Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for asking so many times the same question about volcarona, and thanks, Sensei_Bobbilytus ;)

Now I have another question: where can I catch level 70 PKMN in Pokémon white and which ones? (excepting volcarona and kyuremu)
None, the highest are around lvl 66 and they are in the double grass in the Great Chasm.

BUMP

On an offensive Swampert is it more useful to have Avalanche or Hammer Arm in the last moveslot?

Waterfall
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Avalanche/Hammer Arm

Thank you :)
If you aren't done breeding you should throw Curse on there too. Curse/Waterfall/Earthquake/Avalanche is what I used on my offensive Swampert. But to answer your question I'd go with Avalanche. Fighting and Ground get fairly redundant coverage.

If you aren't done breeding you should throw Curse on there too. Curse/Waterfall/Earthquake/Avalanche is what I used on my offensive Swampert. But to answer your question I'd go with Avalanche. Fighting and Ground get fairly redundant coverage.
Hammer Arm is not for coverage, it is for Ferrothorn. Without Hammer Arm Swampert is helpless against it. For any offensive Swampert(CB or curse) it is but a necessity.

Are there any wild Pokemon that know Dragon Dance? I need my Smeargle to learn it to breed with a Scrafty to teach Dragon Dance, Ice Punch, and Drain Punch to it. . .

Are there any wild Pokemon that know Dragon Dance? I need my Smeargle to learn it to breed with a Scrafty to teach Dragon Dance, Ice Punch, and Drain Punch to it. . .
Dratini learn it by level up. You can catch one at the water in front of dragon spiral tower, and use them both in a double wild battle to make smeargle sketch the dragon dance.

why is closecombat always prefered over crosschop? ie ursaring and gallade
is the extra 20% accuracy and 20 base worth the stat drop as opposed to the chance of critical?

why is closecombat always prefered over crosschop? ie ursaring and gallade
is the extra 20% accuracy and 20 base worth the stat drop as opposed to the chance of critical?

Yes, it's the accuracy, and the Pokemon usually switch out or die before the stat drops matter that much anyway.

As for my question, is Adamant the preferred nature for a Dragon Dancing Scrafty?

EDIT: Also, can DW abilities pass from a female from a different language version?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Yes, it's the accuracy, and the Pokemon usually switch out or die before the stat drops matter that much anyway.

As for my question, is Adamant the preferred nature for a Dragon Dancing Scrafty?

EDIT: Also, can DW abilities pass from a female from a different language version?
Jolly is clearly your nature of choice as with max speed you outpace +spe natured base 111s after a boost.

As far as EVs go you should go with 252 HP/252 Spe and 4 Atk (maybe you could shift some HP Evs to Atk to get some specific KOs or to just survive some specific hits), since even if he has good defenses its pretty hard setting him up without Defensive investment.

For your second question i can't think of any reason why foreign Pokemon shouldn't be able to pass DW abilities.

What's the easiest way people have found to get BPs in Gen 5 to buy the EV training items? There seems to be a bit of a chicken and egg problem here, since you get the best results from the subway if you have EV trained Pokemon.

Netbrian, you can find the Macho Brace in the course of the game, which will do for EV training if you don't have the power items.

haunter

Banned deucer.
use earthquake or you'll be completely walled by opposing steel types (Magnezone and Jirachi in particular).

This is for lead Metagross, not AgiliGross...I need to deal with other leads, what about MAchamp leads for example? And do the Screens work?

Suppose I want a choice scarfer to be able to beat positive natured base 130 speed pokemon. Would I need 264 speed to prevent a speed tie or would 263 speed suffice due to rounding?

haunter

Banned deucer.
This is for lead Metagross, not AgiliGross...I need to deal with other leads, what about MAchamp leads for example? And do the Screens work?
If you're asking about 4th gen then:
1) you can still beat Machamp leads if you pack lum berry (you're faster and MM 2hkos);
2) EQ is necessary as lead Jirachi is extremely common and since there's no team preview if your opponent has Magnezone you're doomed;
3) EQ allows you to 2hko opposing lead Gross, just run more than 12 Spe EVs so you'll outspeed most.

And, double screens Gross can work but use it only if your team is made to abuse them.

If you're playng in 5th Gen then EQ is still the best option as it gives better neutral coverage and with team preview it's pointless to talk about "leads".

Since you have to catch him to progress the game, what is the most efficient way of catching a good Zekrom? After catching him and adding him to my party, can I check his stats to check for IVs in battle? And can I check nature in battle? And should I let him die to Reshiram to avoid unwanted EVs? Thanks much.

Suppose I want a choice scarfer to be able to beat positive natured base 130 speed pokemon. Would I need 264 speed to prevent a speed tie or would 263 speed suffice due to rounding?
I was just about to ask this same question, lol. I need to know how much speed i need to outspeed base 130s after a quiver dance. Please, can someone answer this?

Since you have to catch him to progress the game, what is the most efficient way of catching a good Zekrom? After catching him and adding him to my party, can I check his stats to check for IVs in battle? And can I check nature in battle? And should I let him die to Reshiram to avoid unwanted EVs? Thanks much.
You can check stats in battle, but Nature doesn't show :-( You may be able to deduce it by trial and error; input the stats in an IV calculator then go through the natures in turn looking for those that give possible values. Otherwise, you have to lose to N or Ghetsis, then you can check the nature; after you beat them the game auto-saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)