The Hellsing Organization

Introduction //

It's been quite some time since I last posted a team on here, but I've just been having so much fun with this one that I wanted to share it with all you wonderful folks. I actually want to start working on a good rating, and I love this team so hopefully you'll all give me some good tips on fixing any flaws. That and it's 3 am, and apparently this is better than sleep. =P This is a Dream World team, and I mainly play on the PO server because I really dislike team reveal, as it kind of ruins the team. I dunno, you'll see for yourselves, just keep that in mind when offering advice. All the team members are named after characters from the anime Hellsing. I just finished re-watching it all the way through the other week, so it gave me a theme to go with. =P Anyway, that's enough of the introduction, nobody reads this shit anyway. On to the team! =D

Team Building Process //

Ok, so basically I wanted a team where Venomoth Baton Passes a Quiver Dance Boost or two to Nidoking, who then proceeds to shit all over the opponent's team. So the first two team members were easy to pick out; BP Venomoth and Sheer Force Nidoking.

Cool, so I had a win condition. They would need support to make it happen. I wanted stuff that can take hits, cripple threats, set up hazards, and to cover each other's weaknesses. The first one to come to mind was Ferrothorn. He can cripple, he can lay hazards, and he can take the Water and Psychic attacks aimed at Nidoking.

Alright, now there was a pretty clear weakness to Fire developing, so I had to take care of that. Let's see... Fire-resist, takes hits, cripples the opponent's team... ah hell, let's have it spiin-block too! The next member is a utility Jellicent.

I still had two Pokémon that were weak to Psychic, and no resists, however. I figured a Dark type would be a good move in this slot, since Jellicent and Ferrothorn could switch into Fighting and Bug attacks, respectively. After awhile, I decided on a specially defensive Tyranitar, since having a weather changer in this metagame is always nice, half my team was immune to Sandstorm at this point anyway.

At this point, I felt that the team was really starting to come together nicely. I was still lacking a good, solid lead to tie it all together though. Finally I thought of a lead that I'd wanted to try out for awhile, and oh boy do I like it. The final member of the team is Mienshao.

- The Hellsing Organization -

Mienshao (Walter) @

Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Naïve
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spe
Fake Out
Hi Jump Kick
U-turn
Hidden Power

Description:
Mienshao is a lead that I've absolutely fallen in love with since I've started using this team. I almost always begin the match with momentum in my favour due to Miensho's high base 105 speed, a +3 priority move, and U-turn. Fake Out is the perfect move on a lead, as it breaks all sorts of annoying things like Focus Sash, Sturdy, and Multiscale. Also, combined with Mienshao's high attack, it leaves a pretty nice dent in most things too. Hi Jump Kick is the basic STAB move of choice, with 130 BP and 90% accuracy, it puts the hurt on so many things. The recoil from missing is bad (and I tend to miss far more often than 90% suggests for some reason) but at least his ability helps with that a little. U-turn is the next move, which is awesome for scouting, since Mienshao is usually fast enough to pull it off before the opponent moves, so I can bring in something that would much better take the attack I predict to be aimed at Mienshao. Finally, Hidden Power Ice needs to be the last move. The number of people that switch Gliscor into the Fake Out in order to activate the Toxic Orb is obscene. Fake Out + HP Ice has KO'd every Gliscor that has switched into it that I've faced so far. I went with a Naïve nature because I wanted to boost speed without lowering either of the attacking stats, and then for EVs I just maxed attack and speed, and put the rest in special attack for Hidden Power. Life Orb is the item to give Mienshao's attacks a nice boost, and it combos nicely with its Regenerator ability, and U-turn.

Possible changes: Stone Edge is an option, but like... no. HP Ice is so much better. Unless there's a whole better lead for this team altogether, I think the set is flawless.

Tyranitar (Integra) @

Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
Pursuit
Crunch
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock

Description:
Tyranitar is one of my walls. She can eat up special attacks like nobody's business with this spread and Sand Stream to further boost her special defense. Pursuit is the key move here, as it allows me to put so many different threats into a checkmate position. Winning Pursuit mindgames is like getting a raise at work. You just feel good about yourself all day. Next up is Crunch, for a much stronger STAB Dark attack. Third I have Stone Edge for a Rock type STAB, but I hate this move so much. It always misses. It may as well read 'Stone Edge: Juice skips his turn'. I've been thinking about cutting it, but getting hits on stuff like Zapdos, the genies, Ninetales, etc is too good to pass up, I guess. And finally in the last slot I have Stealth Rock. It needed to go somewhere, and Tyranitar is generally bulky enough to get the rocks up without much of an issue. I chose a Careful nature to boost special defense, along with 252 EVs in that department. 252 in HP increase bulk even more, with the rest in attack. Leftovers for the item again helps its tanking ability.

