5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I got stuck with 5th gen shiny breeding.

My Seed: A15E3D7A8B33C5C3
ID: 43177 SID: 14797
Seed IV's are 7/31/5/31/31/31
The Gender Ratio of my Pokémon is 50%

On PID frame 84 is Shiny, with Fe/Fe/Ma/x/x/x, according to my seed it will be Fe/Fe/Ma/31/31/31. To find my starting frame, I put both parents in the Day Care without an Everstone. Then, I got these:

Female, Adamant 7/31/31/31/31/31 DW ability
Female, Modest 7/31/31/31/31/31 DW ability 1x Chatter
Female, Adamant 7/31/31/31/31/31 DW ability 2x Chatter

I really cannot find my starting frame, who can help me? Any other info I should give?

Edit:
Female parent: 31/31/30/31/31/31
Male parent: 31/31/31/31/31/31

So, when I got to the shiny PID frame @ 84, it should be flawless.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well, I did, my target is 35, and I hit 36 the first time. So I set my timer target seconds to 34, and then I didn't even hit an adjacent, but I'll try again, thanks :)
Well, actually.. Just like in 4th gen, it seems that if you hit a minute early, it looks like a second late. That could be your problem. Make sure you have that right.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I've noticed a bug about saving the spreads on Excel:

After saving the lists of spreads in Excel, there will be a time I need to copy and paste the full seed of a particular spread...
But when I paste it to the main window of RNG Reporter, it seems that the last hex character is missing, and there's a space before the first hex character.
For example, when I copy ABCDEF0123456789 from Excel, it shows up as _ABCDEF012345678 when I paste it on the main window of RNG Rep.
(And before A is only a space)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've noticed a bug about saving the spreads on Excel:

After saving the lists of spreads in Excel, there will be a time I need to copy and paste the full seed of a particular spread...
But when I paste it to the main window of RNG Reporter, it seems that the last hex character is missing, and there's a space before the first hex character.
For example, when I copy ABCDEF0123456789 from Excel, it shows up as _ABCDEF012345678 when I paste it on the main window of RNG Rep.
(And before A is only a space)
Looks like for now you'll have to select only the characters and avoid that initial space. Will be fixed next release.

For the Zoroark event, I heard that you can use a frame 1 seed, and take a step forward to trigger the event and RNG wouldn't mess up. Is that true?

Hi!

I really appreciate all the work you've done in making this information available to us. I frequent a few other forums, and I've run into people that are interested in RNG manipulation, but are a bit intimidated by the complexity and technical detail. To this point, I think it'd make sense to try to avoid front-loading any of the nitty-gritty parts of this process, so it looks a bit friendlier.

I took a stab at editing the first few sections for this goal, and you can see what I came up with here (if you download the file to your PC, you can use track changes to see my specific comments and revisions). I'd appreciate any feedback and would be interested to know if these kinds of edits would be useful and if I should keep working on it.

Thanks again!

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi!

I really appreciate all the work you've done in making this information available to us. I frequent a few other forums, and I've run into people that are interested in RNG manipulation, but are a bit intimidated by the complexity and technical detail. To this point, I think it'd make sense to try to avoid front-loading any of the nitty-gritty parts of this process, so it looks a bit friendlier.

I took a stab at editing the first few sections for this goal, and you can see what I came up with here (if you download the file to your PC, you can use track changes to see my specific comments and revisions). I'd appreciate any feedback and would be interested to know if these kinds of edits would be useful and if I should keep working on it.

Thanks again!
Thanks, will have a look.

Just FYI, we don't have any intention of leaving the guides as-is. It just so happens that me and most of the people working on them are trying to finish our degrees. We will be writing and updating guides so they are easy to understand and worthy of going on-site.

Hey guys, (bearsfan092drums in particular) :

I've been watching your video,
Pokemon Black and White RNG Abuse: Standard ( aka non C Gear) Abuse for Legends/Wild Pokemon PART 1

and I'm following all the steps exactly as you show, but when I click the "search" button in the DS Parameter Finder, I don't get a result. This is my process:

1. set DS clock to 2:11
2. start game at 2:11:25, don't press anything until "gamefreak" screen
3. already in the victory road cave you're in (except rival is there too)
4. sweet scent, catch pokemon, check IVs
5. plug in precise IVs into DS Parameter finder, plug in mac address, ect
6. search starts, but then no result

Any possible diagnoses on this?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Hey guys, (bearsfan092drums in particular) :

I've been watching your video,
Pokemon Black and White RNG Abuse: Standard ( aka non C Gear) Abuse for Legends/Wild Pokemon PART 1

and I'm following all the steps exactly as you show, but when I click the "search" button in the DS Parameter Finder, I don't get a result. This is my process:

1. set DS clock to 2:11
2. start game at 2:11:25, don't press anything until "gamefreak" screen
3. already in the victory road cave you're in (except rival is there too)
4. sweet scent, catch pokemon, check IVs
5. plug in precise IVs into DS Parameter finder, plug in mac address, ect
6. search starts, but then no result

Any possible diagnoses on this?
You should post a screenshot. Also let us know if you're using a retail cart or flashcart.

@JRT: Assuming you're talking about IVRNG frame 1, no it will not mess up.

I wanna breed a shiny Petilil

Seed: 5fb1edc2824d5a0a
Time:7:27:50
Date: 1/26/2015
Keypress: None
TID: 00145 SID: 31592
Inheritance: Ma/x/Fe/x/x/Ma
IV spread: 26/31/30/30/17/30

Parents:
Mild Ditto: 31/30/31/30/31/30
Timid Petilil: 31/4/11/30/20/30

The original nature was Impish, but changed to Timid when I changed the everstone choice. Does this mean I can use the everstone to hatch a timid shiny petilil?

