5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Full seed.

Which area are you in? You're probably getting messed up by NPCs.
I'm on Route 5, and there's tons of moving NPC's, but the other route to catch Solosis isn't any better. :(

Enter the full seed. And from what I've read(haven't gotten this far yet), you're going to want to test it several times until you have an idea of where you're at. For example, let's say you catch one that's Adamant and then one that's Timid. That probably won't tell you much, there are likely multiple Adamant then Timid combinations. But if you do 5 in a row and get something like Adamant/Timid/Modest/Hardy/Brave, then you'll probably be much more likely to find where you are.
Well every time I start, I always catch a Lonely Minccino. So then I re-start, advance the PID by one, and I'll always catch a Sassy Liepard, so I assumed they would be right next to eachother. Should I keep advancing the PID frame by 1 each time to see if I get something other than Liepard? That might tell me something...and thanks! ^^

Then it's gonna be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to be able to predict the PID. This is done easier on an Emulator where you are able to see which frame you're on.

PID RNG question: Is my starting PID frame constant, or will it change every time I make a new save with an egg in the day-care?
Putting this on a new page. I feel like I'm wasting time hatching every egg and then rare candying without reloading for my quick hatch and IV check AR code. Help is much appreciated! :)

I've never tried to RNG before. Dragonboy52 just helped me out a lot, but I'm not getting what I want. I'm going for a Jolly Cobalion with 31 IVs in all but Special Attack

Seed: 3ABF6BA1
Full Seed: 3ABF6BA134D2B16F
Frame: 1
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 13, 31, 31
Hidden Power: Dark 59
Date/Time: 03/07/11 5:22:58
Keypress: Up

I'm using a Jolly Synchronizer. Am I just missing the seed, or is it something else completely. Remember, I'm completely new to this, so I am still unsure if I am doing it correctly.

I keep getting 5, 11, 12, 11, 30, 11 for the IVs. The nature has been Jolly for the first and third time, but I think that's just because of the Synchronizer.

DS Lite Parameters:

English Black
MAC 0023CCD5B8DB

Seconds: 1
VCount: 60
Timer0: C79
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 6

Thanks in advance for the help.

Just making sure:
I can still RNG C gear seeds on a DSi, right?
Yep, you still can.

Do synchronizers affect the pid frame?
For example, I have a shiny Pokemon on pid frame 79 with a mild nature,
but I want to use a synchronizer to get my desired nature. Would the pid frame remain the same or will it automatically jump to the nearest pid frame of my synchro's nature?

Question

Im trying catch a shiny Cobalion my starting frame is 11 and the shiny PID is 295.
I do my 256 steps it take to get to frame 10 I then catch check Iv nature and its correct. I repeat the process to get my Shiny starting PID ensuring that I hit my frame and correct IVs.

The problem is I cannot find my pattern
Impish
Bashful
Rash

for seed CDED20D3B8788C6A.

Can anyone check with my and see if Im over looking my starting shiny pid?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Putting this on a new page. I feel like I'm wasting time hatching every egg and then rare candying without reloading for my quick hatch and IV check AR code. Help is much appreciated! :)
I've gotten 100% consistent PIDs for eggs of different saves (on the same seed) by saving inside, pressing down to walk out the door, immediately holding Left and then mashing A like crazy to talk to the daycare man.

I've gotten 100% consistent PIDs for eggs of different saves (on the same seed) by saving inside, pressing down to walk out the door, immediately holding Left and then mashing A like crazy to talk to the daycare man.
Thanks so much, that makes this much easier for me. :)

So if i'm RNGing a pokemon in, say Chargestone Cavern after I've started at the right time, and walked the number of steps i need to hit my IV frame, is there a way to make sure that I'll encounter a Ferroseed when I sweet scent, and not, say, klink? or joltik? and does that have to do with saving repeatedly to change the nature?

So if i'm RNGing a pokemon in, say Chargestone Cavern after I've started at the right time, and walked the number of steps i need to hit my IV frame, is there a way to make sure that I'll encounter a Ferroseed when I sweet scent, and not, say, klink? or joltik? and does that have to do with saving repeatedly to change the nature?
they only way to ensure you get what you want is to check the encounter slot and save or use chato with chatter to advancve the pid frame.

they only way to ensure you get what you want is to check the encounter slot and save or use chato with chatter to advancve the pid frame.
so, i should just right click the frame and choose "calculate encounter slots"? and if it has the nature and right slot i will get a ferroseed with that nature? and if not i just keep looking further down the generated list?

Question

Im trying catch a shiny Cobalion my starting frame is 11 and the shiny PID is 295.
I do my 256 steps it take to get to frame 10 I then catch check Iv nature and its correct. I repeat the process to get my Shiny starting PID ensuring that I hit my frame and correct IVs.

Impish
Bashful
Rash

Are you using a synchro-poke? If you aren't, I think your PID frame based on your pattern is 612-614.

Question

Impish
Bashful
Rash

Your PID frame should be way higher than 295 after walking 256 steps. I'd start checking after frame 500. Which won't do you any good cause it's already past your shiny frame. Unless there's another nearby shiny frame after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)