[Standard] NOC Desktop Dungeons Mafia GAME OVER

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's a day 1 lynch. I was just saying what a normal villager would say. Sorry if I'm wrong for the lynch as I'm just following my FoS. If we're right, the hooray.

I'm also a new player, and this is my first mafia game on a forum, so I'm trying to tread carefully.

Btw, I find that a some of you are overthinking things. Analyzing harmless comments and reading between the lines will only get more of the village killed. That should only be done I believe when everyone you're playing with is experienced and can use their posts to manipulate the vote, convey something else, etc.

Unclesam, you look too pro-town. While lynching you is obviously a bad decision, I ask the cop (if there is one) to check on Unclesam tonight. If he's clear, we have a smart villager who can lead us on, if he turns out guilty, then, we get rid of a really smart player who's really good acting. He's obviously smart/experienced with mafia. Win/win either way.

As for my vote, Spiffy's lynch looks logical, but if the mod clears him, I don't think we should waste a lynch where everyone (will likely) bandwagon, thus, not giving us not much to work with after day 1.

Unvote

Unvoting for now, Galladiator looks to be in the same position as me, so I will wait a bit more for more FoSes.
I'm fine with an inspector checking me, although if possible it would be great for the BG to protect me this night as well so that we don't waste an inspection on a villager who dies the same night. Basically, the problem with broadcasting who we are inspecting is that the mafia can just kill that person easily enough and the village further loses information.

Now then, I propose that everyone in the game be required to post an analysis on every other player in the game based on posting thus far. This helps more than anything else in terms of associating who is more likely to be allied with who and will help the village immensely later on. I'll start it off (In order of player list):
-billymills: Acting essentially the same way he did in Peace NOC mafia. Basically, he is acting exactly like I would expect a smart villager to act like, but he is also good enough at mafia to be able to simulate this in a controlled environment such as an NOC mafia fairly easily (especially considering most of what he has been doing is starting rand lynches on j-man or detroitlolcat). I think he is village based on his behavior, but he is good enough at mafia that I honestly can't say what he is with any degree of certainty.

-Da Letter El: Dude, you are one of the most suspicious players in the game to me right now. Maybe you are just trolling, but a player as good as you should be helping lead discussions far more than you are (right now you have contributed essentially nothing other than an attempt to lynch Isaac). Suspicious and definitely worth calling out to see how he defends his seeming apathy.

-polelover44: I was really suspicious of you early on due to your complete trolling (just like DLE), but I guess I stopped being so suspicious when I realized you have been really idle lately. Essentially acting the same way as DLE except that I expect less from him, so I guess I'd just say that I'm not yet sure on him.

-Spiffy: For reasons I have already explained, I find him one of if not the single most suspicious player at the moment. No, it is not for anything he said, but for the fact that the host actually broke his own categorical rules to save him. No matter how many times the host covers his own and Spiffy's ass, I just don't buy there wasn't a hidden agenda there.

-Quagsires: As I have remarked before, he seems like a typical useful and smart villager. However, I wouldn't put it past a player of his caliber to be able to act like a good villager, so I guess I would put this into the billymills category: "I think he's village but I can't get a good reading on him yet".

-Fangren: Tried to no lynch, which an experienced player shouldn't have. Apart from that, argued for the village to essentially go into lockdown mode (which kills villages, as seen in the Lockdown games), which I also find suspicious. Either he is playing poorly or is mafia, so he should definitely defend himself some more so we can see how he explains his actions.

-Detroitlolcat: Well...he isn't the best at mafia, and he has been acting suspiciously. I honestly would guess he isn't mafia just because as we have seen in the past what usually happens in these games is that less intelligent or experienced villagers make asses of themselves while smarter villagers and mafia lynch them, and the sheer majority of the village would suggest to me that is what is happening in his case. Of course, it is also entirely possible he is mafia and has given himself away and that I am overestimating how poor he is; again, much of my suspiciousness level for any given player is based on how good I perceive that player relative to how pro-village that player is acting.

-Yeti: OK, either you are trolling or you are mafia. There just aren't any other explanations. Essentially you are like DLE except that you have never contributed anything at all (that I'm aware of). Quite frankly, I expected way more from you. I guess I'm not as suspicious of you as I am of some others purely because you haven't said anything incriminating (given you've said essentially nothing at all this isn't surprising), but I really need to hear more from you or I will start to assume you aren't with the village.