Something unusual, if I'm supposed to get e.g. 15 spec attack, I end up getting those ivs in the stat to the left of it. This has happened a few times before.
Weird eh?

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I use a Supercard DSTWO when it comes to flashcart RNGing as reccomended by Bond697 and it works brilliantly. Last I recall a few other flashcarts can't have their parameters searched because they affect how the parameters are generated while the game's being loaded, but I can't be sure so don't quote me on that :x

I have been getting ready to RNG Thundurus and in doing so have read pretty much half of the posts in this thread. I think I have most of it down including the PID%6 technique which I am going to find VERY useful.

The only question I have left is about how the weather advances the PID and the timing on when the advancement stops. I know what rain and snow do. However in my game, the date that my seed comes on has hail. Is hail treated as rain, snow, or is it entirely different from both?
I didn't see anything related to PID advancement as it relates to hail when I was browsing the this thread. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Also, does the PID advancement stop when the roamer swoops down in front of you and does its cry or does it stop after the roamer flies away and the storm that it creates stops? I just need to get the timing down in order to have a better chance at success here.
As another note, I also had to RNG my thundurus in hail yesterday and my starting PIDs after mashing through the text were around 600, so maybe start looking there. Good luck C:

I use a Supercard DSTWO when it comes to flashcart RNGing as reccomended by Bond697 and it works brilliantly. Last I recall a few other flashcarts can't have their parameters searched because they affect how the parameters are generated while the game's being loaded, but I can't be sure so don't quote me on that :x
I know that stands true for CycloDS, which is my flashcard, but I would like to know if anyone have any information regarding Acekard 2, running latest Akaio Firmware. I was not able to find anything, but I might've been searching on a range that wasn't wide enough.

Alright, I'm thinkin' 'bout goin' with the same seed I used for Vicitini with Zoroark (seein' how HP Ice is best for it), is the process the exact same with Vicitini? I'm sure I have to have Repel in linger, correct?

When the character automatically walks (when the event activates), do those count towards my 128 steps? Also, the patch of tall grasses won't advance the frame and mess up my steps, correct?
Quoting for new page. Hope someone can answer :D

So, I found a shiny spread: Frame 210/Nearest shiny: 233; Encounter Slot 0; Nature Sassy; Ability 1;31's across.

What does all of this mean? (just for argument sake)

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
So, I found a shiny spread: Frame 210/Nearest shiny: 233; Encounter Slot 0; Nature Sassy; Ability 1;31's across.

What does all of this mean? (just for argument sake)
If the IV Frame is 210, you probably won't be able to hit that shiny PID on 233. Walking steps even in an area with no wild Pokemon and NPCs potentially advances the PIDRNG by a few every 17-20 steps. I would really try to search for a lower IV framed shiny spread if this is your first time RNGing for a wild shiny - try to look for one on Frame 1 especially. That way you don't need to advance your IV frames and can focus on understanding how to manipulate the PIDRNG first.

The Encounter Slot means that every Pokemon you encounter on any map with that shiny PID will be on the Encounter Slot 0 for that map.

White Encounter Slot chart:
www.eggmove.com/encounterwhite.html

Reads 0 to 11 starting from the left. So if you're RNGing with that shiny PID in Relic Castle (1F-B1F), you would always get a shiny Sandile at level 19.

OD EDIT: Edited the link to go to the updated, less-confusing encounter table.

If the IV Frame is 210...
Well, my (Kyrurem) would be interesting to be my 1st shiny, but I do remember being told that I'd have to do a crapload of steps.
So, even Repels won't help, right? I could walk 250 steps to wait till the effect wears off, right?
But, I do have my Min Frame at 1 and Max at 300.

Synchronizers won't work with roaming Pokemon.
You generated that seed in the Time Finder using Encounter Type: Roaming Pokemon, right? It's best to save inside the house after talking to the old lady, do your IV frame advancements inside with the right number of Pokemon in your party, and then step out to encounter it. Have you manipulated PIDs for the natures you've wanted before?
Thank you for the reply, I have PID manipulated before, I just thought the process was different. Thank you!

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
Well, my (Kyrurem) would be interesting to be my 1st shiny, but I do remember being told that I'd have to do a crapload of steps.
So, even Repels won't help, right? I could walk 250 steps to wait till the effect wears off, right?
But, I do have my Min Frame at 1 and Max at 300.
No, repels won't work to prevent those PID advancements while walking. And I would lower your Max frame in the future. Since you have to also subtract one for the Initial Frame from your target IV Frame, 210 would become 209, and the only way to advance for that without needing to use PC box drops to prevent NPC interference is by doing 209 x 128 = 26,752 steps with one Pokemon in your party. And even 26,752 steps all done with Repels will advance your PIDRNG by at least 2x that amount. (52k + PID advancements since you're doing it in Kyurem's cave, which has wild Pokemon)

Choose a lower IV frame shiny spread that you can advance with a full party of Pokemon. The PID frame must be at least 2.5 x the number of steps you have to do for the IVs.

Thank you for the reply, I have PID manipulated before, I just thought the process was different. Thank you!
No problem, good luck C: I just asked because I was going to say that even with the same PID advancements inside the house you might end up having to try several times to hit the same PID after the weather effects outside since the weather is crazy :/

[edit] Oh cool *_* I didn't know there was an updated ESV chart, thanks OD. /bookmark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)