Ultimate Karaoke Deathmatch [round 6]

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
congratz to Sevendeadlysins for winning round 5 with a nice cover of The Boys Are Back In Town- Thin Lizzy.

hipmonlee is unfortunately a little occupied with RNGing a perfect flawless caterpie, so i'm filling in for this round.
This is a karaoke competition. Pick a song that matches the theme for this round, record yourself singing it, upload it, and post the link here, and you are in the competition.

You can reserve songs, but! you must record within 1 week. Then, we vote. also don't sing a song someone else has reserved. That's just not nice, dood.
deadline: 17th of may

The theme for this round is:

Childhood morning cartoons/shows theme songs.

i am hoping with this theme a lot of people take part in this round because after all we all were kids at one point and we could not wait to wake up, turn the tv on and enjoy our favorite cartoons/shows. set your inner kid loose on some song :)
a few IMPORTANT rules:
l'll accept any morning show from sesame street, Arthur to the badass saturday morning cartoons like power rangers, captain planet, tmnt, etc.
i just ask that in your post you provide info like what season the theme is from because for this round's theme, more than 1 person could easily do the same show.

i'm also placing a limit to how many reservations you can make [2 at a time] for those too excited and cant make up thier minds.

whatever you pick has to have a lot of singing in it, atleast half the song [and i dont mean repeating the same word over and over]

this is not really a requirement but please try not to do something too old :).

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Imma grab Robotech (specifically the Japanese theme song for the original SDF Macross), probably Runner (the end song) because I can't find a karaoke version of the opening theme "Macross" anywhere :(

edit: also, how the fuck did my bad internet spoof get 3rd place last round !?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got WAY too excited about this.

Entry: Runner (Super Dimensional Fortress Macross)

You probably remember it as "ROBOTECH" from your Saturday morning cartoons (or Toonami on CT). Out of the 3 completely unrelated (and re-hashed) Robotech series, one arch was a dub/remake of the anime Super Dimensional Foretress Macross 超時空要塞マクロス, a classic anime the just succeeded the original Gundam anime (and was made by the same studio).

This was a big one for me as a kid. I'm just glad that I could grow up and find out that Rick Hunter and Lisa Hayes were actually Hikaru Ichijo and Misa Hayase, they're Japanese! lol Rick Fokker is still American though (and God, he is one awesome American-- fuck yeah!).

Original for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNx0aX_V08Q&feature=related

愛おぼえていますか? Do You Remember Love?

I got a bit excited and ended up doing a second song-- this is completely irrelevant to my entry. I just had to sing and hide this here :P

Do You Remember Love? is the theme song of the movie, "Super Dimensional Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?", one of the greatest pieces of animation I have ever watched. Read any review, and it will tell you DYRL is an classic film that ranks among the best in the history of Anime-- truly unfortunate that it lacks the fame of Gibly films, which I would frankly put it on par with. It's a historical/poetic summation of the entire Macross series in a 2 hour movie, with incredible art and animation that will blow viewers away despite it being drawn in traditional media almost 30 years ago!

A must see-- my singing will never compare to Minmay's though :P
Misa is the more awesome woman though :P

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, I'll do it. Since very few of the shows I watched had theme songs that would work for this round, I'll go ahead and do Sesame Street's theme.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Damnit, matt. I was SO going to do that one. I've never done one of these before, but I think I'll tentatively reserve the Darkwing Duck theme.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Damnit, matt. I was SO going to do that one. I've never done one of these before, but I think I'll tentatively reserve the Darkwing Duck theme.
If you want, you can do the Super Mario Brothers Super Show theme. I'm liking this Vegie Tales Themesong.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Unfortunately no Karaoke versions or decent piano scores. So here it is.

It's the theme tune from the gummibears.

The accent gets a little bit American at times.. Also I really fucked up the modulation while whistling the instrumental section..

Have a nice day.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

For those of you who don't know, Veggie Tales isn't really a "Saturday Morning Cartoon" like say, Angry Beavers, or Batman, or whatever. It's a series of CG movies, most short (around 30 minutes), though a few are full length, where little Vegetables teach children Bible Stories, etc. However, I'm sure it qualifies for this because they showed the short 30 min ones on Channel 24 on Saturday mornings way back when.

Also, if you didn't know, there's a long history of different bands covering their songs. Our band covered the Cheeseburger Song for a while. HERE'S the original theme song for reference.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
holy crap, i love it Mattj. the twist just fits the lyrics so well [especially seeing how one of the challenges for this round is karaoke tracks for the themes].
my favorite so far

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)