-masterful: Bandwagoned if I remember correctly, which may be due to his inexperience or may be due to his being mafia. Definitely worth pressuring more to see how he explains himself as he is quite possibly mafia.

-Ditto: Bandwagoned and has contributed almost nothing. Essentially has just defended himself. I find both of these highly mafia-like traits, and to boot he teamed with Galladiator and DLE to try to lead a wagon on Isaac. In short, highly suspicious.

-Fatecrashers: Not much from him in terms of actual contributions, which is a little surprising. I would really love to hear you expand on your ideas more in the thread, because if you are a villager they could be very helpful in finding mafia and if you are a mafia then I want you to talk more so you have more opportunities to slip up :D

-Groshi: Uh...nothing. Not a single thing as far as I am aware. Start posting before we just lynch you dude.

-Brammi: Hardly posted at all until recently, when he accused billymills for hardly any reason whatsoever. The spike in activity is odd and I would like that to be explained, as would I like the attack on someone who I think is likely to be village. That being said, he is against a no lynch so he is not entirely acting anti-village. Could go either way.

-J-Man: Dude...I would tell you to contribute more but I doubt it would help much. I just can't really read this dude because I think if he were village inspector there is a 50% chance he would admit to being a member of the mafia under questioning and and so if he is a mafia there is a 50% chance I wouldn't believe him even if he admitted it...not sure how to judge someone like this.

-rickheg: That he is voting Spiffy shows me that he is probably not mafia, another reason to lynch Spiffy is that if Spiffy turns village we will learn a lot about rickheg as well. Not that I think Spiffy is village, just saying that I think we can assume that rickheg is probably not on Spiffy's team.

-HSA: Wavering, indecisive, and not contributing much at all. Post more and defend your lack of activity please.

-Galladiator: Ya...this guy screams mafia more than anyone else except possibly Spiffy. He gets desperate as soon as people start talking to him, he is oddly hyperactive and hyperinterested for a first-timer...he just screams anti-village to me for so many reasons. I would gladly lynch him this day.

-UncleSam: I know I'm a villager, but I won't bothering justifying it here; I'll let the rest of you decide what I am based on what I say and what I uncover.

-Acklow: Hasn't posted much, hasn't contributed much, but this is exactly what I would expect from him to be quite honest. My gut says villager, but he really hasn't been active enough to say with much certainty what he is, and his general apathy for getting a discussion going is troubling. Please defend these points.

-Isaac 2.0: If I recall correctly he was rolled by Galladiator, DLE, and Ditto, which in my book makes him pretty clean. That being said, DLE's point wasn't entirely irrelevant (about his apologizing for a vote), it just seemed more of an excuse to start a wagon than anything. He seems to be responding to most things fairly logically, so I really can't tell what he is as of yet. He could well be a villager that the mafia is trying to frame, or he could be a mafia who has given himself away a little bit and will continue to give himself away if we push him to defend himself.

Now then, these were very rushed, but I would like everyone to do something similar so we can see where everyone stands with reference to everyone else. It really will help the village in later days when/if things get tight.

Btw, I find that a some of you are overthinking things. Analyzing harmless comments and reading between the lines will only get more of the village killed. That should only be done I believe when everyone you're playing with is experienced and can use their posts to manipulate the vote, convey something else, etc.
Thank you.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
nitwit unclesam thinks people have hours on end to spend on a mafia game like he does

soz m8 i was @ the zoo today then just chillaxin doin other stuff

rather than try to instigate something myself i'm content to watch you all begin your own discussions and provide me with material to analyze, there's 6+ pages of lynch attempts already, obviously my input and other 'experienced players' who are playing it quiet isn't much of a missed factor

since we have a while to decide a lynch in, i will review the thread in more detail than i have read it in and post my thoughts tomorrow, once i complete my homework
cuz i mean, my grades > my mafia standing

i will say spiffy looks rather unconvincing in his arguments and i see no loss in lynching him, others need more looking in to

I'm fine with an inspector checking me, although if possible it would be great for the BG to protect me this night as well so that we don't waste an inspection on a villager who dies the same night.
Um...wouldn't it make more sense to have the BG protect the inspector, so that he/she won't die first night from a mafia randkill?

Yeti

dark saturday
that requires the bg knowing the inspector

which requires a public claim

i'm not sure if the mafia have a hooker i need to reread the op to see if they have roles beyond just killing

so i assume we can't bg+sg meaning the inspector is either hooked or killed, rendering him useless

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Sorry I haven't been online much. I've been trying to finish packing up my stuff before I move out of my dorm, not to mention there's a bunch of other RL stuff going on, that I haven't had the time to talk too much...I'll post my thoughts once I scour the thread once again.

