Tornadus @ Flight Gem
Ability: Prakster
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
-Tailwind
-Substitute
-Acrobatics
-Protect

Tornadus is the heart and soul of this team. It sets up Tailwind and can also deal some decent damage to opposing Pokemon. Its two other moves, Substitute and Protect, allow it to stall out Trick Room. Its EVs are pretty basic.

Krookodile @ Chople Berry/Dark Gem
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
-Crunch
-Roar
-Protect
-Earthquake

I have removed Bisharp so I have good coverage against Thunduruses and TR. Krookodile can take out the trash (TR setter) with Roar and deal a huge amount of damage if I decide to go with the Dark Gem as an equipped
item. I am also torn between Rock Slide and Earthquake on him because of Rock Slide's accuracy and Earthquake's usableness.

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide
-Taunt
-Protect

Haxorus is on this team to deal the damage. The nature and EVs are pretty obvious, along with the moves. I'm thinking about putting Taunt on him because it can stop TRs from setting up and can stop other gimmicks such as Thunder Wave and Spore. Life Orb is there to deal that little bit of extra damage.

Jellicent @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 100 Spd / 156 HP
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
-Water Spout
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Acid Armor/Protect

Jellicent can also deal some damage itself. It has 100 Spd EVs so it can outspeed everything that doesn't have a Scarf or in Tailwind in this metagame. I like Acid Armor on this because it can take care of any pesky Sucker Punchers such as Bisharp. Just get up a couple Acid Armors, take the SP, and the Sitrus Berry will do the rest of the work so you can spam another Water Spout.

Bisharp is not only good in Tailwind but also outside of it also. With 24 Speed EVs, it hits 93 speed to outspeed everything just like Jellicent. Focus Sash is really helpful to Revenge Kill some Terrakions and take the Mach Punch from the infamous Conkeldurr. Sucker Punch and Iron Head are obvious but I like Low Speed to help out against some Hydreigons that Haxorus cannot outspeed outside of Tailwind.

Substitute Leads

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Heat Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Imprison
-Trick Room

This is a pretty basic Imprison Chandelure but it can also work very well in Tailwind. I have a Focus Sash on it to Protect against Sucker Punches and other super effective attacks that Chandelure is weak to. Its EVs and moves are pretty self-explanatory.

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
Ability: Justified
EVs: 180 Atk / 252 Spd / 76 HP
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
-Rock Slide
-Close Combat
-Quick Guard
-Protect

Terrakion is very good in Tailwind and outside of it with its speed, HP, and attack. Rock Gem powers up his initial Rock Slide so he is almost sure to get a Super Effective OHKO. I have 76 EVs invested in HP so it can take Mach Punches and acrobatics well.

Thanks for reading and please rate!

Only problem is The terrakion beat up combo may work on some people, but many are expecting the beat up combo. You might want to plan to come out with a terrakion-counter-counter. Leftovers would probably be better than sitrus berry on Jellicent, and shadow ball will be resisted by many, many pokemon. Psychic on Jellicent could be a shock-factor to help with fighting types.

Psychic does sound like a good idea, but I lose against a lot of coverage against a lot of Ghost types in this metagame including other Jellicents. Do you have any ideas for the Terrakion situation? or anyone else?

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
nice team, ur back up pokemon switch in to basically all SE atks toward haxorus and tornadus. i jus have one suggestion. how about on jellicent you can use water gem, to add extra power to the 1st water spout, and just to be picky while you were talkin about jellicent's description you put 100 iv's.

I do like your idea about Water Gem, but with Water Gem I do not have enough coverage against Sucker Punches like Sitrus Berry does.

Yeah Taunt is very helpful and I will use it

Edit: I have decided to remove Bisharp from my team and replace him with Krookodile so I can handle TR teams for efficiently.

this is a great team really. however, i am kind of against tailwind ideas, as they last about 3 turns (i think it's 3-5) which is easily outstalled. but that's your decision, not mine. now for a few nitpicks:
tornadus would like Hammer Arm, I feel. It gets great coverage with Acrobatics and causes a ton of damage. It doesn't really matter too much about the speed drop because of Tailwind, and most of the time, you won't use it more than once per game, maybe twice. But it looks as though it could really help you cause some damage to Ferrothorn (God, I hate those things).
Haxorus should have Taunt. I know it's already been said, but really, you will need it. One of the backups/spares for my team has Taunt, and I could never deal with certain things without it (although it's not a Haxorus!).
I like Water Absorb Jellicent, especially with a Ground lead like Krook. You switch it in on a water move and you have a free switch ready to cause some damage with Water Spout. And Krook doesn't half like to attract water attacks.
Beat Up/Terra is a bit old. So many things stop it, including anything by the name of Mach Punch, as well as Rage Powder (something you will run into if you plan on attending your regionals), and of course let's not forget the number of SE attacks will OHKO each of them, and even some NFE ones.
Not all that important, but certainly worth considering.

Hope I helped!

Thanks for the advice. It is pretty obvious though that there is a Mach Puncher or Rage Powderer on the field of play though. Beat Up is merely just an option for this team especially when there are some great sweepers in the back. I am going to invest more HP into Terrakion so Mach Punches become less of a threat. And thanks for the rate.

Edit: and I dont think I am going to run Hammer Arm on Tornadus 1. Because it has a bad accuracy and it is really not worth it especially in Regionals and 2. It is hard to get on a Tornadus but that is really not an issue.

Thanks for the advice. It is pretty obvious though that there is a Mach Puncher or Rage Powderer on the field of play though. Beat Up is merely just an option for this team especially when there are some great sweepers in the back. I am going to invest more HP into Terrakion so Mach Punches become less of a threat. And thanks for the rate.

Edit: and I dont think I am going to run Hammer Arm on Tornadus 1. Because it has a bad accuracy and it is really not worth it especially in Regionals and 2. It is hard to get on a Tornadus but that is really not an issue.
If you want Terrakion to withstand more Mach Punches, invest in Def>HP.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
hmmm u dnt normally see krookodile run roar, but indeed interesting. now ur final slot shud go based on ur teams need. rock slide provides a SE on thundurus while eq hits hard on both gigalith and terrakion. i suggest you keep bisharp as back up and replace whismicott as the beat combo is not very effective. also on team preview you can basically tell your team is tw. so i suggest if your 100% sure your not fighting tr to keep your tornadus-haxorus lead. also terrakion goes well w/ tornadus as terrakion takes care of tornadus's weaknesses.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
your running tailwind so instead of dropping terrakion's atk ev's drop speed ev's because you still outspeed everything in tw.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not really a full rate per se, but obviously this team has served you well. I am just curious about your decision to use Haxorus over something like Hydreigon? Nonetheless this is a really cool team, good work.

I like Haxorus because it has the highest possible attack stat (Except for Conkeldurr's Guts) in this metagame and it is a great Pokemon with a lot of sweeping options. Also Hydreigon is weak to fighting as well which is really common in this metagame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)