Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

everstone doesn't pass down abilities only nature. i got a drought vulpix female over the gts and have bred a couple so ya they are available.
i like the ir thing cause its fast and i can use it even if im in the middle of some random cave.

everstone doesn't pass down abilities only nature. i got a drought vulpix female over the gts and have bred a couple so ya they are available.
i like the ir thing cause its fast and i can use it even if im in the middle of some random cave.
Yeah nvm, dream world abilities just naturally have a high chance of being passed down if the one with it is female.

Is there a trainer who I can re-battle who has strong pokemon in a double-battle setting? I really miss Gabby and Ty from ruby. I used to use them to train my low level pokemon using protect and explosion.

Is there a trainer who I can re-battle who has strong pokemon in a double-battle setting? I really miss Gabby and Ty from ruby. I used to use them to train my low level pokemon using protect and explosion.
Nimbasa Sports Domes are the first thing that comes to mind. That, or doubles grass.

Something interesting...

Something kinda interesting my sister discovered by accident: with the new handling of items changing hands in trainer battles, a Flung item will return after the battle. Not sure about wild battles though.

That was a scare when it happened though, she wasn't really paying full attention to the game and had her Linoone Fling its Lucky Egg. But Linoone had it again after the battle.
Long story short.

A Flung item will return after a battle with in-game trainers (and real trainers, of course).

Works like usual on wild pokes: you lose the item.

Oh damnit

I caught a Cobalion with Naive and a perfect Speed IV. Would've been fine if his Attack, Defense and Special Attack weren't like 3 IVs. >_>

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
so something curious happened last night

i was in the wild (route 16? ish?) catching the mons i hadn't already got as they popped up, and i threw a great ball at something, maybe a kangaskahn. weirdly, the great ball made the clicking noise that the balls make once you have secured a pokemon as soon as it closed in midair, then only rolled once, and clicked shut again

i've looked this up and i can't find mention of it anywhere

so something curious happened last night

i was in the wild (route 16? ish?) catching the mons i hadn't already got as they popped up, and i threw a great ball at something, maybe a kangaskahn. weirdly, the great ball made the clicking noise that the balls make once you have secured a pokemon as soon as it closed in midair, then only rolled once, and clicked shut again

i've looked this up and i can't find mention of it anywhere
It's called a "critical capture." Most of the time, it guarantees the capture of a Pokemon. From what I've heard in Bulbapedia, it's less likely to work if you're trying to catch a legendary Pokemon.

It's happened to me a few times, even though some happened at the not-so-best-times, like when the Pokemon I'm trying to catch is asleep.

Called a critical capture, its very rare and is all on luck (just like critical hits)
I myself have got only one throughout the game, and by the way they almost never fail. (They still can however)

EDIT: Ninja'd

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
thanks for the heads-up both of you, found it on bulbapedia now that i know what i'm looking for

i was terrified i was either losing my mind or it was game breaking glitch

I've actually gotten critical captures several times after freaking out about the first one. Only time it's failed was on a freakin' Metang!

Anyways, I think GTS Negotiations is rather fun actually.
Though the lack of an emoticon for, 'Meh' or 'What else you got' really is needed. But sometimes people have very high expectations, this guy showed me a shiny Ratata and he let me do the rest (i.e. Show hi every possible pokemon I had) And I did, but he DCed, same thing happened except with a Shiny Dragonite.
I got a Mild Mespirit through trading a Metagross I evolved from Metang with one Rare Candy :)
And I got a Zorua, and am planning it to be my first breeding project.
Oh I cant wait until the pro RNG research guys crack Standard abuse for the DSi, they have to...............they're pro arent they?

az

toddmoding
I had a CC fail once on a Gligar.

Anyway, I don't think CC works in legend battles(and by extension, Zoroark and Volcarona).
bulbapedia says they can, but they can fail simply because legendaries usually are harder to catch

it's basically just a boost to your chance to catch any given mon, but it's not a sure thing

I had a CC fail on the Volcarona in Relic Castle. All it does is significantly increase the catch rate (I would assume to the same extent that a critical hit does), it doesn't make anything into a Master Ball.

Posting to say, that I was thinking about Critical Caputres while I was catching Elgyem for Synchronizers on top of Celestial Tower
When I was thinking about, the next ball I threw was a Critical Capture!
So thats my second CC throughout the game

Posting to say, that I was thinking about Critical Caputres while I was catching Elgyem for Synchronizers on top of Celestial Tower
When I was thinking about, the next ball I threw was a Critical Capture!
So thats my second CC throughout the game
In other words, you just have to wish for it to get it. :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)