancing blow, it looks like it hardly did anything! What business does the gaseous Gastly have in using physical moves with virtually no physical mass to speak of, this commentator has to wonder? Maybe it's merely taunting Eclipse before it is inevitably KO'd? Speaking of which, Eclipse unphazedly continues his attack, scoring a powerful strike on Ghostfreak! Surely this is the end for-- wait, what's this?! Ghostfreak somehow survived the attack!? Yes! It's as if it's holding on with only a single health point left, continuing to taunt his foes with his presence on the battlefield! Though this miraculous luck is somewhat lost on Ghostfreak's teammate, who locks down Cyndi in an iron Vicegrip! Cyndi does not seem to like this at all, and she immediately jolts Klink with a Charging Beam! The attack not only allows Cyndi to retain some static charge in her wool, boosting her Electric attacks, but the electricity also shorts out Klink again, paralyzing it solid! Ghostfreak prepares to bombard Cyndi with a toxic Sludge Bomb, finally looking to cause some damage-- but he is Pursued doggedly by Eclipse, who knocks him out once and for all! Ghostfreak is KO'd! But the battle quickly moves forward, and Cyndi, despite suffering from the effects of poison, wastes no time in loosing her static charge in the form of a Thunderbolt, loosed straight at Klink! The electricity restarts Klink's gears again, neutralizing its paralysis, and it whirls toward Cyndi, locking it in a nasty Gear Grind, made more powerful by the upshift of its gears! Despite Cyndi's resistance to metal-based moves, that looked surprisingly painful, it looks like Cyndi may have had a little wool pulled loose by those grinding gears! Eclipse the Murkrow finally turns his attention to Klink, now that his prey is out of the picture... he fires a blacked beam of energy at Klink, the Night Shade attack! Klink shudders violently as it suffers horrible hallucinations of rust and disrepair!

And that concludes the third round of this intense battle! The erstwhile Klink stands alone against two powerful opponents, who have been going strong despite their nasty status effects! It's certainly looking one-sided at this point, folks, but will Klink's trainer continue to fight? Or will he resign himself to defeat? Trainers, make your moves!

Code:

HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]0/90 [/COLOR]                |   HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]11/90[/COLOR]
Energy: [COLOR=Blue]0%[/COLOR]               |   Energy: [COLOR=Blue]66%[/COLOR]
Boosts/drops: None       |   Boosts/drops: +1 Spe
Other: The afterlife awaits.        |   Other: Running out of steam.

HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]57/100 [/COLOR]              |   HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]32/90[/COLOR]
Energy: [COLOR=Blue]53%[/COLOR]              |   Energy: [COLOR=Blue]39%[/COLOR]
Status: 15% paralyzed    |   Status: [COLOR="Purple"]Poisoned![/COLOR]
Boosts/drops: None       |   Boosts/drops: +1 SpA, Light Screen refreshed (3 more turns)
Other: Untouchable!      |   Other: (insert clever 'I'm poisoned' comment here)
Ghostfreak used Sucker Punch (5 energy, 4=[8-2]x0.66 damage)
Cyndi used Light Screen (8 energy, Light Screen refreshed)
Eclipse used Assurance on Gastly (3 energy, 11=5+3+3)
Klink used Vicegrip on Mareep (4 energy, 6 damage even)
(Cyndi takes 2 damage from poison!)
Cyndi used Charge Beam on Klink (5 energy, 8=5+3, +1 SpA)
Eclipse used Pursuit (3 energy, KO Gastly)
Klink used Gear Grind on Mareep (fully paralyzed)
Cyndi used Thunderbolt on Klink (6 energy, 15=10+3+1.5)
Eclipse used Night Shade on Klink (7 energy, 10 damage flat)
Klink used Gear Grind on Mareep (5 energy, 10=[10+3x.66]+1.5)

ROUND FOUR: BEGIN!

"Cyndi!"
"Eclipse!"
"Combine your attacks (Night Shade and Thunderbolt) and create a powerful finishing blow, Ultra-Electro-Symphonic-Nightmare!"
"We'll show Klink why Steel-types dream of Electric-type sheep!"

Thunderbolt + Night Shade= UESN!!!
and if he's not dead yet
Mareep: -> Thunderbolt-> Thunderbolt
Eclipse: -> Night Shade -> Night Shade

deoxys and Klink quickly try to muster up an attack as they go out, but to no avail! The Temperantia twins, shouting their Pokemon's names and pointing in unison as Eclipse the Murkrow and Cyndi the Mareep combine their attacks to create the move they're calling the Ultra-Electro-Symphonic-Nightmare! I can only imagine what kind of ampliefied power such a technique must have, combining the electrical stimulation of the brain with Nightmare's mind-twisting fear powers! Klink tries to attack, but the paralysis has slowed his systems too much-- and finally, the damage is too much for him. Klink is KO'd! What an exciting match, but the twins skillfully used the advantages of their Pokemon, both in terms of their stats and their typing, and defeated the organizer of the match! Surely a good battle on both sides, of course!

Code:

HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]0/90 [/COLOR]                |   HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]0/90[/COLOR]
Energy: [COLOR=Blue]0%[/COLOR]               |   Energy: [COLOR=Blue]0%[/COLOR]
Boosts/drops: None       |   Boosts/drops: None
Other: The afterlife awaits.        |   Other: In disrepair.

HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]57/100 [/COLOR]              |   HP: [COLOR=DarkRed]32/90[/COLOR]
Energy: [COLOR=Blue]44%[/COLOR]              |   Energy: [COLOR=Blue]33%[/COLOR]
Status: 15% paralyzed    |   Status: [COLOR="Purple"]Poisoned![/COLOR]
Boosts/drops: None       |   Boosts/drops: +1 SpA, Light Screen refreshed (3 more turns)
Other: [I]Ultra-Electro-Symphonic-Nightmare![/I]
Cyndi used Thunderbolt on Klink (6 energy, 13=10+3)
Eclipse used Night Shade on Klink (7 energy, 10 damage flat)

The Rewards!
- Temperantia and deoxys312 get 2 Trainer Counters each
- All Pokemon get 1 EC / 1 MC / 1 DC for entering battle
- Eclipse and Cyndi each get 1 KO counter
- I get 2 ref tokens

Good battle, everybody!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)