5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Can please someone answer my question? How would I know how to make the Pokemon I want to catch appear when using Sweet Scent? I only used Sweet Scent once and it was a 100%-appearing pokemon, Frillish. For other Pokemons in the cave, grass, etc, how would I make a specific Pokemon appear? This is for the C-Gear abuse.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can please someone answer my question? How would I know how to make the Pokemon I want to catch appear when using Sweet Scent? I only used Sweet Scent once and it was a 100%-appearing pokemon, Frillish. For other Pokemons in the cave, grass, etc, how would I make a specific Pokemon appear? This is for the C-Gear abuse.
You cannot control the Pokemon that appears unless you are working with standard seeds (aka non C-Gear).

You cannot control the Pokemon that appears unless you are working with standard seeds (aka non C-Gear).
Oh, thank you for the answer, sir. Isn't there still any way to control standard seeds with a DSi/XL?
My best bet would only still be luck (plus synchronizers and encounter percentage), correct?

How about for eggs? Can I still control the IV's with a flawless Ditto and Power Item? I don't mind shininess, can't I control the PID frame for ability and gender? How about for natures, everstone on a Ditto with a Male Parent?

Oh, thank you for the answer, sir. Isn't there still any way to control standard seeds with a DSi/XL?
My best bet would only still be luck (plus synchronizers and encounter percentage), correct?

How about for eggs? Can I still control the IV's with a flawless Ditto and Power Item? I don't mind shininess, can't I control the PID frame for ability and gender? How about for natures, everstone on a Ditto with a Male Parent?
you cant do standard seeds on a Dsi or XL lol as for the eggs question im unsure

you cant do standard seeds on a Dsi or XL lol as for the eggs question im unsure
Can't do yet, I hope. C-Gear is really difficult for me. I like pressing buttons more than using my stylus.

I only know that egg frames for the C-gear will start at 8 (or is it 5 now since RNG reporter omits the first three frames?)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Can't do yet, I hope. C-Gear is really difficult for me. I like pressing buttons more than using my stylus.

I only know that egg frames for the C-gear will start at 8 (or is it 5 now since RNG reporter omits the first three frames?)
Technically, egg frames with the C-Gear would start at frame 10. RNG Reporter omits the first two frames, bringing it back to frame 8 like with standard seeds.

I'm trying now to capture a wild Exadrill with C-Gear method and I have a few questions after my first few failures :p (My seed is A64C8D4B, Frame 9 (so target frame = 6), Delay 3951)

First, can I do this like I would for a stationary pokemon? After starting my game with the updated EonTimer, I take my 250 Max Repel, and walk 256 steppes with 3 pokes in the team. During that time, I always hope that a shaking spot shows up. If it shows up during that time, I walk into it, after the Repel finishes, and capture it. If not, than I take a Small Repel (100 steps) and try to prolongue my chance to get a shaking spot, while still being under 384 steppes.

Is this correct until now? I know I can't determine its nature and Ability, so I'm using a Synchro-Pokemon at my lead Spot and hope for the 50^2% chance.

My second question is more general.. When I correctly hit my delay and frame for a 31/31/31/31/31/31 spread, does this mean EVERY wild pokemon that I can catch during this frame has perfect IVs? If yes can I capture it and continue catching more of them right afterwards?

Thanks in advance!
Repost

I'm trying to catch a Cobalion with 31/31/31/X/31/31 as the IV spread. I must be missing something because I'm up to my 7th try I think, and not once have I gotten anywhere close to my goal.

The 1st and 4th times, I got a Jolly on with the IVs 9/21/17/21/26/29.

The 2nd, 3rd, and 5th times, I got a Jolly one, with the same but much worse IVs that I can't recall anymore.

The 6th time I got a Mild one with 19/23/18/7/24/21 as the IV spread.

I must be doing something wrong. Please help me out.
Helps to know which method you're using, as well as other pertinent info like mac address, which seed/date/time, etc :P

In general, if you're using standard, make you're sure you've calibrated everything right (timer 0, seconds to enter before, etc etc) and you've entered all the appropriate data right (like selecting stationary, right seed info, date/time right, etc etc). From there, I dunno...if you've never even hit the seed at all something's likely wrong with your setup; if you've at least hit those IVs before, your timer 0 really hates you, just make sure you try to do everything the same.

For c-gear, assuming you've calibrated and everything correctly, never hurts to calibrate further if you're not getting close at all with your delays.

Basically, just double check and make sure you've set up everything correctly beforehand as well as using the right search parameters and such; if you're absolutely sure you've done everything right beforehand, you'll need to post some more info to get any real help.
Using standard (non c-gear) method. I've put in everything the way the game says. This is my first time attempting any sort of RNG abuse.

