5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Updated RNG Reporter to 9.76. I bolded some features I think some of you will find interesting...

- Added: Button to calculate the Initial PIDRNG frame
- Added: Synchronizable frames now have bolded text in main window
- Added: Minor speed boost to Time Finder Standard\C-Gear Seed searches
- Added: Larvesta Egg encounter type
- Added: Researcher window expansion
- Added: Warning if you attempt to use the wrong seed for Method 5 PIDRNG
- Added: Users now allowed to enter 64-bit seeds for Method 5 (Standard Seeds)
- Fixed: Dream World ability calc fixed for breeding both with\without Everstone
- Fixed: Time Finder no longer disables nature\ability\encounter slot when searching Method 5 Standard
- Fixed: Removed spaces in CSV outputs
- Fixed: 64-bit seed no longer crashes Seed to Time

Please note that if you're in an area with NPCs, they'll advance the RNG and make your initial PIDRNG frame prediction inaccurate.
Thanks for the encounter slot button, really helpful for newbies like me :)

Thanks for the program update! Especially the Larvesta egg part. I really appreciate that.

I see a bug, though: When using the time finder, it has <= and >= mixed up. I get the opposite results whenever I use those (ie., <= will search for everything greater or equal to the number I use instead of less or equal).

Edit: I was able to hatch a shiny Larvesta egg using the previous seed and just one extra frame advance, so that's all working correctly now. Are you planning on adding the Larvesta egg option to the time finder at some point? Getting a good shiny one would be really difficult/time-consuming otherwise.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the program update! Especially the Larvesta egg part. I really appreciate that.

I see a bug, though: When using the time finder, it has <= and >= mixed up. I get the opposite results whenever I use those (ie., <= will search for everything greater or equal to the number I use instead of less or equal).
Yeah, it's a bug. Major enough for me to fix it with 9.77.

I'll check to see if the Larvesta egg encounter is working now, too. Are you planning on adding the Larvesta egg option to the time finder at some point? Getting a good shiny one would be really difficult/time-consuming otherwise.
Done in 9.77.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Trying to catch Landorus with a Frame 1 IV seed
I set the Encounter Type to Stationary Pokemon.
I see that it says my Initial Frame is 43 which means nature should be Timid with 0 advances, Bold with one, and Lonely with two.
I'm getting Bold with no advances, Mild with one, and Lax with two.

Are the NPCs that are off screen somehow ruining this? I can't even manually figure it what my starting frame is.
Yes they are

I noticed a peculiarity that I wanted to bring to attention, in case I'm not just mistaken somehow.

I IV RNG'd an Adamant Darumaka a few days ago at the Desert Resort using a fainted Adamant Synchronizer in the lead to get the right nature. I found out its PID (which is 6C95FD65) and I was curious to see which frame I had landed on. Using my initial Seed of DF0A0858534BCA59 I looked through the frame list with an Adamant Synch selected and found the PID on frame 330. All but one property reflected correctly on Darumaka- its nature. Both RNG Reporter 9.75 and 9.76 show that even with an Adamant Synchronizer, the nature should have been Bold for that frame. And yet it turned out to be Adamant, presumably due to my Synchronizer.

I'm thinking maybe the overworld sandstorm is behind this. If it's that or if I'm overlooking something else, please let me know.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I noticed a peculiarity that I wanted to bring to attention, in case I'm not just mistaken somehow.

I IV RNG'd an Adamant Darumaka a few days ago at the Desert Resort using a fainted Adamant Synchronizer in the lead to get the right nature. I found out its PID (which is 6C95FD65) and I was curious to see which frame I had landed on. Using my initial Seed of DF0A0858534BCA59 I looked through the frame list with an Adamant Synch selected and found the PID on frame 330. All but one property reflected correctly on Darumaka- its nature. Both RNG Reporter 9.75 and 9.76 show that even with an Adamant Synchronizer, the nature should have been Bold for that frame. And yet it turned out to be Adamant, presumably due to my Synchronizer.

