CAP1 - Part 13.5 - (Pre-Evo Name Submissions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I'm going to support my own but I also like wekhter's Hatchlet
wekhter because like my own it combine both the idea of hatching and hatchet.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In support of this name. Some background:

Aside from being Kitty+Hawk and following Tomohawk's naming scheme, Kittihawk also has some history behind it.
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina was where the Wright brothers first took flight. This fits perfectly with the concept of a grounded pokemon learning to fly, and even if the reference is lost to some, the name still fits.
This exactly. I made up my mind on Kittihawk long ago early in the prevo art stage.

Kittihawk FTW!

Final Submission
Scrappclap

This is based of off 3 words:
1.Nzappa zap, a tomahawk/axe like weapon
2.Scrap, like a fight (or like scrappy, it's ability)
3.Clap, reflecting on how it is a childish cub

I'm not expecting this to chosen or anything, but thought that I might as well post it.

Scrappaclap

This is based of off 3 words:
1.Nzappa zap, a tomahawk/axe like weapon
2.Scrap, like a fight (or like scrappy, it's ability)
3.Clap, reflecting on how it is a childish cub

I'm not expecting this to chosen or anything, but thought that I might as well post it.
It's 11 letters long :x

Torn between two:

Fisticub (fisticuffs + cub)

Scrachling (scratch + hatchling; I really wish I could add the extra 't' so it doesn't look like SKRAWK-ling, but the character limit must be kept)

Also, Kittihawk and Scratchet are amazing.

Scratchet is my favourite so far. It just flows nicely as a name, and it suits the pokemon both by itself and as a prevolution for Tomohawk.

Although I'm also a fan of Fisticub.

Final Submission
Fisticub
(fisticuffs + cub)
Pretty self-explanatory, really. It's a cub and it fights.

EDIT: 500th post! I would like to thank someone for this, but it's really my own doing, so...here's to 500+ more!

Final Submission
Chikitty

Yes, it's another bird-based name, but it sounded kind of cute. It incorporates chick, kitten, and as an added bonus, chickadee, which is also a bird. I was originally trying for a name that involved a tribe, but I guess this works too.

Final Submission

Flybrid:
It will be able to fly soon, and it's a hybrid of two animals.

If anyone wants to submit the other names I suggested, feel free.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Pawlett

~Paw + Hatchlet (another t cause it looks cooler me thinks)
~Paw due to it not yet having its wings
~Hatchlet because he's a wee baby :)

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
What do you guys think about HopiGriff? (Hopi + HippoGriff) If I get enough support for this, I'll make it a final submission.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So my thought process has revolved around the Apache tribe, and possible suffixes for it. I've settled on two, either Apachick or Apachet, either Apache+Chick or Apache+Eaglet. Both names also invoke the 'hatchet' thing others have been going for.

Can I have some feedback on which of these to use as a final submission please?

So my thought process has revolved around the Apache tribe, and possible suffixes for it. I've settled on two, either Apachick or Apachet, either Apache+Chick or Apache+Eaglet. Both names also invoke the 'hatchet' thing others have been going for.

Can I have some feedback on which of these to use as a final submission please?
I like Apachet more, because it shows the word hatchet in it better, but both are pretty good!

About Hopigriff--for those unaware, Hopi are another Native American people, much like the Apache and Navajo.

The hippogriff thing is completely out of left field, however. The "hippo" in hippogriff is from the Greek "hippos," which means horse. It's used in such words as hippopotamus (horse + river) and hippodrome (horse + racecourse). A hippogriff is a hybrid of a griffin/gryphon and a horse. Even though you're replacing the problematic "hippo" with "Hopi", I don't think it invokes quite the meaning you intend. (in other news omg I'll never forget etymologies class I feel like a nerd)

I'm really liking Kittihawk and Scratchet right now. Fisticub sounds a little off to me, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)