WSC Megathread ~ Week 14 - Dark of the Moon: It All Ends

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
(96 * 96 grid please).

Also, what is that disguised as? I can't regosnise it at the top of my head...

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Arch, th\t image isn't showing up for me.

That should work (You've linked directly to the ImageShack page, not the actual image).

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Sorry about delay, I've had Guests over.

Week 4 is over.

Week 5
Review Week

We will simply be reviewing any comments and/or concerns that you have. Voice your opinion!​

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This week will become a monthly occurrence, as has been planned.

During review week you are free to ask questions and voice concerns over how the WSC is being run, and how it can be improved. At the end of Review Week a list of questions and/or targets will be compiled. When the next review occurs, this list will be posted again, hopefully with evidence that the targets have been met. This should be an easy way to improve the WSC.

Note that while Review Week should concern the previous 4 weeks, the start-up problems encountered during Week #1 have now been solved, and as such there is no need to post anything about that week.

Happy reviewing!

The only thing I can suggest is putting up the new Hall of Fame. Other than that, I like the way the WSC's being run. Great job, folks!

Agreeing on the hall of fame. Also, I really liked DF44's comments on the sprites after one of the weeks. If that could become a weekly thing (weekly short comments on the finalist sprites) then that'd be cool

Well, as this may be part of Review Week, I was wondering if we could do something that would allow entrants to work with judges to learn how to do well, and better, in WSC. For instance, something like a "Judges Corner" that occurs monthly where consistant entrants and participants can get a feeling of what appeals to the judges, what things we dislike, future suggestions for themes, better understandings of what "Concept" and "Excecution" have to do with the entries, etc. Just a thought to make the WSC a bit more smooth and...can't find the word I'm looking for, casual?

Well, good luck to everyone who participated in Week 4!

Edit: Of course! Lovin' the hall of fame idea.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
We aren't on this week, Alch edited my post (I didn't know about review week either).

Revamps will be next week though - use this week to comment on the running of the WSC. Thanks!

I have also started the Hall of Fame, it is viewable where the Week 1 theme is.

~DF44

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
personally i'd like to see some more specific themes, e.g. "winter themed fusion" instead of simply "fusion". not that i would succeed at that, i'm not really that good, most of what i do is actually pretty easy.

amidoinitrite?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Well I assume more specific themes will come in time. Right now we're just trying to build up participation with easier and more lenient competitions.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For instance, something like a "Judges Corner" that occurs monthly where consistant entrants and participants can get a feeling of what appeals to the judges, what things we dislike, future suggestions for themes, better understandings of what "Concept" and "Excecution" have to do with the entries, etc.
Stealing my ideas 9.9

This is likely to happen soon.

interwebs - That will also happen, but we're currently just easing back into things.

E: I'm getting ninja'd all over the place today.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
It is Saturday, which means review week ends. I'll be contacting judges and organising stuff.

New Week tomorrow!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)