My DS Mac Address is 0023CCD5B8DB
VCount: 60
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 6
Timer0: C79
Posting this again because of the new page.

Just droppin this back in here, since I don't think theres a guide that explains this.

So, is this a correct summary of breeding in BW:

1. Find a good spread on frame 8 in Time Finder, selecting Gift Pokemon.
2. Deposit parents.
3. Run around outside until an egg is generated.
4. Save inside the house.
5. Hit the seed, leave house and mash A and left to get the egg.
6. Hatch egg.
7. Take note of ability, gender and IV's.
8. If possible, find in main window, otherwise repeat a few more times to get consistent results, then advance PID by 1 to narrow results.
9. Find out how far to advance to your correct PID.
10. Hit seed once more, advance PID in house, then collect egg.

Does this sound right??

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm trying to get myself a Shiny Venipede in Lostlorn Forest. Encounterslot of my Shiny PID (917) is 5. Already caught Axew with it, so I'm doing it right. But, every time I'm trying to get that Shiny Venipede, all I get is non-shiny Swadloon, with the right Gender/Nature/Ability. What am I doing wrong?

Seed: D4CFF33E4C4F814B
ID: 55913 SID: 14797

Hello, kind of new to RNG-ing. Just a quick question. Does sweet-scenting and using of item (repel) advances the frame? if so, for how many?

Thank you masters! ^_^
The act of sweet scenting does not advance the frame, and neither does using a repel. However, every step you take in an area where wild pokémon encounters are possible, the PID frame will advance by 2.

Uhh, yes it does?
I wish it did.

MAC address is also grayed out and it won't let me enter anything...

EDIT: Do I have to generate in the search option under capture instead of under 5th gen parameters...? I'm trying to follow bearsfan's video and the RNG Reporter does not resemble his...

OK, I think I get it now.

So I fill in the parameters, then go to the search tab, put method 5 (standard), enter my month and whatnot, and THEN click search? And then it takes a few minutes to go through and tell me of the results?

The act of sweet scenting does not advance the frame, and neither does using a repel. However, every step you take in an area where wild pokémon encounters are possible, the PID frame will advance by 2.
DS MAC Address: 001BEA936414
GxStat: 6
Soft Reset: (unticked)
VCount: 60
VFrame: 6
Timer0 Min: C7E
Timer0 Max: C7E
Actual Seconds: 26
Seconds I inputted in parameters: 25
Version: White Version (English) [I have a legit cartridge or original cart]
DS Type: DS Lite

Target Frame: 6

I am loading the game from the DS menu a second before the actual target time. No keypresses. And I am saved inside Pinwheel forest. Have used repel before I even saved my game. I have 5 pokes in party. I'm gonna run back and forth outside patch of grass until the repel's 100 steps are gone. Then I will walk again counting to 28 steps (turning is not included in the count). After 128 steps, I will walk in the patch of grass then use "Sweet Scent". Will catch the pokemon then check IV. Not the IV spreads I was expecting for... :(

Did I do something wrong here? I can't tell...

EDIT: Used Method 5 (Standard Seed) btw...

I am loading the game from the DS menu a second before the actual target time. No keypresses. And I am saved inside Pinwheel forest. Have used repel before I even saved my game. I have 5 pokes in party. I'm gonna run back and forth outside patch of grass until the repel's 100 steps are gone. Then I will walk again counting to 28 steps (turning is not included in the count). After 128 steps, I will walk in the patch of grass then use "Sweet Scent". Will catch the pokemon then check IV. Not the IV spreads I was expecting for... :(

Did I do something wrong here? I can't tell...
it can be that the 129th step is the one wich advances your frame again. try to enter in the grass with the 128th step.

it can be that the 129th step is the one wich advances your frame again. try to enter in the grass with the 128th step.
i tried that too.. still wrong IV spread. I'm currently re-calibrating my DS. I've read about something with the Timer0 fluctuating or something. So I'm inputting new parameters of the newer pokemon i've caught. my timer0 changed from C7E to C7F. Then tried to hit the seed again.. Given me another failed IV spread, I will once again input the parameters of this new pokemon into my DS parameters and see if the timer0 will change. I wish this method would work out for me.

If anyone out there knows the solution, please help me :(

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
PLEASE NOTE: There was a bug in the latest beta which caused ALL standard seed IVs generated by Time Finder to be incorrect, not just some. The link on the front page has been updated to beta 6.2, please redownload RNG Reporter.

Your timing or timer0 might be slightly off. Right-click your target seed in the Time Finder and click Generate Adjacent Seeds (Current Frame). If you were off by one of those, you should see it in the adjacents list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)