I'm thinking maybe the overworld sandstorm is behind this. If it's that or if I'm overlooking something else, please let me know.
Will check it out sometime before 9.8 comes out. Thanks for the info.

p.s. everybody, if you haven't noticed I released 9.77 to fix the major bugs funeral_cake mentioned. And a few other minor ones.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Yes they are
In that case is there any way that I can RNG the PID? I found a shiny frame I wouldn't mind hitting.

From what I've looked at so far it appears that with 0 advances I'm consistently hitting 44 and then with 1 advance I hit 47 with 2 I hit 48, with 3 49 etc. So that might be all I have to worry about.

Will check it out sometime before 9.8 comes out. Thanks for the info.

p.s. everybody, if you haven't noticed I released 9.77 to fix the major bugs funeral_cake mentioned. And a few other minor ones.
No problem, and thanks to all of you for working so hard for our convenience!

I dunno if I'm doing something wrong but:

In the updated RNG reporter (thank you, btw), when I tried searching >=30 (Greater than or equal to 30, right?) on every stat, I'm getting thousands of spreads that are not supposed to be in that critieria.

Ie 4/6/7/10/20 etc etc

Doing this for the time finder search, method 5 standard, stationary pokes.

--

And second question: How can you effectively RNG a shiny stationary pokemon that is NOT on frame 1 (IV seed), or does that make the process complicated? Cause I read something that by walking around in a place with wild pokes advances the frame by 2 per step or something for the shiny frame, doesn't that go hand-in-hand with taking steps to advance your other frame for IVs? So doesn't it collide/fuck you up?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
I dunno if I'm doing something wrong but:

In the updated RNG reporter (thank you, btw), when I tried searching >=30 (Greater than or equal to 30, right?) on every stat, I'm getting thousands of spreads that are not supposed to be in that critieria.

Ie 4/6/7/10/20 etc etc

Doing this for the time finder search, method 5 standard, stationary pokes.

--

And second question: How can you effectively RNG a shiny stationary pokemon that is NOT on frame 1 (IV seed), or does that make the process complicated? Cause I read something that by walking around in a place with wild pokes advances the frame by 2 per step or something for the shiny frame, doesn't that go hand-in-hand with taking steps to advance your other frame for IVs? So doesn't it collide/fuck you up?
Download the latest, 9.77. If you downloaded it already... download it again.

Taking steps or turning advances the PIDRNG inconsistently and there's no real way to keep track of them. Sticking with a Frame 1 IV spread will save you a lot of headaches.

Hiya, the lovely RNG Reporter predicted my initial PIDRNG Frame as 51. In actuality, it was 52. I defeated both trainers, surveyed the area, and didn't save, so I don't believe anything else could have advanced it... (cave). Should I report this kind of error or is it something miniscule..? :o

using 9 7.6

Download the latest, 9.77. If you downloaded it already... download it again.

Taking steps or turning advances the PIDRNG inconsistently and there's no real way to keep track of them. Sticking with a Frame 1 IV spread will save you a lot of headaches.
Yeah sorry about that, when I clicked okay for the update it downloaded 9.76...for some reason.

Second part: While that's true, if you maintain a consistent route and using repels to help you keep track of how many steps you have taken, it shouldn't be too hard to keep track of your frame, right? Assuming you repeat the process to see your patterns of natures.

I saw that a Roamers iv set shifts to the right but I don't know visually how it works. Can someone give me a visual aid please? I just need to know how to make my ivs work so I can get a HP Ice Thundurus. I mean I know it says "shift to the right" but it also says Sp.Atk is switched with Speed.