Yeti

dark saturday
ok i don't think the op specifies whether the mafia have roles or just in-the-know numbers and a kill
i believe some mafiascum games have mafia with no additional actions (like fluo's) which is why i wondered, maybe i'm missing where it says

regardless, it is unwise for the inspector to claim at this point as we don't know what roles the mafia have and it is likely they can kill tonight, it's best for the inspector to get a result at the least and we see what sort of roles the mafia potentially have

Acklow

Hmmm...so Spiffy is being lynched just on the basis of him being Spiffy/host covering Spiffy's ass? Well, in all honesty, I'm okay with voting for him if there was a BIT more evidence that meant he wasn't village.

But since I'd be under fire just because I didn't vote for him, I'll switch my vote for him. UncleSam, the reason I'm switching my vote for him is because of your reasoning. HOWEVER, in the slightest chance that Spiffy truly is Village, I personally will be blaming you for the fact that he was killed. Not to mention that the last time someone started making lists of what they thought of the other players (i.e. Peace NOCed down Mafia), they were Mafia scum (i.e. FinnRagetti). This is going to be my only reasons for concern if this lynch goes bad.

Unvote
Vote Spiffy

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to post a few remarks about a few players. This is not a complete list at the moment, but I'll post a few more remarks later:

billymills: Not very suspicious. It's a copy of Peace NOC Mafia, just randlynching to get information for the town. For this reason, I suspect that he is a townie with a power role. However, since he's acting like he used to in Peace NOC he might be a mafia that's doing this again to drop suspicion. Suspicion rating: 3/10

Da Letter El: He hasn't been posting as much as expected, and only one of his two votes has been backed up by sound reasoning. He's too apathetic to make a really educated guess about, but he's still moderately suspicious from his apathy and random Brammi vote. Let billymills do the randlynching. Suspicion rating: 5/10

Spiffy: I'm almost positive he's not mafia. The host provided reasoning to why he wasn't lynched, and the reason he's being so targeted today is because people don't like him. Suspicion rating: 2/10

Galladiator: First timer acting inexperienced. He seems like either a townie or a wolf to me, but he seems to keep emphasizing his townie-ness to a crazy extent. Suspicion rating: 4/10, which means 40% chance of mafia in my opinion.

masterful: He bandwagoned his only post, and when he was called out for it, he just called everyone a noob. I only unvoted for him because someone else looked suspicious, but he needs to be examined somehow. Suspicion rating: 8/10

J-Man: He seems to be town. He was randlynched by billymills but seemed to handle it well. the fact that the town isn't stupid and he was able to clear his name says something, but you never know. Suspicion rating: 3/10

UncleSam: He seems to be crazily pro-town, in a kinda of "maybe too pro-town...". He's snapping at people left and right and his aggression against Spiffy and calling out the host for bias is incredibly suspicious. I'm pretty sure he's using the town's hatred of Spiffy to get a free lynch for the mafia, but there's a possibility that he's just in it for the town. Pretty suspicious. 7/10

Isaac 2.0: Really paranoid guy, honestly. I;m not sure if he's a mafia on the verge of being caught or a townie who's scared of the more experienced members. 5/10, on watch.

Here are my base assumptions of a few of the more prominent members of the game. I might post a few more later, but I need to see more people post suspicions.

Bottom line: UncleSam and MASTERFUL are my top two suspects.

Acklow

Also, I think that people may be overreacting about the inactivity of others, especially at this point in the year. Finals are going on left and right for lot's of people, not to mention summer is around the corner. So let's give people a little slack, why don't we?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
since unclesam was cool enough to give me a shoutout i guess i will go ahead and post my thoughts on the players in this game

billymills: still hasn't tried to lynch me yet :pirate: am i not good enough for you... 8/10

Da Letter El: i think dle is a pretty cool guy :pimp: makes good lynches and doesnt afraid of anything 7/10

polelover44: i ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti 5/10

Spiffy: spiffy 0/10

Quagsires: far from unaware 6/10

Fangren: no lynch is for gays and the french 3/10 :justin:

DetroitLolcat: get out...get out
1/10

Yeti : give me 48 hrs to review her actions i will get back to you 4/10

masterful: more like noobful amirite :nerd: huahuahua 4/10

Ditto: useless, only good for transforming into the preceding lynch vote 2/10

Fatecrashers: tries to cover up his scumminess with a bunch of irreverentOH FUCK 10/10

