VGC '11 United Kingdom National - Birmingham - June 4th - WON BY RubeNCB92 & Plusle

Status
Not open for further replies.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

National Exhibition Centre [ Map ]
Hall 8, Birmingham NEC
Birmingham
B40 1NT
Tel: +44 (0)844 3388000​

Nintendo have once again chosen to place their yearly United Kingdom VGC Qualifier in Birmingham, due to the success of last year. Birmingham being more central to the country than somewhere like London may be the reason for this, especially considering the amount of players they wish to sign (capping out at 1024 across the 3 divisions). Unlike last year, this year will see the Junior, Senior and Master divisions based upon the ages of the player. More information will be posted in this thread as it becomes available.

Additional Information
How to Get There
Accomodation convenient for the NEC
Cheapest ticket fare finder (The Train Line)
Prizes

Attending
There are 256 spaces in Juniors & Seniors and 512 in Masters

Masters Division (Born in 1995 or earlier)
Registration line will open at 12:30 PM and close at 1:00 PM.
  1. Giant Enemy Crab - [4th Place UK VGC 2010]
  2. Kinneas - [2nd Place UK VGC 2010][Cute]
  3. Havak - [Top 32 UK VGC 2010][Top 32 UK VGC 2009]
  4. Osirus182 - [3rd Place UK VGC 2010]
  5. tab - [:D !]
  6. Keelhauled
  7. Pokérob - [Top 16 UK VGC 2010 - Victim of Kinneas]
  8. tblakey89
  9. Wichu
  10. Hoyle - [Got lost UK VGC 2010]
  11. Cinaclov - [Top 32 UK VGC 2010]
  12. Arcanite
  13. Joee!
  14. PenguinX
  15. fitzy72
  16. Zog - [Using a One Move Team]
  17. Gazooki - [The designated UK EV Trainer]
  18. IAmMarti - [Top 64 UK VGC 2010]
  19. Zystral - [Ragequit UK VGC 2010]
  20. am - [Top 8 UK VGC 2009]
  21. SP-Eevee - [Top 32 UK VGC 2010]
  22. B-Lulz - [The Designated Substitute for Team Smogon]
  23. EspyJoel - [Will be photoshopped out of all Smogon Group Photos]
  24. -Dragon9 - [Top 8 UK VGC 2010]
  25. cantab
  26. Picollo
  27. Die2Distroy
  28. toooldforpokemon
  29. samgei
  30. Swaggersaurus
  31. Yoshiken
  32. RubeNCB92 - [The Spanish Armada]
  33. Dozzalon
  34. Jigglypaul
  35. Nopie
  36. elvor0
  37. Gargadon
  38. Plusle

Senior Division (Born in 1996, 1997, 1998, or 1999)
Registration line opens at 8:00 AM and will be closed at 8:30 AM.
  1. shuckles my hero
  2. Pokemafia

Masters Division for me, not as experienced in this tier as last year's but you can be sure I'll be there to meet up with everyone again!

Masters, yeah! 1024 participants? Is that per division? At least we won't have problems with people being turned away again (hopefully) :)

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Masters, yeah! 1024 participants? Is that per division? At least we won't have problems with people being turned away again (hopefully) :)
That'll probably be per tournament (though I hope it isn't). I'd imagine Juniors will be limited to 256, and then one of the other tournaments would get 512. It's hard to imagine which age division will get the highest allocation though..

I'm in, Masters I suppose. Gotta defend my top 32 spot :P. Or just get as far as I can and have a good time, either is good with me ^_^

Reporting for duty!

Top 16 2009, Top 128 2010 and last round of the worlds LCQ. Eheh. I think I can do it this year though. And yeah I'm a Pokémon Master who also happens to be in the masters division.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm glad you've included a picture to help people find it, but do you have a copy of the directions in braille so Hoyle doesn't get lost again?

I will be attending and will be signing autographs and selling merchandise with my face on it after the event in order to cover the cost of travel (and I know how much you all want it). Predicting a gec, Kinneas, Havak, akira top 4 because we're the best.

I'll be going of course, still pissed that I missed out last year because I was too lazy to make a team. And this time I promise not to fuck anyone's EV training up.

Predicting a Zog, Zog, Zog, Zog top 4 because he's the best.
Thanks Kin it's always good to know someone has faith in me, lol. But yeah this'll be great, just leave your unEVeds and choice items at home guys. If I have to fight any I might cry.

I'm glad you've included a picture to help people find it, but do you have a copy of the directions in braille so Hoyle doesn't get lost again?.
I'm already printing off a map. And while being lost last year I found Hall 8 so I'll be fine.

Sign me up for masters..... *gulp* havent got the weekend off work yet but my boss is cool, im sure it will be fine.

I think havak spelt my name wrong, it is spelt keelhauled not I 9.9

yere yere im going as a cheerleader and to win it because i am the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)