Cinccino

Or maybe GameFreak could be nice and bring in a whole new multi-hit Fighting-type attack in the 3rd installment in the 5th Gen. then again, why would they do something that made sense (cough cough give Snorlax Slack Off cough cough, but that's for a different discussion)?
That really couldn't work, since it wouldn't be written in B/W's code. And GF makes perfect sense, you know, because what makes more sense than a yellow mouse that can generate enough electricity in it's body to kill any average man that touches it?

And on a side note, Brick Break is just as strong as an un-Technician'd Arm Thrust.

I don't think it's that simple to say just an extra 5% damage--you also have to take into account that Skill Link is more reliable damage. Over time, yes, they'll be about the same, but on a case by case basis Technician is unreliable. I want to KNOW I'm gonna kill that opposing pokemon because I'll have a consistent BP move instead of gambling on whether I'm gonna smack it five times or only two then die because I couldn't finish it off.

Again, this thing shoulda got Arm Thrust. And Icicle Spear.
Yeah, I was looking at just the averages. Reliability, obviously, might be preferable to some.

However, do note that with technician, 3 hits (1/3rd of the time), deals a little less than skill link, while 4/5 hits (1/3rd combined) both out-damage Skill Link. Thus, you'll only really be losing out the last 1/3rd of the time, when you just get 2 hits.

Yeah, I was looking at just the averages. Reliability, obviously, might be preferable to some.

However, do note that with technician, 3 hits (1/3rd of the time), deals a little less than skill link, while 4/5 hits (1/3rd combined) both out-damage Skill Link. Thus, you'll only really be losing out the last 1/3rd of the time, when you just get 2 hits.
You'll forgive me if I don't find that terribly convincing. 66.7% of the time I'm going to be doing better damage with Skill Link only outdamaged 33.3% of the time, or, to put it another way, I have a 33.3% chance to get fucked when I'm using Technician whereas with Skill Link I have a 0% chance to get fucked (well, barring accuracy).

But perhaps I'm just jaded because my Escavalier kept taking fire attacks to the face in VGC because my Cinccino's Rock Blast only hit the opposing Chandelure or Volcarona twice.

You'll forgive me if I don't find that terribly convincing. 66.7% of the time I'm going to be doing better damage with Skill Link only outdamaged 33.3% of the time, or, to put it another way, I have a 33.3% chance to get fucked when I'm using Technician whereas with Skill Link I have a 0% chance to get fucked (well, barring accuracy).

But perhaps I'm just jaded because my Escavalier kept taking fire attacks to the face in VGC because my Cinccino's Rock Blast only hit the opposing Chandelure or Volcarona twice.
Well, of course, the damage output is better regardless with Skill Link. The actual reason you'd go for Technician is the 90BP Wake-up Slap for T-tar and whatnot, but I'm just saying you'll only really lose out in damage 1/3rd of the time.

Of course, you likely don't need Wake-Up Slap as much in a VGC environment.

Is tickle a viable option? To take some sting away and make Cincinno hit harder? I mean in single battles its probably better to hit and run, but perhaps doubles or triples for some support?

Cinccino is extremely underrated. I used one as my lead in EVERY DW OU team I made because it was just that helpful. King's Rock+Skill Link is so amazing it's not even funny- of course, you can't use it under hax clause, but I'm surprised by how little that's used.

Now that the DW ability has been released, I would like to bring up this Skill Link set.

Cinccino @ Choice Band
Jolly, Skill Link
Tail Slap
Bullet Seed
Rock Blast
Filler

A few tests I've been running:

Kills defensive Politoed, dead.
90% on 252 HP/0 Def. Tyranitar (any crits Tyrantar is dead)
85-90% on Offensive Multiscale Dragonite (any crits after Multiscale is broken Dragonite is dead)
Clean OHKO on Latios (no Stealh Rocks needed, and even outspeeds the Specs variant)

One video proof: 90-96664-55716 (done in a Double Battle Vacuum test essentially)

Well, it's going to hate Scizor and Ferrothorn obviously, but thought I'd bring it up for discussion. I'd like to see if anyone else has intentions of trying this in an OU or Nintendo environment. And if anyone's wondering, crits are not all that uncommon on the Skill Link sets, which are also a big help too.

-James

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You might as well have Aqua Tail for the filler attack: It hits most Steels for neutral damage and its power can be further boosted by Rain. Unfortunately, Cinccino is destroyed by Ferrothorn no matter what it does, outside of LO Technician HP Fire :p

Magnezone is a fantastic partner to Cinccino. The last slot should always be U-Turn imo, as it allows Cinccino to scout for Steels, and safely bring in Magnezone before Ferrothorn can annoy it with Thunder Wave or Scizor can kill it with U-Turn. Not only does Magnezone obviously take these two out, but also Skarmory and Bronzong. More offensive Steel-types such as Heatran and Lucario are bothersome however.

I loves in game Cincinno, I'll try to give him a chance in B2W2 metagame.

Jolly or Adamant ? With Jolly, what does he outspeed ?

115 speed ties with starmie and azelf and outspeeds all the genies (bar tornadus-t), gengar, lati twins, all the musketters, infernape and everything below. It loses to 2 points with scarftar, however.

Adamant 115 is 1 point faster than positive 100 speed nature and 1 lower that 101: landorus and thundurus-t, so it's better to go for a jolly nature.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I guess Jolly nature but reinvest a few of the EVs elsewhere, leaving just enough in Spe to stay above all the positive natured 110s.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kings rock seems ok, but without a band Cinccino lacks power. I like the idea of VoltTurn cores with Magnezone, that sounds really interesting.

lol, it's really too bad cinccino can't get technician AND skill link. That'd be boss.
I did some calc's, and I'm glad this doesn't exist.
CB Adamant Skill Link Cinccino at +1 (to simulate Technician) can do the following
-hits the average Ferrothorn for 38.35-45.45% with Tail Slap
-hits max HP Metagross for 44.23-51.92% with Tail Slap (possible 2HKO)
-Guaranteed 2HKO on anything less bulky than Specially Defensive Jirachi. Jirachi gets a minimum of 50% with Tail Slap. Jirachi resists Tail Slap.
-Anything less bulky than Celebi is immediately 0HKO'd.
We take it to Ubers and get the following calc's
-2HKO's on anything less bulky than CM Giratina-O
-Starts getting the chance to 0HKO anything less bulky than CB Zekrom
-Guaranteed to 0HKO anything less bulky than Scarf Zekrom

Game Freak was right not to hand out two abilities. That's just scary as fuck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)