5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

How can I get my DS parameters for ID abusing if I didn't started a new game? I just got my White game today and I couldn't restore my sav with Pokedoc's homebrew (restarts automatically) :S

So, what's the process towards RNGing eggs for PIDs and IVs? I don't see an option for 5th gen eggs in the Time Finder. Would they be method 5 gift Pokemon or stationary Pokemon or something else I'm missing completely? Any help would be appreciated!

Wow, that is fantastic luck. I'm still trying to find a seed with a nearby shiny frame. I'm sure my search parameters aren't helping (flawless legendary, min frame 1 and max frame 7, Shiny Max Frame 600). Any hints or suggestions for finding a flawless shiny legendary/stationary?

@OldSchoolNub - What about Honey as your Sweet Scent substitute?
Unfortunately mine isn't flawless, I don't mind though, it's 30/31/29/x/27/31. If you're really patient you could check for hex flawless frame 1 IV's for each month, then see which have a reasonable shiny PID frame. If your iv seed is on frame 1, advancing into the hundreds or higher for the PID is really easy with a chatot.

I would recommend picking a Pokemon that has a high encounter rate, and one ability, since encounter slots and wrong abilities make a lot of easy to hit shiny frames useless. A stationary legendary is easiest.

I am trying to RNG and have two Chatots to advance the PIDRNG reliably but I found my starting frame and even though I view my Chatots back and forth and it does not advance. However, if I save my game, it does advance.

Is there anything wrong with my Chatots? Or procedure? :(

I am trying to RNG and have two Chatots to advance the PIDRNG reliably but I found my starting frame and even though I view my Chatots back and forth and it does not advance. However, if I save my game, it does advance.

Is there anything wrong with my Chatots? Or procedure? :(
You have to have something recorded with Chatter.

If you're looking at calculated stats to determine IVs, maybe you have the wrong nature? The wrong nature could def. throw off some of your stats and make it look like your IVs are off.
I've placed the right nature and even the right characteristic. I've even checked it on the IV checker at the Battle Subway, and indeed I've got the wrong IVs since it says only the HP has a 31 IVs. Is this something to do with releasing a button when the Pokemon Complany logo comes up? Am I late in releasing it? Thanks! :)

How should I got about trying to catch a roamer like Thundarus? I want a Timid one, probably with HP Ice. I haven't found much information on RNG abuse with regard to roamers
See the bottom.

Which method on RNG reporter do I use to find a spread?
Method 5 Standard Seed

What frames should I aim for when finding my seed?
Choose the roamer option and look for as low of a frame as possible

I've been using C-Gear to RNG for stationary legendaries, so will RNG abusing for the roamers be much different?
Slightly. As OmegaDonut noted, the Speed Stat is in front of the SpAtk stat and the other two stats shift right (though it won't matter if you're going for 31/30/30/31/31/31). The starting frame for roamers is 1 more than the starting frame for stationary. Just use the RNG Reporter with the roamer option and you won't have to worry about what I just said. The other thing is natures.

You can consistently get a read on natures by mashing the A button by starting in and then leaving the house on Route 7 (where the lady invites you in for soup). When the route starts raining, the PID RNG moves at around 120 frames per second. Time stops advancing when the 3 lines of dialogue occur, hence you need to mash through it or you will get an inconsistent PID RNG. Make sure you have time if you are not using Frame 1, since it will take a while for both the advancement for IVs and PIDRNG.

Anyway, to get a specific nature:
- Get the list of your PIDRNG (Use Method 5 PIDRNG) up to 10,000
- Find your PIDRNG starting frame (optional, but it may be useful for researchers here)
-> You can do the above by hitting the standard seed you chose, instantly catch a pokemon, and note the nature (best used on a stationary legendary)
-> Once you do that, hit the standard seed again and capture, but before you do, advance the PIDRNG by one (see page 1 of this thread) and then note the nature.
-> Repeat this step once more by advance the PIDRNG by two instead and note the nature
-> Use the list of your PIDRNG and then find the starting frame by find consecutive frames with the 3 natures listed. The first frame with the first nature will be your starting frame
- Repeat these same steps for the roamer (you have to advance the rng in the house before you step outside and remember to mash the A button to get through the dialogue quickly and consistently!). It is highly recommended you test the same PIDRNG 2 to 3 times each to verify if the nature you get is part of the chain from mashing the A button.
- Look for how far your desired nature is from your starting frame
-> An important point here, if you need to advance the PIDRNG too much, you might not hit it. My desired PIDRNG was 41 away from my starting frame and I didn't hit it, despite trying twice, but I was able to check up to 3 frame advancements when I was testing. Note that I used the save method, since I didn't have 2 Chatots in my party. I have no idea what's causing the inconsistency, but I would probably limit the advancements to under 10 (though the Chatot method may work for higher frames).
- Hit your standard seed, advance the PIDRNG to the frame you want, then go out and mash the A button, and capture.