Possible changes: I know that most Tyranitars are geared more towards attacking, but I really like BulkyTTar. If you can convince my why a more offensive one is better, go for it. Also, I'm considering Earthquake or Superpower in place of Stone Miss. Yes/no?

Ferrothorn (Pickman) @

Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
EVs: 252 HP/124 Def/132 SpD
Leech Seed
Spikes
Thunder Wave
Power Whip

Description:
Ferrothorn is my second wall/hazard layer/general annoyance. It's designed to be a mixed wall, and take hits well from both ends of the spectrum, assuming of course that they're not Fire or Fighting typed. Leech Seed is the first move on the set, and usually the first move I'll do. Even if my opponent switches, nothing likes switching into Leech Seed, and it's the only recovery Ferrothorn has. Next up is Spikes, which combined with Tyranitar's Stealth Rock, can make it very annoying for my opponent if that want to switch out of Leech Seed. Thunder Wave is third up, paralyzing speedy Scarfers and Swift Swimmers (Drizzle + Swift Swim isn't banned on the PO server). Lastly, Power Whip rounds out the set giving Ferrothorn at least one offensive move so that Taunt doesn't completely ruin it, as well as dealing nice damage to stuff like Politoed and Quagsire. I maxed the HP EVs, and split the rest between defense and special defense with a Careful nature to give me 329 and 331 in def and sp def respectively. I went with Rocky Helmet for the item since Chandelure is banned on PO, so I don't have to worry about Shadow Tag. If it were unbanned, I'd obviously switch for the Shed Shell. Rocky Helmet is really nice though, as combined with Iron Barbs, anything that hits Ferrothorn with a contact move loses 25% of its health. I love switching this guy into Outrage and watching my opponent kill himself/herself.

Possible changes: I was thinking of throwing Protect in there somewhere, I guess over Spikes or Thunder Wave, but I'm not sure. If anyone can offer input on that, I'd appreciate it. Also, I considered Leftovers instead of Rocky Helmet, but I dunno, the Helmet has actually won me some games, and it's a nice parting gift to my opponent if I'm forced to fodder Ferrothorn for some reason.

Jellicent (Farguson) @

Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe
Scald
Taunt
Recover
Toxic

Description:
Jellicent is the third member of the support trio on this team. He has excellent synergy with Ferrothorn and Tyranitar, as he loves switching into Fighting attacks, especially Hi Jump Kick. Scald is the obligatory STAB move, with decent base power backed by a 30% chance to burn the opponent. Next I have Taunt which can really help against things like Ferrothorn that try to set up Spikes, or annoying Baton Pass chains. It also basically forces Chansey/Blissey to switch as Taunt usually shuts down three of its four moves, with the fourth being Seismic Toss. Third up is Recover, which is great for restoring Jellicent's health, should it get low. Finally I have Toxic in the last slot. Not only does Taunt + Toxic + Recover allow me to stall out things if I need to, it also helps me deal with opposing bulky waters like Suicune, Politoed, and other Jellicent.

Possible changes: I used to have Will-O-Wsip instead of Toxic and Surf over Scald, but I found WoW misses just way too often, and doesn't cripple other bulky waters the way Toxic does. I guess then the only possible change I could make is maybe putting Shadow Ball on the set somewhere, but I don't think it's worth cutting Taunt or a status move. Opinions?

Venomoth (Victoria) @

Ability: Wonder Skin
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP/4 SpA/252 Spe
Sleep Powder
Quiver Dance
Baton Pass
Bug Buzz