Groshi: his absence can be easily explained because he finally discovered what fapping is :toast: 1/10

Brammi: what. a. pro. 6/10

J-man: lol 1/10

rickheg: more neutral than vanilla-flavored beige wallpaper from switzerland 5/10

HSA: probably should stop speaking in tongues 3/10 :happybrain:

Galladiator: his posts contain a code that reveals the location of colonel sander's grave 4/10

UncleSam: all hail sam, oh sam can you seeeee, by the dawn's early liiiight 7/10

Acklow: this guy's a swinger :naughty: 6/10

Isaac 2.0: glitchy, i suggest upgrading to 3.0 soon 2/10

Fatecrashers, I hate that face.

Anyways, not voting. I have to read the thread first. I didn't think I would get picked... but anyways, thanks :3

EDIT: Also, your explanation is wrong :x

EDIT2: OMG DAMMIT, Sorry for editting, don't godkill me ;_;

UncleSam and everyone else who is voting me, if you think the host spared me because I am important to this game, then you need to look at it both ways. You can't just say "omg he was spared by the host he's mafia". If you continue to think that way, perhaps he saved me because I was "important to the village".

I am not claiming village power role, but UncleSam is too smart to just think I'm mafia and not even consider that the host saved me for other reasons.

UncleSam's thought process: "Hey the host didn't godkill Spiffy! Well, he's not on my mafia team, so he must be important to the village! Let me start a bandwagon on without even bringing up the possibility of Spiffy being village and hope that everyone follows it!

He also didn't respond to this:

Well if you think it has meaning maybe you should look at it from both sides of the spectrum.
So bottom line: UncleSam is mafia trying to bandwagon a "power role" for the village (in which he will be sadly mistaken) because he thinks that the host sparing me must mean I'm important.

If you don't understand please let me know.

fatecrashers sux

UncleSam and everyone else who is voting me, if you think the host spared me because I am important to this game, then you need to look at it both ways. You can't just say "omg he was spared by the host he's mafia". If you continue to think that way, perhaps he saved me because I was "important to the village".

I am not claiming village power role, but UncleSam is too smart to just think I'm mafia and not even consider that the host saved me for other reasons.

UncleSam's thought process: "Hey the host didn't godkill Spiffy! Well, he's not on my mafia team, so he must be important to the village! Let me start a bandwagon on without even bringing up the possibility of Spiffy being village and hope that everyone follows it!

So bottom line: UncleSam is mafia trying to bandwagon a "power role" for the village (in which he will be sadly mistaken) because he thinks that the host sparing me must mean I'm important.

If you don't understand please let me know.

fatecrashers sux
This.

Vote: UncleSam

Just to be clear for those of you that haven't been paying attention, this isn't bandwagoning; I have my own reasons for voting him.

And I probably won't change my vote this time.

@Detroit: Don't see how that's paranoia when you guys were the ones asking me to defend myself. That leads me to think you're trying to frame me. You're right on me being scared of the more experienced members though.
@everyone: My first vote for Galladiator was simply BWing. No real choice day 1, just letting the experienced/smart people lead.

inb4 that makes me look scummy and people lynch me.

All this analysis is really gonna be short, again, the experienced players are overanalyzing imo, this is a regular game filled with lots of first timers.

Thoughts on some people (no specific order):

This is all based on the assumption that uncle is highly likely village. Props to him if he's maf, cause he's one helluvan actor then.

Groshi: Also looks like an inexperienced first timer. Probably gonna get godkilled lol.
rickheg: Looks like an obvious townie to me.
Quagsires: @the other people who posted, couldn't have said it better myself.
Spiffy: What's with all the spiffy hate? Is he a game thrower/troll? Gonna analyze him when I get the answer to my question
Galladiator: After rechecking, he's probably town, but could me maf who slipped after voting NL after unclesam explained why.
polelover44: Foses on the people who said NL. I'm an idiot I guess for not reading thoroughly enough and NLing myself, sorry for that. :|
Acklow: Probably village, not that active.

Will do the rest tom. inb4 I get lynched because of what I said. :))

@UncleSam: I'm glad you think I'm experienced, though I'm really not that good with NOC games yet, as evidenced my by initial desire to NL. It's pretty much a combination of personality and bad habits leading to poor playing, aka inexperience. That's...pretty much all I've got to say for myself at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)