My first Gen 5 OU RMT. Whoopee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Smogon people. This is the first RMT I've ever made. Anyway, I wanted to make a team based around Shell Smash Cloyster, and I went through many revisions until I came up with this. Here we go!

Heat Tram (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
Heatran is my lead. I usually set up Rocks with him on turn one, but if an opportunity presents itself I go in for a first-turn KO. He can also come back mid-to-late game and take a nice chunk out of the opposing team. HP Ice works great, when combined with people who don't notice the Air Balloon Gliscgor and Garchomp go down easy.

Kloyster (Cloyster) (M) @ King's Rock
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SAtk / 224 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Icicle Spear
- Surf
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
The base of the team! I usually try to bring him in with a sub from Celebi, but even without it he can start Smashing his Shell. With his ridiculous base 180 defense, he can even shrug off an Infernape's Mach Punch even after a few Shell Smashes. As anyone who's faced one can testify, once Cloyster gets set up he's quite hard to stop.

Polaris (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
I don't really have much to say. Starmie is my Rapid Spinner, Recover so it can Rapid Spin more, The other two to take advantage of Starmie's stats.

Dark Despair (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Icy Wind
I'm having trouble deciding between Genger and Alakazam for this slot. This is just a standard revenge killer/sweeper-ish set.

Serebii (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Leech Seed
- Psychic
Celebi serves the important purpose of setting up Substitute for Cloyster. Other than that, it's not too useful. I think I should replace Leech Seed for something, but I don't know what. Celebi can also switch in to take hits, but it can't really survive too long.

Muscleman (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 48 HP / 236 Atk / 224 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback
Conkeldurr does... Well, what most Conkeldurrs do. Punches T-Tar and Hydreigon in the face, Bulks Up so it can punch stuff in the face... You know, the usual stuff.

You could add more Hp evs to starmie in place of some Spatk evs, it really helps, and you only have two spatks which are usually aimed at pokemon who take double or quadruple damage from them.

Insert a trick and a focus blast on Gengar. He tends to run into TTar and Scizor a lot, so you should have something to cripple them before they pursuit you.

Trade in psykic on Celebii for protect so it can serve a purpose other than passing subs and effectively stall.

It might sound wierd, but protect instead of hidden power ice would work well on heatran. It blocks fake out, which would help with those pesky anti-leads.

On a final note, Trotsky is alive and Roopushin should be named Tyson.

RMT Rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.
Your descriptions are lacking, which puts you in violation of the rule above. Please elaborate more on each team member - about 3 or 4 solid sentences per member is a good goal to reach for. The RMT archive contains some examples of well-written RMTs. If you fix your descriptions, PM me with the updates and I'll be happy to unlock your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)