Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

So i dont want to come off as a noob but ive been playing singleplayer for around 3 weeks now and i really want to try playing on smogcraft but i dont know entirely what to do help please?

For some reason, hostile mobs have stopped spawning on the map. It's been noticeable for at least three days, I don't know how much longer before that. Luckily, our server hosts work Sundays and i've been on live support with them for a while now, trying to work out what the issue is. We have a very large map, well over 500mb of Smogcraft awesomeness, easily thousands of hours worth of work gone into it. Shame if ssssssomething were to happen......

What we're gonna do is try switching the map onto another machine, to see if it IS the map or the machine not running to spec. The Smogcraft map will be down for probably an hour or so from now (19:00PM GMT) and I will update the post with the new IP when I get it.Yes I know that was half an hour ago, so hopefully only another half an hour.

I will keep you all posted in this thread, as well as the social group, but the best place for info is the #smogcraft channel on synIRC.

In other news, LSB Red Line has reached The Valley! At over 4km away (x=4400), it took a huge effort from loads of users including: chival, asdfghjklm, callum, Renegade_117, Drab, Bass, dogfish44, Neptune, Grumbler, vonFiedler, icecoolblue and everyone else involved who I can't immediately recall. It takes a good 15 minutes or so to get there, but it's much quicker and safer than walking.

:heart:

Was the server really not spawning enemies? I distinctly recall seeing a skeleton or two last night around 2:00 A.M. EST, but...

Project Strangeify-Smogon's-Railways is underway! Here's the first of hopefully many sights to be seen along the many minecart tracks of the server!

This is OMNOMNOM-osaurus.

Take the Red Line past Dinosaur World, and you'll get a nice parting gift from my first ever project in Minecraft!

OH GOD WE'RE GOING DOWN THE HATCH!

As OMNOMNOM-osaurus sends you on your way, you can admire his squishy innards and his rib cage.

He also has a sizable brain for a dinosaur.

A big thank you to asdf-something and Layell for donating wool and effort!

This is the weirdest thing I've ever built, by far.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just before I head off for tonight I hope that many more people add those little charming touches to the railway to make it more interesting to go through. Some of you taking the red line recently probably saw one of the touches I added.

I'd like for the next rail line to have fun with the elevator feature of minecart mania.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXujdn9DTZ0

In my perfect version there would be a line that travels trough a lava area, then through the sky and what have you.

Hi guys Two things, first 1.5 is pretty sick but the achievements are pretty easy.
The zombie pigmen are fun and booster railtracks are awesome.

Also has anyone else had problems with minecarts blocking the track to the valley still have not managed to get there yet as every time a minecart has blocked my path. I have been destroying them as I go along but it still is taking ages.

The Server is not updated but I have booth the 1.4_1 files and the 1.5 saved. Finally what does Antioch do?

I haven't had a chance to check out 1.5 yet as I've been at work, but the server hosts are working hard to get us up and running again. I'll update this post when we're back live. Chances are it's going to be without mods again for a couple of days, but who knows!

1.5 is pretty cool! Weather just add some nice atmosphere to the game.

Aside from that, I finished my companion cube that I was working for the past forever. It was done before smogon crash, but I find it fitting that today is the day I post it in the thread.

Assorted freebies!

Everyone who plays Minecraft Beta needs to check this out. Imagine the amount of difference smooth shading brought to Minecraft times ten.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)