5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

im not using any sync lead. if it is 612-614 then i would have to find a new seed
If I remember correctly, walking/turning in an area where you normally encounter wild pokemon advances your PIDRNG so if that's the case, I think you should look for either a low frame for IVRNG or a high frame for PIDRNG with minimal IVRNG frame advances.

Can anybody help me?

I'm trying to get into RNG abuse for the first time. Please check my first attempt a few posts up.
When are you holding the Up button? I've found that it really helps to hold the button(s) on the DS menu screen before I'm pressing A to start the game and to keep holding them until no longer necessary. I wasn't hitting my seeds before that but it's worked since then. Hopefully that helps.

Im trying to RNG a shiny Volcarana (or whatever it's called) and I checked the synch only box and I kept getting the same shiny Docile one even with a Timid syncher. I checked it with 2 versions of RNG Reporter and they both said that it shold become Timid with a Timid syncher. Does anyone no why it doesn't work

Full Seed: 4CD2A92A87CDB321
MAC Address: 001ea9f72545
Paramaters: GX Stat- 6 Vcount- 60 Vframe - 6 Timier0 min and max - 0
ID: 10367 SID: 30661
IVs: 30/15/30/31/30/30 Frame 1 PID for shiny: 113
Month 4 day 21 year 2011 time: 6:9:44am Holding x

My DS appears to have an unfindable set of parameters when the hour is 12. I haven't checked every single other hour, but for most of them, the parameters are consistant. Is this normal? Any way to work around it?

If I do my 128 step advancing outside a cave will my starting frame go up when I go into the cave? or would it take another 128 steps to advance it?

Im trying to RNG a shiny Volcarana (or whatever it's called) and I checked the synch only box and I kept getting the same shiny Docile one even with a Timid syncher. I checked it with 2 versions of RNG Reporter and they both said that it shold become Timid with a Timid syncher. Does anyone no why it doesn't work

Full Seed: 4CD2A92A87CDB321
MAC Address: 001ea9f72545
Paramaters: GX Stat- 6 Vcount- 60 Vframe - 6 Timier0 min and max - 0
ID: 10367 SID: 30661
IVs: 30/15/30/31/30/30 Frame 1 PID for shiny: 113
Month 4 day 21 year 2011 time: 6:9:44am Holding x
Maybe a stupid question, but the Synchronizer is at the front of your party before the battle starts, right? I'm getting a shiny Docile result if the Synchronizer nature is set to none. If that's not the problem, it's probably something wrong with RNG Reporter.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
My DS parameters keep changing. Is there something I can do about it?

Maybe a stupid question, but the Synchronizer is at the front of your party before the battle starts, right? I'm getting a shiny Docile result if the Synchronizer nature is set to none. If that's not the problem, it's probably something wrong with RNG Reporter.
Ths synch is in the first slot. I copied the full seed to the main window and put method 5 pid rng and selected a timid synch and it says that it should be timid with a synch.

i would not use a sync lead for some reason it threw my natures off. I ended doing it without the sync and got the correct pokemon.

My DS parameters keep changing. Is there something I can do about it?
does it change from often from one to another with the same parameter?

as long as it stay the same between them two you can use either settings.

your not always going to get the same one but it should be only two that come up

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
does it change from often from one to another with the same parameter?

as long as it stay the same between them two you can use either settings.

your not always going to get the same one but it should be only two that come up
It was varying between two sets, but now another set of parameters has come up :/

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm using an original DS. DSi mode hasn't been cracked, otherwise I'd be doing it there.

Parameter problem

Thank you Bond697 for the information on timer0.

I have another problem, this time with the parameter process. I load my game up at a time, I put that into the search, I put in my mac address, the version and the DS type, I catch my pokemon, find its IV ranges and input them.

When I finally press search it loads up some searches and spits out nothing.

The only reason I am looking again is because a seed I am trying to get on timer0 C7F and I can never hit the seed. I know that timer0 changes slightly (thanks to Bond697) but I want to know which one I can hit more efficiently.

Trying to RNG a shiny solosis, but I keep hitting the wrong seed. Is there anything I need to keep in mind when having to wait for a minute rollover before starting up? I usually pick seconds that are like 20+, but I only found a seed on 4, so I need to set the clock a minute early. Could that be causing a problem?

I'm actually leaving for work soon, but I'm sure others on here can help you if you have any trouble.

Are you sure you copied the seed correctly? The first Rash frame I see is 217.
I just double-checked the seed; it's correct. Although the first Rash frame I get is 219, not 217. Perhaps the difference in beta 4 and beta 5?

Regarding ID abuse: Do values "true" under Starter in Pandora's box count only for wild pokemon, or for stationary legends as well?

Meh, I've tried 3 different seeds for that shiny Axew and neither of them actually came out shiny. Is this something that's easy to fix or is it gonna take a while?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
RNG Reporter 9 beta 6 is out.

Fixed:
- Time Finder progress window displaying the number of searched frames VERY inaccurately
- Time Finder displaying incorrect IVs if the max frame was set to a low number
- Time Finder displaying incorrect IVs for adjacent seed search and lot of other things, actually

Added:
- Time Finder can now search for frames that are shiny for both Wild and Stationary encounters, which covers eggs and gift Pokemon as well. (NOTE: the frame numbers will not be the same.)
- Support for fishing\shaking grass encounters.

Okay, so I am looking for a Timid Special Flawless Deino using the Standard Non C gear method. I get my desired seed with IVs, with a frame of 6 (The seed time was exactly the same as earlier today). I walk 128 steps w/ 5 Poke's in my party, and sweet scent at 128th step. I get a Durant with decent IVs, with a couple high in some desired stats, but not one is flawless. What do I do now? And I'm a beginner, can you please speak as clearly as possible? Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)