Smogon's VGC 2011 Tournament Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity post! :D

Also, I had problems with PO and couldn't start my battle with Atlas done! I am ready now though, just waiting for Atlas to respond!

Activity post, I guess

lucariojr. and I have been in contact with each other and played our first game of the match, which I won due to a first-turn flinch (although I can't say for sure who would have won if I hadn't flinched him). He left immediately afterwards before I could say anything about the second round. This was during easter weekend, which is why I assume he left for a family event. When I asked him about it later he seemed pretty indifferent about the loss and reluctant to play again. Unfortuantely I was very busy irl this week and didn't get to contacting him again until yesterday. However, he has not been on since the 26th of April. I'd prefer it if at all possible to wait until he contacts me again before a decision is made, but I'm not too sure if he can do it reasonably close to the deadline, and I'd just hate for it to end like this.

I have been real busy lately and am still editing my team(which is why I didn't submit it yet). But my oppenent, Goldeeneye, hasn't been active for a week. And his first post was entering this tournament.

I beat Atlas in best 2 of 3...it was tough, but I won in the end. My hats off to such a mighty opponent!

Do I need to submit any logs or anything?

my opponent hasn't logged on for a week. i don't think we'll make this battle, seeing as i'll be busy all of may first. even if he does reply, i won't be able to battle him.

but--haven't gotten a vm/pm, he hasn't submitted his team, and the last time he logged on was the 24th. i don't know what to do with that.

I'm in the same boat as Snunch, waiting on my opponent to respond...

EDIT: He CAN'T accept the message because his message box is full. >_> I contacted him 4 days ago and no response...
I was the first to contact regarding the tournament via VM, but as this user responded on his own profile, no notification of his response was sent to me and I was under the impression that he had not responded. I made my PM box full deliberately to avoid the amount of spam I received as a result of having had a half decent thread in the wifi forum, and regardless, a VM on my user profile would have been good enough.
I will try to get the battle done, but this user has not logged in since the 28th of April.

Activity post: My opponent, Matty, hasn't been on for the last 2 days. I posted my whole schedule for today and tomorrow for him.

I won both matches against The_Roc_Doc. There was a bunch of scheduling issues before our match, but we got it together and completed it. GGs all around indeed as the matches came pretty close.

I'm still looking for ScizorMeTimbers even today... He PM me 2 times but I never see him on the Smogon serveur.

Sorry, been pretty busy so I'll have to drop from this tournament. Sorry Ninahaza, we shall do battle next time!

... by which you mean coinflip? It sounds like you're both pathetically unavailable, considering you didn't even contact him until the 28th, he is going to be available for as many days as you (2 each), and you, unlike him, didn't submit a team before your period of availability ended. He has submitted a team.

(not trying to be a backseat tournament director, I'm just annoyed at what this guy is implying)
i'm not implying anything, other than that we didn't get our match done, and it was both of our faults. i openly stated that i hadn't realized smogon was back up, and thus, i have no problem with him getting the activity win.

while i appreciate your concern in trying to get the tournament moving along, i think you should know that more veteran members do not take well to getting scolded by new users with 8 posts. it's certainly not going to earn you many friends around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)