CAP1 - Part 13.5b - (Pre-Evo Name Poll 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more time now!

The following three moved on from the last bold vote poll stage to this one. Let's keep going to see which of them these the community likes most! The surviving submissions are as follows:
Kittihawk
Scratchet
Fisticub
This is a bold vote poll, which means that you can vote for only one of the submissions. The lowest placing entry will be eliminated from this poll until a poll ends with one name having over 50% of the vote, at which point it will become PreCAP1's name!

• Do not bold any text other than your votes.
    The script we use to count the votes looks at bolded text, and ignores all other text. You can still write other non-bolded things in your post, but don't bold them or it will mess up your vote.
  • You may vote for only one entry.
  • Spell the name exactly as it is spelled above.
    It is not case sensitive, but please remember that your vote will not count unless it is the name is spelled correctly.
I've included the name posts below in the order they placed in the first poll. This is so you can read about etymology and other comments the author's thought fit to put in their final submissions.

Good luck!
Final Submission

Kittihawk

In support of this name. Some background:

Aside from being Kitty+Hawk and following Tomohawk's naming scheme, Kittihawk also has some history behind it. Kitty Hawk, North Carolina was where the Wright brothers first took flight. This fits perfectly with the concept of a grounded pokemon learning to fly, and even if the reference is lost to some, the name still fits.
Final Submission

Scratchet

Etymology: Scratch + Hatchet
Scratchet is a portmanteau of scratch, which is something that both sounds immature and PreCAP1 looks like it'd do a lot of, and hatchet, which keeps it totally in line with its evolution, Tomohawk. I really wanted to keep with the axe theme for the Pokemon to give it a tribal feeling, but I also really wanted a name that clearly indicated immaturity and a bit of scrappiness. I think that Scratchet really comes together to accomplish all of those things in one adorable package.

...and for those of you curious, the name stage is the only stage where the ATL can submit!
Final Submission
Fisticub
(fisticuffs + cub)
Pretty self-explanatory, really. It's a cub and it fights.

EDIT: 500th post! I would like to thank someone for this, but it's really my own doing, so...here's to 500+ more!
Here's our pre-evo so far:
Main Design

Supporting Material

Side-on pose showing spots and egg shaped body.

This Tomohawk prevo concept is a little cub with a protective fluffy egg body. The ruffles around its face show the beginnings of the feather-like fur that Tomohawk uses for flight after it evolves. Its wide, flat, oversized arms hint at wings. Tomohawk's purple markings are foreshadowed in the purple spots on cub-hawk's egg body.
Typing: Normal / Fighting
Base Stats: 55 HP / 85 Atk / 80 Def / 20 SpA / 70 SpD / 40 Spe
Abilities: Scrappy / Prankster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)