Description:
Now we reach Venomoth, the first half of my win condition. She catches a lot of people off guard, because really, nobody uses Venomoth in OU. First up is Sleep Powder, which will hopefully put one of my opponent's Pokémon out of commission for awhile. I usually lead with that move. Next is Quiver Dance, which is one of the best boosting moves in the game, giving +1 to special attack, special defense, and speed. Depending on the situation, usually a single boost is sufficient, but sometimes I'll go for two if I feel that being greedy won't cost me the match. Baton Pass is the reason Venomoth is on the team, being the only Pokémon able to Baton Pass Quiver Dance boosts besides Smeargle. One boost passed to Nidoking is game over more than 75% of the time, two boosts more than 95%, and I've never lost if I've passed three. The last mvoe on the set is Bug Buzz, just so Venomoth can actually hurt stuff. If Nidoking goes down to some unforseen incident, Venomoth can attempt a mini-sweep with Quiver Dance + Bug Buzz as a last ditch resort. I chose the ability Wonder Skin instead of the standard Tinted Lens because I feel that 50% chance of a status move failing is FAR better than Bug Buzz hitting stuff that resists it harder. I've lost count of the number of times that Wonder Skin has saved me from a painful Thunder Wave or Sleep Powder. As for the spread, Timid nature with 252 EVs in speed ensures that she's fast as possible, while 252 EVs in HP are for bulk, since Venomoth isn't exactly built for taking hits. The rest are dumped in special attack just in case. Leftovers is the pretty obvious item choice, as it negates weather damage.

Possible changes: The only thing I can think of is change the ability to Tinted Lens and use Lum Berry as an item, but I think I like Wonder Skin + Leftovers a lot better.

Nidoking (Alucard) @

Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Earth Power
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Flamethrower

Description:
Here he is folks, the fawkin' boss. Nidoking with the Sheer Force ability is an absolute terror, receiving a 30% power boost to all moves that have a secondary effect, at the expense of that effect never happening. That's fine by me, because this guy's all about power. Once he gets passed a Quiver Dance or two, his ability, coupled with his vast movepool allows him to simply steamroll the rest of my opponent's team. Earth Power is the STAB move, and is my go-to move if nothing else is super effective. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam provide the infamous BoltBeam combo, as well as descimating all the Flying types that are immune to Earth Power. Rounding out the set is Flamethrower, which roasts annoyances such as Ferrothorn, whom would otherwise prove annoying. I went with a Timid nature and 252 EVs in speed to be as fast as possible, with 252 EVs in special attack to hit hard. The rest are in HP for a little extra bulk. Life Orb is the perfect item as Sheer Force negates Life Orb recoil on any attack it boosts, which happen to be all of Nidoking's.

Possible changes: No. There's nothing to change. Some people have suggested Fire Blast/Thunder. Those attacks can miss. The current ones can't. End of story.

Conclusion //

Well, there it is. My favourite, and probably the most fun team I've ever made. It has some problems, mainly in the form of priority attacks. I'm thinking of trying to fit screens in there, but I'm not sure that it's worth it. But it's now almost 5 am, so I'm turning this over you folks. Let's see what you can come up with to improve this team. Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be wonderful suggestions. Cheers! :heart:

Really solid team, but Mixed deo-s seems like he might give your team some problems, maybe use some sort of scizor (life orb or banded) to stop it more easily

Really solid team, but Mixed deo-s seems like he might give your team some problems, maybe use some sort of scizor (life orb or banded) to stop it more easily
Thanks! =) I do like the idea of adding Scizor somewhere, any suggestions on who I should replace?

First of all - I really like the team, looks interesting (though Venomoth seems way to frail for my fancy...)

Anyways...

Thanks! =) I do like the idea of adding Scizor somewhere, any suggestions on who I should replace?
You could try Scizor over Mienshao... I never liked that thing personally (which is not, I repeat, NOT my reason for suggesting this :P), you could use a physical sweeper that doesn't die immediately, it packs a great (Bullet-) punch and it's only weakness is covered by Jellicent. Just make sure you keep Jellicent around when using Scizor, because Jelli deals with Skarmory, Gliscor and generally fire types that tend to give Scizor trouble.

I like this set:

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly nature (I usually go for Adamant for the extra power)
Technician (duh)
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Superpower
- Nightslash

I like Nightslash in the last slot for decent power, high crits ratio and the ability to hit Jelli yourself. Basically just bring it in on one of the plenty resists, then spam Bullet Punch until it's forced out.

@ Teandal: Thanks for the compliemtn on the team, and the suggestion! =) I'll definitely give Scizor a try over Mienshao. Cheers!

I dont mean to be a party pooper, but Doryuzu will tear this team a new one. You set up sandstorm for him, and he hits most of your pokemon supereffectively (2HKOs jellicent, and mienshao will be OHKOd).