It doesn't matter too much, since 9.77 revealed that this shiny frame didn't transfer the dream world ability after all, but if anyone can tell me what I was doing wrong anyway...

standard RNG breeding a DW vulpix using4E8179576DFD0291, target spread of 31/22/31/30/31/31, with parents Ma:31/31/x /31/x /x and Fe:31/31/31/31/31/x, using a timid everstone. Doing the chatters in the house and then holding left and mashing A to get the egg, then flying to victory road to compare to the IV frame 14 to see if I hit the seed.

The resulting egg after 1 chatter was a quiet female without dream world ability, which was obviously frame 54, as it was the only reasonable quiet frame.

So then I do 35 chatters to advance to the shiny frame on 89. But instead get a sassy female with the DW ability, whose IV inheritance suggest that it was probably frame 93

So to check, I go back and do another egg with only 2 chatters, and got a timid female without the dream ability with the IV spread 31/x/31/31/31/x, which would be a PID%6 of 1 or 2 (any chance of having a column with this value in a later version of RNG Reporter, btw?), which is probably frame 57.

Is there a way to recalibrate for the breeding frames advancing unevenly in the future? Or would I just have to find a different seed to use. Which I'm doing anyway, but still.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
I saw that a Roamers iv set shifts to the right but I don't know visually how it works. Can someone give me a visual aid please? I just need to know how to make my ivs work so I can get a HP Ice Thundurus. I mean I know it says "shift to the right" but it also says Sp.Atk is switched with Speed.
Set the Encounter Type to "Roaming Pokémon". That's all the brainwork you need to do, RNG Reporter takes care of the rest.

If you really want a visual, compare it with Wild Pokemon in the main window.

So to check, I go back and do another egg with only 2 chatters, and got a timid female without the dream ability with the IV spread 31/x/31/31/31/x, which would be a PID%6 of 1 or 2 (any chance of having a column with this value in a later version of RNG Reporter, btw?), which is probably frame 57.
This will be a feature in 9.8. Was gonna do it in 9.77, but I spent most of my time on debugging the Calculate Initial PIDRNG frame function.

Set the Encounter Type to "Roaming Pokémon". That's all the brainwork you need to do, RNG Reporter takes care of the rest.

If you really want a visual, compare it with Wild Pokemon in the main window.

Thanks i just wanted to visually know how the process worked for reference.

I was wondering how would one determine if the cave spot will wield a Pokemon or item? Doesn't have to do with the PID? If so, what do I have to look at specifically to know which will pop out?

So now that searching for this shiny Larvesta egg doesn't crash the program... it still doesn't give the correct results as far as shininess goes.

Search results in time finder.
Results in main window.

I verified that a male Timid Larvesta with the correct IVs hatched on frame 115, but as the main window results predicted, it wasn't shiny.

Does anyone know how the Swarm effects the encounter slot?
I think the Pokemon in slots 0 and 1 just get replaced by the swarm Pokemon.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
So now that searching for this shiny Larvesta egg doesn't crash the program... it still doesn't give the correct results as far as shininess goes.

Search results in time finder.
Results in main window.

I verified that a male Timid Larvesta with the correct IVs hatched on frame 115, but as the main window results predicted, it wasn't shiny.
I think that might be another issue unrelated to Larvesta Eggs. Try a different result.

EDIT: I was wrong, yes it is related to Larvesta Eggs. I've fixed it here.

Mmm, well, I'm getting the same kinds of off-results with any other seed I try. 25+ seeds still give me results somewhere in the thousands. I'm a little reluctant to try any of them in the game if the program does the same thing for each seed.

Edit: Did you upload a new one? I still get the old one in the link on the main page. Thanks again for doing this, by the way.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Hmmm...is it me or does the Timer0 fluctuation rate change in different ID/SID combos?
Because on my White cart, the fluctuation was quite minimal on my last ID/SID. But the fluctuation just increased on my next ID/SID (which I'm doing now).

Does the Timer0 fluctuation rate depends on the ID/SID, or depends on the desired seed no matter what our ID/SID are?
EDIT: Or does it vary depending on the KeyPress combos?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)