Battle Subway

I have two questions: First, if I threw a Soul Dew on a Lati@s and used it, would the Dew have any effect? Secondly, is there some way I can know which pokes certain trainers use? For example, if I saw Baker Marie (just throwin some name out there that I'm not sure belongs to an actual trainer) and she led with a Thundurus, is there some way I can know which of the 4 it is?

^ Not sure how you'd have a Soul Dew, it's not out yet.

As for the trainers, you'll just have to know which versions the trainer uses, check the stats on all of them, and then play it safe, especially in terms of speed.

Any pokemon holding Soul Dew are banned from participating in the Battle subway. The guy at the station says it.

Curretly running this rain dance team for doubles:

Kingdra (F) @ Lum Berry
Modest
252/0/0/252/0/4
Swift Swim

- Protect
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
Bold
252/0/252/0/4/0

- Protect
- Energy Ball
- Scald
- Rain Dance

They are winning most of the games by themselves, so I rarely need to switch in the back row. Until now, of course. I'm currently at 35 wins, so not that far, but legendaries pop up way more often now.
Thing is, my back row consists of two pokemon made for singles:

Scrafty (M) @ Rugged Helmet
Adamant
100/0/156/0/252/0
Shed Skin

- Bulk Up
- Payback
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Tail

Dragonite (F) @ Yache Berry
Adamant
4/252/0/0/0/252
Inner Focus

- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

IVs assume as good as max in the respective stats.
Now, I'll probably replace Scrafty with either Ludicolo or Kabutops. What I'm worried about is Kingdra's speed in rain. I wanted all the surviveability I could get while still hitting hard. But even in rain, I'm outsped by these pokemon:

258 - Manectric 4
250 - Entei 3
240 - Terrakion 2
231 - Garchomp 3
229 - Landorus 2
228 - Staraptor 2
228 - Typhlosion 3
225 - Pinsir 4
216 - Accelgor 1
216 - Accelgor 3
216 - Accelgor 4
211 - Charizard 3
211 - Electrode 3
211 - Electrode 4
211 - Heatran 4

I'm not really worried about any of them, really, expect for Garchomp 3. My Dragonite, of course, it worthless here as well. So now my question is, what would you put in the team to stop that damn Scarfchomp? I thought about using Scarfchomp as well, as it gives me an important Ground immunity, and as Garchomp 3 is Adamant, I can outspeed with a Jolly one without max Speed investment - if I wanted to, though, I could outspeed everything but Manectric 4, which really doesnt bother my at all.

Still I would find a hard time switching in. It's all about chance.
If I see a Garchomp, Kingdra protects. Now if Outrage hit Jellicent, it will, I haven't run the calcs, but I'm pretty positive, survive one Outrage. Now my Kingdra can't protect anymore - but the second turn it might as well hit again and faint my Jellicent. If I were to switch in Garchomp for either of them at any point, the Outrage might faint my own if I'm unlucky.
Even if I were to use a Garchomp with this exact spread: 104-0-252-0-0-152, which is the minimum Speed EVs I need to outspeed Garchomp 3, an Outrage would deal 94.9% - 111.2%...
Even if I were to switch in, I'd have to use Outrage to OHKO which might not even hit it... But:

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Naive (+Speed, - SpD)
0/188/0/172/0/152

- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Dragon Claw/Outrage

EV spread allows me to outspeed Garchomp 3 with Scarf and OHKO with Draco Meteor while still having decent physical power. I still can't survive switching in though.

Any ideas? The only option I seem to have is to sacrifice my Kingdra. :(

Edit: Or I just might take an Ice Shard Mamoswine, lol. Way easier to breed and survives an Outrage.

After being too annoyed by singles I'm currently tackling 2vs2 and I'm having good results with a sunny day team.

Ninetails @ focus sash
Drought
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Hypnosis
Protect

Typhlosion @ choice scarf
Blaze
Eruption
Heat wave
Extrasensory
Focus Blast

Salamence @ Life orb
Intimidate
Dragon claw
Earthquake
Rock slide
Dragon dance

Porygon-2 @ eviolite
Download
Tri attack
Thunderbolt / Charge beam
Ice beam
Recover

Ninetails and Typhlosion can usually cover things by themselves, but some pokemon are really annoying to them. Mostly fake out, but they seem to favor Ninetails, so I just protect with her while Typhlosion erupts.
Another pain in the behind is Aerodactyl, who threatens my starters, and Salamence with stone edge.
But worst of them all is Chandelure. I hate that thing so much!

The other 2 swap around all the time, and tbh I haven't found any 'wow' additions. I haven't trained any chlorophyl users so far. I suppose Venusaur would be good... I need to think those through I guess cause the team is really ground/rock weak atm.

At any rate, weather changing happens so rarely that sunny eruption is extremely powerful.

I've been having a lot of success with a sand abuser team, though the enemy sand match is a bit hard to win thanks to hax.

Lead Careful Tyranitar@Leftovers
255HP/ 255 SpDef
Crunch
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Thunderwave

Unless I am facing the mirror sand team, lead t-tar really screws them up with rocks and t-wave. The stab moves can mess up a lot of pokes, though I have to watch out for that stupid lead Marshstomp that cripples him. Specially defensive over the normal set means that in the sand, T-Tar is almost never OHKO'd by anything.

Physical Sweeper - Adament Exadrill @ Balloon
255 ATK/ 255 SPE
Swords Dance
X-Scisor
Rock Slide
Earthquake

After one dance its hard to stop this guy, though if you ever play online at all you already knew that. Balloon over life orb often gives me that precious extra turn of set up or a good switch in. I usally outrun the other guy in the mirror match, so I am guessing they don't have my IV's or EV's in speed.