I think it might be wierd to reccomend this, but try drizzle politoed and dusknoir instead of burungel and ttar. That way you can spin block still, cripple sand teams who would otherwise give you trouble, and negate Venomoth and Ferothorn's fire weaknesses.
Of course you give Nidoking a 4x weakness to water, and nidoking loses flamethrower( although his other moves provide coverage against almost everything else weak to it). However, he gains surf and thunder, which have huge base powers on him, and
those sandstorm dudes cant counter him anymore.

I enjoy seeing Meinshau in use(I hope you'll still use it). It has been my favorite new anti-lead. I love people's faces when their Gliscor is OHKOed by HP Ice(:
Jellicent NEEDS taunt. It helps it by pass walls like scarmory and blissey. I would NOT replace it with shadow ball. If you would replace a move for an offensive move l would use Hex instead, for it 100 base power after you have taunted+Toxiced. I would replace Scald as it can interfere with stalling some special threats (granted burn stall is definitely viable, toxic stall is usually just quicker). Nidoking can handle steels and Poisons with Earth power and Flamethrower.

That's my two cents on Jellicent. Mainly just some preference though
Yeah Excadrill does say hi and leave your team in the dust though..... Poison Heal Gliscor could help
I would remove either Meinshau (sigh l hate suggesting the removal of this awesome pokemon) or maybe Ferrothorn?

@ Lemonz: I do like the idea of Drizzle Politoed, but then what am I setting rocks up with? Also, Dusknoir is kinda mehhh.. Also, Surf on Nidoking doesn't get boosted by Sheer Froce as there's no added effect, and I then lose a super-effective move against Ferrothorn and all the Bug/Steel-types.

@ RandomName12321: Yes! I know exactly what you mean about the Mienshao/Gliscor thing! If I had a dollar for every time someone switched their Gliscor into the Fake Out, only to eat a Hidden Power Ice next turn, I'd quit my job. ;D
I also agree that Taunt > Ghost move on Jellicent, Taunt has saved me too many times. I'm glad I made the right choice.
Gliscor does seem like it would be nice to help against Excadrill, I'll test it over Mienshao. If I cut Ferrothorn, I have no Dragon-resist and that's just unpleasant. I guess the usual Earthquake/Acrobatics/Fling/Protect set? =)

Thanks for the comments guys, keep 'em coming!

Yeah Flingbat is nice. I have used and it wrecks so much, but l think a defensive SD set is pretty awesome too. It's so easy to get to +6 with his awesome defenses. I think the moveset is
-SD
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Protect/Taunt

Yeah Flingbat is nice. I have used and it wrecks so much, but l think a defensive SD set is pretty awesome too. It's so easy to get to +6 with his awesome defenses. I think the moveset is
-SD
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Protect/Taunt
Thanks, I'll definitely give that set a test-drive. =)

Jirachi in its many forms really puts your team on its heals.

Psychic OHKOs mienshao nidoking and venomoth
Iron head 2HKOs Tyranitar
Jellicent and ferrothorn handle but have no real effective way of firing back and jellicent loses to calm mind/thunderbolt

Jirachi in its many forms really puts your team on its heals.

Psychic OHKOs mienshao nidoking and venomoth
Iron head 2HKOs Tyranitar
Jellicent and ferrothorn handle but have no real effective way of firing back and jellicent loses to calm mind/thunderbolt
Jirachi is annoying, usually I try to paralyze it with Ferrothorn, at which point Nidoking Earth Powers all over it. Do you have any other suggestions to help this problem?

If you want to keep a Dragon resist and somewhat take care of Jirachi, you could use Bronzong. He has access to Earthquake and is bulky enough to take both Body Slam and Iron Head. Also, he does not mind being paralyzed too much. Finally, he can set up Stealth Rock so that your team still has it. I'd personally use the standard set since it gives the most utility.

Also, shouldn't you have a spinner? I mean you don't want your Moth coming in on Stealth Rocks...

Just something quick, if Tyranitar is out for the count, Rotom-H will have a field day with this team. It hits 3 of your pokemon SE with it's STABs and Nidoking can't do much to it. It can also burn Tyranitar and Mienshao so I would keep a look out for it. It's all I see right now, and I actually had a team quite similar to this (only with P-Z instead of Nidoking) Try a Memento user because it pretty much means free set-up with Venomoth.

