Osama Bin Laden Killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ok here's a pointer: every single joke has already been made, don't even try

Not really sure what to make of it all.

I suppose there were 3 options; kill him, take him hostage, do nothing.

It's a mercy that he was killed the more I think about it (imagine the amount of hostages taken in to demand an exchange). Although I disagree with violence on principle I think it's better to do something than nothing against terrorism. It does defeat that air of invincibility and eternity about him as a leader (the latest tapes have all had the same underlying taunt: "hey, I'm still alive lol". Although perhaps it's not idealistic, the world is probably a better place without him. It also raises important questions about Pakistan's security.

And the counter argument is what everyone else has been saying: it doesn't really achieve much. People have described him as the "head" of terrorism; he wasn't even that, he was the face. The brains and strategists behind the 9/11 attacks are still at large. Also, fighting murder with murder, being provoked by Al Qaeda's actions, the potential problems with Pakistani relations, the potential for retaliation by the terrorists.

The biggest problem I have with all of it is the fact that people are celebrating assassination. And the outdated american policy of fighting ideology with weapons. Even then, I think it's a step in the right direction.

ok here's a pointer: every single joke has already been made, don't even try
I don't know who you are talking to but if it is me, that was no joke. There is really much joy in my heart that the mighty bulwark that is the Coalition Forces has dealt this critical and important blow to the forces of terrorism.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
the summary of which is basically "okay so it's not justice, but it is revenge"

don't get me wrong, cool, he's dead, but don't parade it around as a victory symbolic of justice when all it has accomplished is make you feel good
I am not entirely sure what you think justice would be?

When a person is involved in the killings of thousands of people, it is a good thing this person dies. Killing him serves more purpose than just catharsis. There is some deterrent in the threat of death. Even if it means a person has to be more careful about who they let know where they are hiding, or whatever..

Have a nice day.

Good news, but this doesnt affect much in the long run.

ALTHOUGH, I can't wait to see what the COD series is gonna do with this, like what they did with the assassination of Castro in Black OPS

Also, look at these -_-, these arabs live in my neighborhood

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am not entirely sure what you think justice would be?

When a person is involved in the killings of thousands of people, it is a good thing this person dies. Killing him serves more purpose than just catharsis. There is some deterrent in the threat of death. Even if it means a person has to be more careful about who they let know where they are hiding, or whatever..

Have a nice day.
well death hardly deters people who crash themselves into buildings as acts of terrorism.

ALTHOUGH, I can't wait to see what the COD series is gonna do with this, like what they did with the assassination of Castro in Black OPS

Uhhh...
Way to cover up those names, man
They're gonna get trolled

This is a troll, for sure. lol

So I just found out that Pakistan was not informed of the attack on the compound and that it does indeed count as a serious breach of Pakistan's sovereignty. I had a feeling this news would come down the pipe as Osama was exceedingly close to a military academy in pakistan.

Matt and Trey REALLY called it with their movie, didn't they? Comin' again to save the mother fuckin' day.

bush tried and failed
clinton tried and failed
obama succeeded

just goes to show that if you want someone dead, hire a black guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)