Revenge Killer Timid Latios @ Choice specs
255SPA/255SPE

Surf
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor
Psychic

Good coverage, switch in, meteor, get out. Hits like a freaking truck on everything but blissey and ferrothorn.

So far I am undefeated, but I know at some point my streak will end (its been really close a few times, especially against the mixed mence and swampert teams)

I need some help for a sand double team, because my sunny day team keeps getting it's bum handed to them by aerodactyls and any flash fire pokemon at the 7th streak. :(

My leads will be T-tar and Excadrill
This, however, leaves me very exposed to
a. water
b. fighting
c. ground (in a way)
Furthermore, I need switchings against bug, steel, grass and fire.

So, my first thought was rotom fan as a switch-in for T-tar. Immune to ground, resistant against bug, grass, fighting, steel.

For Excadrill I was considering Gyarados or Lati@s.
My preferance goes to Latios for raw power, but it leaves my second team weak against ice -.-

Any opinions please?

When considering a streak, if you do super singles, where does that start you at? Or it is just considered hard mode?

@Morm to get to the Super Single, you need to "beat" the Single line. Super Single is indeed considered "hard mode". Same thing applies for Super Doubles.

@Morm to get to the Super Single, you need to "beat" the Single line. Super Single is indeed considered "hard mode". Same thing applies for Super Doubles.
Yes, Pokemon you'd see on, for example, Ingo's team are found in the Super Single Line, like Escavalier, instead of Purrloins and Pidoves. Personally, I find it MUCH better than the previous Frontiers for one reason and one reason only, when you lose, you don't have to start over battling those '1st-evolution' Pokemon, you can just go straight to Accelgor and the likes.

P.S. Super Singles Ingo is relatively easy to get to and beat, I've done it twice in a row. 30 BP is a nice reward for beating him.

im using
hydreigon-choice specs
252spA 252spe
draco meteor
flamethrower
u-turn
dark pulse

ferrothorn-rocky helmet
don't remember the evs(like max hp and then even defenses)
protect
leach seed
power whip
iron head(more pp and more consistent)

slowbro-leftovers
252hp 252 def
slack off
flamethrower
scald
psyschock

i've been doing pretty well but then i ran into a heatran on the 29 battle with earthpower/flashcannon/lavaplume/darkpulse and got destroyed. any advice on balancing my team out a little better to handle heatran?

i've been doing pretty well but then i ran into a heatran on the 29 battle with thunderbolt/flashcannon/lavaplume/darkpulse and got destroyed. any advice on balancing my team out a little better to handle heatran?
Heatran doesn't get Thunderbolt. I doubt it gets Dark Pulse, but I could be wrong.

Hydreigon is absolute Heatran bait without Surf. Otherwise, resisting fire and being immune to Earth Power makes him easy to beat. Slowbro should be able to tank him well, but Dark Pulse makes it worrisome. Something like Swampert is able to easily beat Heatran though; good bulk and water moves (should it somehow have a Balloon) make that easy to see why.

Heatran doesn't get Thunderbolt. I doubt it gets Dark Pulse, but I could be wrong.

Hydreigon is absolute Heatran bait without Surf. Otherwise, resisting fire and being immune to Earth Power makes him easy to beat. Slowbro should be able to tank him well, but Dark Pulse makes it worrisome. Something like Swampert is able to easily beat Heatran though; good bulk and water moves (should it somehow have a Balloon) make that easy to see why.
Heatran does indeed get Dark Pulse.

ya dark pulse 1 hit my slowbro. maybe i was wrong about the thunderbolt but regardless he destroyed me. what should i give up on hydreigon for surf? i have a latios that i could use also.

okay i have a question. how does garchomp outspeed my max speed latios? it wasn't scarfed(it used a different attack the next turn)

Had what was definitely my best run in B/W.

Salamence @ lum berry
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Substitute

Suicune @ leftovers
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest

Snorlax @ chesto berry
-Curse
-Body Slam
-Crunch
-Rest

The team played pretty much like this. Lead with Salamence. If the enemy sends out something that Salamecne doesn't fear (like Flareon), use Sub and hope for a status move. Then hopefully, DDance and the sweep will be imminent. If the opponent sent out a physical attacker, switch to Suicune and the intimidate + pressure + rest will stall out the pp for the 1 or 2 moves that actually hurt Cune. If they are going to use a physical grass or electric attack, then switch back to Mence for another intimidate and then start over. If it's a special threat, switch for Snorlax. Get a curse or 2 in, chesto rest off the damage and start the sweep.

My end came against Scientist Stubbs. His Druddigon beat Suicune w/ CB Outrage and then Medicham cleaned up with Life Orb and Psycho Cut on Salamence & HJK on Snorlax.

Had what was definitely my best run in B/W.

Salamence @ lum berry
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Substitute

Suicune @ leftovers
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest

Snorlax @ chesto berry
-Curse
-Body Slam
-Crunch
-Rest

The team played pretty much like this. Lead with Salamence. If the enemy sends out something that Salamecne doesn't fear (like Flareon), use Sub and hope for a status move. Then hopefully, DDance and the sweep will be imminent. If the opponent sent out a physical attacker, switch to Suicune and the intimidate + pressure + rest will stall out the pp for the 1 or 2 moves that actually hurt Cune. If they are going to use a physical grass or electric attack, then switch back to Mence for another intimidate and then start over. If it's a special threat, switch for Snorlax. Get a curse or 2 in, chesto rest off the damage and start the sweep.

My end came against Scientist Stubbs. His Druddigon beat Suicune w/ CB Outrage and then Medicham cleaned up with Life Orb and Psycho Cut on Salamence & HJK on Snorlax.
Is your Salamence Moxie? I seem to find Intimidate used more often than Moxie. I know about the useful -1 Attack, but after Outrage KO, the next hit just gets more powerful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)