5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

why does no one look at pandora's box.

http://pokemon.thundaga.com/starter_rng_mrfixit.doc

it's been done for awhile, is extremely easy to use, and works very well.
Omg! I've been trying to get help on rnging a shiny starter since yesterday. That guide was extremely helpful. Thanks so much!

The only thing that messed me up on the guide was the part about putting in the TID when you start the game, and subtracting the frame value from the previous search. I got 15 so I thought I had to say 'No' 15 times, but I later found I had to say 'No' 14 times instead. It's late so I don't know if I'm making sense.

Regardless, it worked. Thanks :)

So, here's my big noob question...what does Pandora's Box do anyways? I've honestly never seen a guide for it on the main thread, so I've ignored it all of last Gen and into this one as well lol.

So, here's my big noob question...what does Pandora's Box do anyways? I've honestly never seen a guide for it on the main thread, so I've ignored it all of last Gen and into this one as well lol.
Pandora's box generates seeds for an ID/SID combination that gives a specific PID of your choice the shiny status.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm at the Dragonspiral Tower, in the Winter. So it's snowing all around me. When I try to use Sweet Scent, I get the message that Sweet Scent faded for some reason. Why is that? I'm at the right PID frame now.. so if I move I'm screwed

Pandora's box generates seeds for an ID/SID combination that gives a specific PID of your choice the shiny status.
Interesting...shame I don't know what my SID is :(

Oh well...on an unrelated note, just browsing through the random months for this year I found a Frame 2 seed with flawless IVs! And yes it's at a time after the day the game came out so it doesn't look weird...so yay me lol.

Yeah, thanks, I'm quite sure it's E when I hit A right as it turns my second, and F after I let it sit on the second just a tiny bit. But if I try to go for E, there's a spread with a frame of ONE!

That's pretty awesome, no walking at all! I'm gonna try to hit that one.
And failing exact same way as last time... except this time it's between two consistent results.

V5 had an error with seed searching and wild shiny PIDs. They have been corrected in v6* versions.
It seems v6 is the one with the error in searching for seed searching and wild shiny PIDs. Every single seed I've searched and tried to hit with v6 has been wrong

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm at the Dragonspiral Tower, in the Winter. So it's snowing all around me. When I try to use Sweet Scent, I get the message that Sweet Scent faded for some reason. Why is that? I'm at the right PID frame now.. so if I move I'm screwed
Sweet Scent doesn't work if there's overworld weather.

It seems v6 is the one with the error in searching for seed searching and wild shiny PIDs. Every single seed I've searched and tried to hit with v6 has been wrong
Nope. Beta 6 displays the correct seeds. The problem is on your end.

Why does Seed to Time function reject C-Gear seeds (Gift Pokemon)? I'm trying to hatch eggs and the IV's I get are out of the +- 999 delay and +- 9 seconds from the seed I'm trying to hit. This is via C-Gear.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So, I cannot capture Vanillite there, but only at places where NPC's are screwing me?
For the moment. The weather actually screws the PIDRNG even more.

In the (hopefully near) future, the Chatot method will be expanded further so that you know exactly which frame you are on. This way you'll be able to deal with NPCs easily.

Why does Seed to Time function reject C-Gear seeds (Gift Pokemon)? I'm trying to hatch eggs and the IV's I get are out of the +- 999 delay and +- 9 seconds from the seed I'm trying to hit. This is via C-Gear.
...because three of the IVs come from the parents. Eggs are not actually "Gift Pokemon". They have their own method.

So I'm hearing holding a button during the Nintendo screen screws up the Timer0. Does this mean I have to calibrate while holding every button to be able to RNG with the non-Cgear method?

I have been trying to get Victini all day, and this simple seeming method has not given me the right IVs once.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Oh, thanks. But Everytime I place my seed, it doesn't even show up the spread I wanted.
Exactly which seed are you using and where are you "placing" it?

What do Male and Female when it comes to egg IVs correspond to?
Isn't it obvious? The male and female parents, and which one passes down the corresponding IV.

So I'm hearing holding a button during the Nintendo screen screws up the Timer0. Does this mean I have to calibrate while holding every button to be able to RNG with the non-Cgear method?

I have been trying to get Victini all day, and this simple seeming method has not given me the right IVs once.
Not every button. I recommend calibrating both with no buttons and with holding down just one button.

Question about Roamers; Is the Nature still related to the PID, since I hit my frame, walked outside, wrote down the nature, then I do it again but save once, and still the same nature (I'm 100% sure I hit it consistently). So I guess I hit the Magical PID.

And how to "get around" the Magical PID?

I was searching in Time Finder yesterday and I tried this seed with the corresponding IV's and I'm placing it to the Seed to Times function.

31/30/31/8/31/0 Frame 8 Seed: 0F508500

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Question about Roamers; Is the Nature still related to the PID, since I hit my frame, walked outside, wrote down the nature, then I do it again but save once, and still the same nature (I'm 100% sure I hit it consistently). So I guess I hit the Magical PID.

And how to "get around" the Magical PID?
Wait longer before finishing the encounter.

I was searching in Time Finder yesterday and I tried this seed with the corresponding IV's and I'm placing it to the Seed to Times function.

31/30/31/8/31/0 Frame 8 Seed: 0F508500
Would help if you shared more details, like your MAC address\delay\whether you remembered to expand the search's max frame to 8.

So...are the standard seeds generated for RNG Reporter for Gift Pokemon (I plan on doing some breeding, you want to use gift Pokemon for that one right?) accurate in Beta 5? Because one of them matches a wild seed as well...or is that normal?

Edit: Nvm, realized I didn't look at the right frames for eggs, dumb me lol.

Would help if you shared more details, like your MAC address\delay\whether you remembered to expand the search's max frame to 8.
Ah, my bad.

The last 6 digits of my Mac Address: 4E65E1
I only typed in 8 for both minimum and maximum frame, and I the delay for that seed is 7956.

However, I tried using the latest beta 6 of RNG Reporter and it seemed fine with the seeds I searched in Time Finder.

Alright, now I'm really confused. Just as a test, I opened up my time finder and put in some search criteria that I know will throw up a result, because it always has in every previous release of RNG reporter.

DS Parameters:
GxStat: 6
VCount: 60
VFrame: 6
Timer0: C7C
DS MAC Address: 0025A0865DF0
Game Version: Black (English)

Year: 2011
Month: 4
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

In all previous releases, these criteria would produce this result:

Seed: 9E02B0AEEBE8CB09
Target Frame: 1
Date/Time: 04/02/11 19:58:18
Keypress: L

Now, I've used this particular seed many times and happen to know it works just fine for me, but now in beta 6, not only does this result not get produced in the time finder, but not a single one of the seeds produced by beta 6 return the predicted IV spread when I use them. What gives?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
For the moment. The weather actually screws the PIDRNG even more.

In the (hopefully near) future, the Chatot method will be expanded further so that you know exactly which frame you are on. This way you'll be able to deal with NPCs easily.

...because three of the IVs come from the parents. Eggs are not actually "Gift Pokemon". They have their own method.
Thanks, but I've found my solution already. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)