Here's my experience:
I was aiming for this seed: 68701ABDDB42F2A4
My starting PIDRNG frame was 45.
I consistent hit a starting PIDRNG frame of 1910. I tested it and I was able to hit natures to 1913 (I didn't test further). I was aiming for 1951, but failed twice, landing a Gentle and a Lonely nature the two times I tried instead of a Timid that I wanted.
Anyway, based on the calculations, the whole rain sequence is about 15.5 seconds.

Unfortunately mine isn't flawless, I don't mind though, it's 30/31/29/x/27/31. If you're really patient you could check for hex flawless frame 1 IV's for each month, then see which have a reasonable shiny PID frame. If your iv seed is on frame 1, advancing into the hundreds or higher for the PID is really easy with a chatot.

I would recommend picking a Pokemon that has a high encounter rate, and one ability, since encounter slots and wrong abilities make a lot of easy to hit shiny frames useless. A stationary legendary is easiest.
Ah, good idea. I will start trying that month by month. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Chatot on my White game. I have 1 on my Pearl game, but I only have 1 DS. So that doesn't help me much.

Ok...so, what factors, if any, affect the stupid Timer 0? I dunno if it's just relic castle or whatever, but I'm having huge problems trying to hit the right one in here I swear, whereas everywhere else is fine. I mean I'll eventually line everything up, but yeah...it seems like it's a mess in here. Could just be bad luck admittedly, but still, anyone know what affects timer 0?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok...so, what factors, if any, affect the stupid Timer 0? I dunno if it's just relic castle or whatever, but I'm having huge problems trying to hit the right one in here I swear, whereas everywhere else is fine. I mean I'll eventually line everything up, but yeah...it seems like it's a mess in here. Could just be bad luck admittedly, but still, anyone know what affects timer 0?
Keypresses can affect Timer0. That should be fixed in the next release.

Ok so i found a low shiny frame through standard seed search (231 brave) and i took it over to the main rng reporter screen to be able to search my initial frame after hitting my seed(i have not done this yet as i do not want to risk it and not end up getting a shiny i just want to confirm is this is an issue or it is indeed shiny,this happened with cobalion once when standard search claimed shiny, yet i hit it and no shiny yet the nature was correct and ivs abused correctly as well, i gave up on it, also i have two timer 0's min and max just to put that out there), but the shiny frame that standard seed search gave me is no longer shiny, while another shiny brave nature is on it but now on 3935, i do not know which to believe, i have hit a shiny frame b4 so i know my sid is legit and i confirmed it with an ar, so what exactly is the problem here?

vcount 60
timer 0 C7B C7C
gxstat 6
vframe 6
mac address 0019fd64e4b8
id 19400
sid 21233
black version
ds lite
seed: BC1147B1ECCF13DE(the only brave shiny is in the 3000's i plug this in and it says the brave nature on 231 is not shiny yet standard search says it is) this is a stationary pokemon search for kyurem) can someone help me out pls? also the brave nature is written in bold(among others) in standard search idk if that is significant or not

I've been RNGing eggs, but I'm having trouble determining what PIDRNG frame I am on.
I know there's ability and gender in RNG Reporter, but that still leaves a lot of possiblites, and I don't have Rare Candies to determine inheirited IVs
Can anyone help me with this?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've been RNGing eggs, but I'm having trouble determining what PIDRNG frame I am on.
I know there's ability and gender in RNG Reporter, but that still leaves a lot of possiblites, and I don't have Rare Candies to determine inheirited IVs
Can anyone help me with this?
Go take it and battle an Audino (or any high-level Pokémon that gives enough experience for half a dozen levels and doesn't mess up your EVs). Write down the stats as it levels up, and put them into Metalkid's calculator. You'll want to calculate IVs anyway, to make sure you hit the seed. Also, ability, nature, and gender alone should narrow it down significantly unless you're using an Everstone.

