Want to write for The Smog? (Yes, you do!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Smogonites! I've recently arrived here and would love to assist The Smog in anyway possible. In terms of Pokemon, I'd perhaps be suited to an in-game article, or 'experimental pokemon for competitive play', or something along those lines. I may be young, but A*'s in English speak for themselves. Also, Pokemon Red was my first game ever, from when I was 3, So I'd certainly be able to put my heart and soul into an article. Please notify me if an oppotunity arises!

I have been a member of Smogon for a while now, and what you guys are doing out here is great, so I'd like to do something back, if that should ever be needed.
I like to think that I'm a decent-to-good writer, even though English isn't my native language (though I am taking bilingual education in school). I'm pretty active in most Smogon sections (ranging from Dragonspiral to CAP), and while I'm not really a good battler myself, I think I have a decent knowledge of what is going on in most sections of the website.

I'm not the greatest at coming up with articles, but if someone would provide a topic to write about, I would be happy to take the opportunity and try to write an article on it. If The Smog is still looking for any writers, I'm here to try.

I've been a avid reader of the smog and have always enjoyed each issue. I'd love to help out if I could, I don't really have any ideas though. I could probably do some featured pokemon articles or commeting on a rmt

If you were to have like a rookie section, to follow someone on his journey to becoming a better battler, then I would write it :D:D:D:D:D

You probably won't want someone writing for The Smog at my post count, but if required I would happily write for The Smog.

@ TeamDarmon: Instead of double posting, just edit your original post. Also, I doubt it would be popular due to it being a RP, when most read The Smog for competiteve battling advice, teams etc.

Take that back. No art, but I could still write for you. PM me if you want me to do something. (I would be particually interested in something about CAP/ CAP ASB)

I'd love to write for The Smog! Only thing though, I'm not really good at playing Pokemon competitively (I know about everything that goes behind a Wifi-match, I'm just not a very good tactician).

I could write pretty much anything else, though. I have been lurking around the forums a lot and I've played pretty much every single Pokemon game (braggart...), so I have a huge database of knowledge to base my articles on.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd love to write for The Smog! Only thing though, I'm not really good at playing Pokemon competitively (I know about everything that goes behind a Wifi-match, I'm just not a very good tactician).

I could write pretty much anything else, though. I have been lurking around the forums a lot and I've played pretty much every single Pokemon game (braggart...), so I have a huge database of knowledge to base my articles on.
I would actually recommend that someone with a broad knowledge of Pokemon like you head over to the C&C subforum! We can always use help, and if you're confident in your grammar skills, you could get started looking through on-site articles and reporting errors in the objective changes thread, or even doing grammar checks for Pokemon analyses before they go on site.

Do articles for the Smog have to be competitive/mechanics based, or can we write about other things too?
Nope, you'll find there are a variety of articles that are more fun based (interviews, Smogon Awards, and even stuff about the TCG).

I would actually recommend that someone with a broad knowledge of Pokemon like you head over to the C&C subforum! We can always use help, and if you're confident in your grammar skills, you could get started looking through on-site articles and reporting errors in the objective changes thread, or even doing grammar checks for Pokemon analyses before they go on site.
Could you link me to that?

I think an 'Evolution to the Weather metagame' is what everyone wants :)
I would be up to the challenge but yeah, Im not as talented as others. Just putting the idea out there in case anybody would like to take it, but I might even write an article just to see how it goes

I'd be willing to help out a little for anything, but I'm not sure what you would want from me to contribute.

Ditto. I don't visit this site much (look at my post count) but given an idea, I could write something (I am in middle school, so be warned. However, I do take AP writing (yes, they have that now)). Like I said, I could do a little something, but I wouldn't suggest giving a substancial assignment without assigning it somewhere else. Thank you.

I'd love to write an article. I'm not much of an "idea" person but I can work with whatever you'd want to give me.

I would love to write for "The Smog". I took 3 years of Journalism in high school and every so often i do freelance work for a nautical magazine. As far as topics go i have a few ideas about the Gen. 5 metagame as a whole, completely objective pieces. I could also write about any topics you guys may have pending.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Oh my. I've been cooped up in the Wi-fi section for so long that I hadn't even realized Smogon had such a prestigious publication. I guess I'm missing out on a ton of what this site has to offer. :0

Hope I can participate one of these days as well. C;

i'm in Erazor's boat - i can and would love to write articles but don't really have much else to contribute except writing so if you could use me, please do!

I would like to discuss the Chansey/Blissey debate, discussing why which one is better for what teams. PM if you want some examples, because i think its kind of redundant to do it here when no to do it on the Smog. Im in club Rookie, here, im pretty new to smogon, but ive been lurking for a few years now, since the start of 4th Gen, and im pretty sure I can do it.

I think i may like to start to make a "Doran's Spriting Corner"

What I could do is I can feature a current sprite I find to be of exemplary quality, and explain why it is good or what could be improved. During Cap spriting contests I can feature the winning submissions. I remember someone doing this once and every issue I look to see if they have that, but they dont. I wish to fill that void and help bring more pixel artists to read The Smog.

Some of you may know me as a writer from Fanfiction.net. Recently, I've been improving my righting and I think I've improved enough to write articles from the Smog. I'm particularly interested in the Entertainment section, and I believe I could write decent articles for it.

Say if i want to write an article (hypothetically) and i actually write it, who do i send it to? If its SDS, i ragequit.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Now I might be new to the forums, but that doesn't mean I'm new to this site OR competitive battling. I could write stuff if needed, but I think if I got together with another writer I could share some ideas that may come to mind.

I read every smog in depth, and I love it. I play every tier, and I can use my experience to my advantage. I want to write an article on defensive combos for each tier. As in I'll have stuff like Weezing+Lanturn for the emerging RU, or Empoleon+Zapdos for UU, or Ferrothorn+Gyarados.

I could also do a follow up one about offensive combos for each tier, like Sharpedo+Yanmega for RU, Snorlax+Sigilyph for UU, or Reuniclus+Excadrill in OU.

Hey i would be interested how about the future of pokemon such as what it would it be like and the mechanics playing on the new wii 2

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i would be interested in writing an article about the project my sig links to, but it's not quite well developed enough for that.

i could also probably write a spriting tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)