5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

1) Inconsistent.

2) Very inconsistent. There are hundreds of dust particles on the screen and each one affects the RNG.

You should not be trying to use the movements of NPCs\weather to control the RNG. At all.
All right. I wasn't using them to advance, I am very well aware that you shouldn't use them to do that, I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it. I was RNGing a Sigilyph from Desert Resort the other day, and was simply wondering if there was any information that might help me involving those. I got my Sigilyph after a little while, so this isn't too important at this point. Just a random question. :/

Im using the non c-gear RNG for breeding...my only problem is how to change the ability of the pokemon - i always get the same result - right IV's, nature but the ability is wrong....example - Adamant timburr but the ability is always sheerforce....thanks in advance :)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
All right. I wasn't using them to advance, I am very well aware that you shouldn't use them to do that, I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it. I was RNGing a Sigilyph from Desert Resort the other day, and was simply wondering if there was any information that might help me involving those. I got my Sigilyph after a little while, so this isn't too important at this point. Just a random question. :/
I do believe we'll have an effective method of RNGing in areas with weather once I've done more research into how the pitch of Chatot calls is affected by the RNG, so we can use them like HGSS' Elm calls. But they're a very low priority at the moment, as I am preparing for the VGC tournaments, and at the same time finishing up projects for graduation.

The one feature that will make it out before the end of the month is a 5th Gen Shiny Egg searcher. When trying to do it myself I realized it wasn't as easy to do as I led myself to believe. Not all shiny Gift Pokemon frames can translate into shiny egg frames, so I need to make a search specifically for that.

Im using the non c-gear RNG for breeding...my only problem is how to change the ability of the pokemon - i always get the same result - right IV's, nature but the ability is wrong....example - Adamant timburr but the ability is always sheerforce....thanks in advance :)
If you're breeding blind and just using an everstone for the nature, you're going to have to keep trying, or you can learn how to control the PIDRNG. You should go read Kaphotics' guide on the first page, then.

What does the '!!! Frm' in the Standard Seed Searcher window of PPRNG mean? Values starting appearing there for the first time when I checked the 'Shiny Only' box. I;ve never seen them otherwise before (I don;t search for shinies). Is this related to the shininess of a Pokemon?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What does the '!!! Frm' in the Standard Seed Searcher window of PPRNG mean? Values starting appearing there for the first time when I checked the 'Shiny Only' box. I;ve never seen them otherwise before (I don;t search for shinies). Is this related to the shininess of a Pokemon?
It's following the RNG Reporter convention for showing shininess. It has a Shiny column that's "!!!" if it's shiny, and blank if it isn't.

oi, say I have an awesome seed that gives me 31/31/31/31/31/31 Lax shiny wild Pokemon. Can I use a synchronizer and still get a shiny?

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
oi, say I have an awesome seed that gives me 31/31/31/31/31/31 Lax shiny wild Pokemon. Can I use a synchronizer and still get a shiny?
It depends on whether its a synch frame or not. Plug the seed into the main window of RNGReporter, plug in your TID and SID and click shiny only Change the synch nature to your nature and see if it changes the Lax Nature.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Don't want to hog up space so I got rid of my image
http://oi53.tinypic.com/a0as6t.jpg
Anyone know what is going on???
You have set a very specific set of parameters, so it is not surprising that you get no results. You'd be better off leaving the nature set to 'Any' and looking for a synchable shiny (you'll have to sort through the results -- it's not a filter setting at the moment), as well as looking for 3-button combos.

What's the value under it? Is it the PID Frame?
It is the PID frame for a wild shiny encounter.

And please don't bump your own post after only 5 posts and less than an hour has passed, even if the page has rolled over. Maybe you don't read posts on previous pages, but other people do.

Seed: 340263AE82527FF2
Pokemon: Tynamo with HP Ice
Nature: Rash
I'm starting off at PID Frame 53, and at 121 there's a Rash nature with an ESV of 9 which is where Tynamo should be at BF2 of Chargestone Cave, but all I'm finding are Lax Ferroseeds lv 26 of the same IV spread. Advice?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Seed: 340263AE82527FF2
Pokemon: Tynamo with HP Ice
Nature: Rash
I'm starting off at PID Frame 53, and at 121 there's a Rash nature with an ESV of 9 which is where Tynamo should be at BF2 of Chargestone Cave, but all I'm finding are Lax Ferroseeds lv 26 of the same IV spread. Advice?
More details, please. Like how you are doing your advancements.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Right sorry. I'm just turning in place, as I subtracted Frame 53 from Frame 121 and divided by two, as turning in place advances frame by two.

If anything else is needed I'll edit this.
It looks like you keep overshooting your frame and hitting frame 157 or 165. Those are the only nearby frames that have a Lax nature plus an encounter slot that gives Ferroseed.

I've always found turning to be iffy for advancements when trying with a DS. Chatot calls really are the way to go.

It looks like you keep overshooting your frame and hitting frame 157 or 165. Those are the only nearby frames that have a Lax nature plus an encounter slot that gives Ferroseed.

I've always found turning to be iffy for advancements when trying with a DS. Chatot calls really are the way to go.
I don't have a Chatot just yet, and I don't get how they work but I'll figure it out. Also I think another trainer who is running is effecting my results.

Is PIDRNG still not working for C-Gear seeds? I've been trying to sweet scent for a Quiet Solosis, but I'm getting Mincinno instead with the IV spread and nature I want.

30/31/30/30/30/0 Frame 1 Seed: 33626CBA
Mac Address: 4E-65-E1
Place: Route 5

Is there a way to "subract" PID Frames? For example, I have a spread that is on PID Frame 44, but when I load the game I start at PID Frame 47.

Also, what is the most accurte/easiest way to hit a PID Frame above like 200?
Sorry for bumping. Usually I will bump like that if a new page rolls over. :)

Can't reverse the PID Frame. Looks like you'll have to find another spread.

For all PID advancements, I'd use a Chatot. Much quicker than saving, and they seem to be pretty reliable if you keep track of where you are.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I don't have a Chatot just yet, and I don't get how they work but I'll figure it out. Also I think another trainer who is running is affecting my results.
I can loan you mine to breed you own. It's basically a direct substitute for saving. I.e. 1 save = Hearing a "custom" Chatot cry. Just select Chatot and click summary.

If you have two Chatot with a Chatter recording you can just switch back and forth between their summaries and advance the frame very quickly that way. Convenient for when trying to hit high PID frames.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)