Terrakion

If you want to abuse Dynamic Punch then go use Machamp. Iron Fist boosts Hammer Arm and Shadow Punch making the move somewhat usable.

If you want to abuse Dynamic Punch then go use Machamp. Iron Fist boosts Hammer Arm and Shadow Punch making the move somewhat usable.
No Guard is fine, the main perk here is confusion, and Hammer Arm's chance of missing and lowering already low speed isn't too great. 100% DynamicPunch and Stone Edge are nice assets to have, and Terrakion not having much to harm Golurk with could force a switch, so you could set up a Sub that way. Shadow Punch is a pretty lame move really, beating other Ghosts is good I suppose, but the perk of a 100% DynamicPunch is hard to pass up, regardless of the lack of STAB.

Hammer Arm is pretty much for hitting Balloon things - EQ will take care of all other Terakion, Dory, Heatran etc otherwise. The Speed drop is pretty entirely inconsequental, and can even help you against Roobushin and other Paybackers. While DynamicPunch is cool, Golurk doesn't need it over Hammer Arm, especially whne it boosts his STAB. I think the main reason I'd pick No Guard is for the 100% Stone Edge, but then again letting everything hit you for 100% isn't great either.

balloon terrakion is great for turning the tables on the common excadrill. come in for a free rock polish (x scissor and rockslide will do nothing) and sweep. rp/sd/cc/se@balloon is the best set for him imo.

Thats exactly my thought. It may not be a check like Gliscor, but if the baloon is still intact, it can beat it 1 on 1.

Please for fuck sake use him more dang it.
TBH he IS the biggest gen 5 threats to me.
his hits is very great and despite priority weak issue, his hits are hard and those priority guys cant switch on him. Basicaly only goruugu is 100 % safe switch in.

Also if you say all he can do is DD, you are wrong. Terra is the perfect physical sweeper (except he dont have those insanity moves though like ES and waterfall which he need) and he does everything about physical business awesomely.
I mean, use CB set for effing sake. It hits really hard

This set has been doing great. Come in on a dark type move to get the plus 1, rock polish on the switch and if you can later, get up a swords dance.

name: Double Boosting
move 1: Rock Polish
move 2: Stone Edge
move 3: Close Combat / Sacred Sword
move 4: Swords Dance
item: Life Orb
evs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
nature: Adamant

This set has been doing great. Come in on a dark type move to get the plus 1, rock polish on the switch and if you can later, get up a swords dance.

The problem with set is that it will die from Scarf(genie/latis), with the latis becoming more common with scarf.

How often are you able to get a second boost up?

+2 Speed > Scarf, but it has to OHKO them with +1 SE, which I don't know if it can
With STAB, it can definitely take down the Kamis. Metalkid's damage calculator is down right now, so I'm not too sure about Latias. However, it shouldn't be too difficult to Pursuit Trap it with Tyranitar, who is already a good partner for it.

Why...is this thing not used more?
Why isn't it top 20 or heck top 10? <-- really am curious

Ah and I am in love with its double boost set. <3

I'm liking the idea of the scarfed version, it's got epic speed and power right of the back. Or maybe banded?
Jolly Scarf Terrakion is the best Terrakion in my opinion, he can revenge so many things it's crazy, there have been games where he kills 4 or 5 things, the only thing he lacks is priority and he would be hands down the best revenge killer in the game, he already is, in my opinion.

Jolly Scarf Terrakion <3

Maybe they're afraid of priority, especially from Conkeldurr. It does have the disadvantages a Rock type would have defensively, and maybe many players just think it's too hard to get in.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
A physically defensive claydol is one of the best counters I've found for this guy, as he resists both of his primary stab attacks (as well as being immune to earthquake). However, if terrakion packs x scissor he does have some issues...

Additionally, he also has power trick if terrakion attempts to boost it's stats.

Scizor is #3 in usage and Conkeldurr is #11, so it has problems maintaining a sweep, due to their powerful priorities. Garchomp is #4 and Gliscor is #5, which can both check the double boost set. Stall has Gliscor to handle the set, while Offense has Scizor, Conkeldurr, Garchomp, and even Latios, Excadrill, and Reuniclus. Terrakion just doesn't fit in with the rest of the metagame, and the double boosting set was at its prime a couple months ago.

Actually with the right spread Terrakion can muscle past and possible spread of both Gliscor and Claydol (the latter only if it runs X-Scissor) as well as things like Bronzong. Gliscor can only beat it if SE misses.

One of his only true counters is Golurk, who resists both his STABs and couldn't care less about his coverage moves. The reason he isn't used imo is that his bad defensive typing makes him a lot harder to set up.

Terrakion shines most in Mults where a Whimsicott uses Beat Up on it and it then uses Rock Slide. Because of this, Terrakion is a top threat in VGC 2011.

Is there a possibility of a Bulky Sandstorm Terrakion set? Possibly with spread of:
@lefties/Lum berry
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Sp.Def
-Rest
-Sacred Sword
-Roar
-Stone Edge
Im terrible at movesets like this haha. Reponse?

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Is there a possibility of a Bulky Sandstorm Terrakion set? Possibly with spread of:
@lefties/Lum berry
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Sp.Def
-Rest
-Sacred Sword
-Roar
-Stone Edge
Im terrible at movesets like this haha. Reponse?

Where there's a will there's a way I suppose. With the right EV spread and nature, anything's possible, but why waste his excellent speed and attack in favor of his inferior stats?? Additionally, his typing is not ideal for a tank, as he has many weaknesses (water, steel, psychic, grass, fighting, and ground).

Because it has one of the worst defensive typings in the OU tier, second only to Tyranitar.
Getting STAB on one of the best type combinations in the metagame is worth it though. Only Golurk, Toxicroak, Claydol, Medicham and Gallade resist Rock + Fighting iirc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)