VGC 2011 rules up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Pokemon official site will be down tomorrow for "Routine Maintenance". Maybe its nothing but they could be setting up the vgc page up. Not that it takes all day and taking the website down to be able to do that, but might as well keep an eye out.

EDIT: Ok, i was wrong. Unfortunately. Though it should be any day now, right?

breh

強いだね
synopsis of rules, ignoring obvious

so...

this concretely means no team preview, right?

or is it the vice versa?

EDIT2: oh shi- team preview

THOSE YEARS PLAYING PBR SHALL PAY OFF

EDIT: no item changing anymore also?

"Each Pokémon may hold no more than one item, which cannot be changed after registration"

EDIT3: "A 15-minute time limit for each match will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. If the outcome has not been determined by the end of the time limit, the game will automatically apply tiebreakers to determine a winner."

what are these "tiebreakers" of which you speak? EDIT4: oh it's just that same pokemon>percent>HP>sudden death thing as before

"Pokémon below Level 50 remain at their actual level rather than being auto-leveled up to Level 50 for the battle"

Has anybody tried Endeavor solosis in TR yet? TR+muddy water choice specs maggyo seems fun

"Players may not enter a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon character (for example, an Unfexant nicknamed "Pidove")"

trololol typo

Sky Drop is banned, Gravity is not

There is team preview. Not item switching. Those are the main things. And there is confirmation about the self-ko clause and how it will work.

Anyone notice that the number of Worlds invites for the US is down from last year? I wasn't able to check the number of invites for the European events, I was just a little disappointed to see that one now needs to make top 4 to win the flight, and only the top 8 get an actual invite. I did notice that they are cutting to top 32 instead of top 16 this year (in Nationals), though.

Also thank the lord, Masters division LCQ signups start at 1 PM! =DDDDDDD

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There is team preview. Not item switching. Those are the main things. And there is confirmation about the self-ko clause and how it will work.
Zoroark just got a lot worse, there goes my strategy. ;) Well, I'm just glad I got at least some experience playing with Team Preview before we decided they wouldn't have it, now to design a team that doesn't deal with surprise. This, unfortunately, actually LEVELS the playing competition. You can deal with Trick Room by packing Imprison Shandera.

Also, lol rules fail:

"Players may not enter a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon character (for example, an Unfexant nicknamed "Pidove")"

Common TPCi, I know you can spell Unfezant right. ;)

Yeah see? None of you would listen to me when I kept saying there could still be team preview.

Well anyway, this should make it way easier to practice on wifi.

oh man... only top 4 in the u.s. gets paid trips to worlds for all divisions which makes 12 paid flights in comparison to last year's 16 (8 per division).

also, every european country gets 8 invites per age division but only two flights... which basically means we will see 10 europeans at worlds this year (a ridiculous number when you see that europe got 40 invites).
also, winners still cannot be accompanied if they're 18+...

also wouldnt have hurt to know about team preview on earlier...

hmmm does that also mean , if i come Top 8 here in Europe and got my invitation iam still allowed to play somewhere else to get a full paid trip? There isnt anything written about that (or i cant find it) but this would be good , that was the stupidest rule last year.

hmm i cant get out of the feeling, that this year, the organisators of the event had many complications...the late annoucment , the poor , incorect or silly rules..its the first time that we are not allowed to chance our items -__-...

hmmm does that also mean , if i come Top 8 here in Europe and got my invitation iam still allowed to play somewhere else to get a full paid trip? There isnt anything written about that (or i cant find it) but this would be good , that was the stupidest rule last year.

hmm i cant get out of the feeling, that this year, the organisators of the event had many complications...the late annoucment , the poor , incorect or silly rules..its the first time that we are not allowed to chance our items -__-...
Yes you are. Look at the FAQ

http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en/faq said:
Can I participate in more than one Regional Championships tournament?
Players may participate in more than one Regional Championships provided they have not already earned a travel award to the Pokémon Video Game National Championships by placing 1st at a previous Regional Championships in the 2011 tournament season.

Players may earn multiple travel allowances. Travel allowances must be collected by the winner on record.

I love how team preview is back, this will definately influence the way people play and adds a final twist to the ever debated vgc11 rules. :)

breh

強いだね
nah team preview will still be there I presume

but an event would be very nice... Earthquake/Rock Slide/Return/Swords Dance Excadrill anybody? Even better, Rock Slide/CC/RS/SD Terrakion :D

or it could be one of those wondertombs from a few months ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)