Ok so i found a low shiny frame through standard seed search (231 brave) and i took it over to the main rng reporter screen to be able to search my initial frame after hitting my seed(i have not done this yet as i do not want to risk it and not end up getting a shiny i just want to confirm is this is an issue or it is indeed shiny,this happened with cobalion once when standard search claimed shiny, yet i hit it and no shiny yet the nature was correct and ivs abused correctly as well, i gave up on it, also i have two timer 0's min and max just to put that out there), but the shiny frame that standard seed search gave me is no longer shiny, while another shiny brave nature is on it but now on 3935, i do not know which to believe, i have hit a shiny frame b4 so i know my sid is legit and i confirmed it with an ar, so what exactly is the problem here?

vcount 60
timer 0 C7B C7C
gxstat 6
vframe 6
mac address 0019fd64e4b8
id 19400
sid 21233
black version
ds lite
seed: BC1147B1ECCF13DE(the only brave shiny is in the 3000's i plug this in and it says the brave nature on 231 is not shiny yet standard search says it is) this is a stationary pokemon search for kyurem) can someone help me out pls? also the brave nature is written in bold(among others) in standard search idk if that is significant or not
ok so what i just realized is that rng reporterstandard search is the same for wild pokemon as it is for legends in standard seed search, so i assume we cant abuse shiny legends yet? wild pokemon are fine for me(it works) but legends dont when it comes to shininess only ivs

Go take it and battle an Audino (or any high-level Pokémon that gives enough experience for half a dozen levels and doesn't mess up your EVs). Write down the stats as it levels up, and put them into Metalkid's calculator. You'll want to calculate IVs anyway, to make sure you hit the seed. Also, ability, nature, and gender alone should narrow it down significantly unless you're using an Everstone.
Thanks for the quick reply,
I am using Everstone, how much of a difference does it make?

Im trying to C-Gear abuse for Pokemon White. Am I right to assume that the Time Shown in the RNG Reporter is the time I should SR while the delay is how long I should wait before I turn on the C-Gear?

EDIT : Got it. :)

Do NPCs have to be visible to you for them to mess you up? I've been trying for over an hour to find my starting PID frame in Mistralton Cave but shaking spots are not appearing at the same spot and I keep encountering different pokes, yet I still get the IVs so I know it's not that I missed the seed. That's when I realized that there's two stupid hikers in there that I couldn't see.

edit: I don't even need this answered anymore. I know the NPCs are what's messing me up.

So I've found another Standard Seed with these IVs: 31/10/30/31/31/31, and just like before, as I indeed hit my seed, the HP, Attack, and Defense IVs are correct, but the Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed IVs are wrong. Why it's like that? Is there a way to fix it? Here is my DS Parameters by the way:

Version: White (US)
DS Type: DS Lite
DS MAC Address: 001F3202B46C
VCount: 60
Timer0: C7F
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 6

Please guys help me.

Thanks! :)

would RNGing a gift pokemon count as RNGing a stationary poke?

also im doing C-Gear abuse and wondering about the roamer. should i take my steps near the door so i can walk out or can i just take the steps anywhere then walk out? im also wondering if its ivs are solid once i step outside and encounter it

So I've found another Standard Seed with these IVs: 31/10/30/31/31/31, and just like before, as I indeed hit my seed, the HP, Attack, and Defense IVs are correct, but the Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed IVs are wrong. Why it's like that? Is there a way to fix it? Here is my DS Parameters by the way:

Version: White (US)
DS Type: DS Lite
DS MAC Address: 001F3202B46C
VCount: 60
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 6

Please guys help me.

What's your target seed and target frame?

Somewhat a stupid question, but:

When using the "old" version of RNG Reporter Beta, there was not different type of encounter in the Time Finder, and I successfully RNGd eggs Roamers and captures with that, looking at the frames that fited the encounter type.

But now, with the different types listed in the Time Finder, I wonder: is it mandatory to use them ? (for the Roamer one, I suppose yes, but what about stationary legendary/wild capture/gift pokemon ?).

Seed: 3589432317D82E28
Frame: 6
IVs: 31/10/30/31/31/31
Date: 04/02/11
Time: 10:01:39
Keypresses: Down

But I guess the problem is not on the seed. Is the NPC has something to do with this? I'm trying to catch Cobalion by the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)