Good Luck!

one question... ... do you really need that tyranitar to have stealth rock? just think why you put the tyranitar there. to absorb and destroy pshychics lured to venomoth (nidoking would be koed by a zen headbut or pshycbreak if you baton pass).

then maybe you could keep a strong physical attack on your tyranitar to destroy special psi pokes , but give her at least one or two special attacks, so she can at the same time function as a mixed beast and baton pass reciever in case passing to nidoking would be too risky. (also a boosted ttar flametrowher would completly anihilate any excadrill that tries to destroy your baloon)

i mean, i'm running a very similar team (change dark type tyranitar for dark type houndoom and ferrothorn for dual screen suicide gardevoir) and I've seen that it's very helpful for keeping my momentum to have the option to actually choose a quiver dance reciever.

yep, nidoking IS the best reciever he majority of the time. but a baloon holding mix tar could be an excellent choice if you are being attacked by succesive psi attacks that target defense or earthquakes.

in the same vein, I run a quite uncommon jellicent set. offensive jellicent not only can take your enemies by surprise with life orb max sp attak surfs instead of scald, but can also be a decent quiver dance reciever too with surf, shadow ball and energy ball, and you also cover another of nidoking weakness to water, giving you the chance of BP to him against a predicted waterfall of a DD gyra. (though, gyra usually tries to taunt).

also... your team is severally missing someone named Pip...

oh, and yes... mienshao is the best anti lead.... EVER! what an awesome poke *¬*

maybe you could come with a better set for your TTar, but maybe you could try something like:
@baloon
-pursuit
-crunch/stone edge/superpower (to anihillate blissey and having special attacks don't force you to switch)
-Flametrhower
-ice sp attack? i believe he learns ice beam? or maybe an HP of some type your team needs.

@ Jenica: You're right, I badly need a spinner but I wouldn't know where to fit it. I was considering Forretress over Ferrothorn, but then I lose a water-resist, and Thunder Wave. Thoughts?

@ kay-tay: Thanks for pointing that out. I almost never see Rotom-H (everyone always uses Rotom-W) so I didn't even catch that! I'll definitely try to think of something to cover that weakness. I really like the idea of a Memento user, I was thinking either Uxie or Gardevior for dual screens + Memento to guarentee set-up. I would have no idea whom to cut though. I want 7 team members so badly. =P Any thoughts?

@ Svartworlf: Wow. I REALLY like the idea of dropping Stealth Rock, and changing it to MixTar. I can just drop Spikes on Ferrothorn for Stealth Rock, since I rarely ever find myself actually having a chance to set up more than one layer. I like the set you gave (and to answer your question, yes TTar does get Ice Beam ;D) so I'm going to go ahead and give that a go.

Thanks everyone for the comments! =)

Hellsing is my favorite manga so thats pretty cool. No anderson tho and hes my favorite character. Great team.

Interesting team. I like the Meinshao anti-lead, gonna have to try that one out.

And Hellsing is an excellent anime/manga. I'd recommend the OVAs over the anime series though, they follow the manga more closely and are beautifully animated.

I've used a Mienshao set that really makes it dangerous.
I don't know if it will fit your team but here it goes:
Mienshao @ Leftovers
§ Substitute
§ Bulk Up
§ HJK/U-Turn
§ Fake Out/Stone Edge/HP Ice
Regenerator
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Defense

Interesting team. I like the Meinshao anti-lead, gonna have to try that one out.

And Hellsing is an excellent anime/manga. I'd recommend the OVAs over the anime series though, they follow the manga more closely and are beautifully animated.

plus Pip bernadotte is the most awesome character the series have created D:
he is the complete definition of "Normal Badass"

"those vampire natzies can dodge our bullets because they can feel our intention of shooting.. let's see how the feel the intention of this claymores >:3 or this stealthrocks... "

Tyranitar doesn't seem to be doing this team any favours, sandstorm hurts 2/3 of your team and only Tyranitar itself benefits from it.

I would suggest a Heatran set in place of it, as it would assist greatly in your ability to deal with Sun teams and can be used as a secondary butterfly dance recipient. With an Air Balloon it can also be a Excadrill counter which your team desperately needs:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Modest
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice
- Stealth Rock

You could also use a bulky set if you wanted to retain the specially defensive wall and add in roar so your team has a way to counter baton pass teams:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock / Roar

Tyranitar doesn't seem to be doing this team any favours, sandstorm hurts 2/3 of your team and only Tyranitar itself benefits from it.

I would suggest a Heatran set in place of it, as it would assist greatly in your ability to deal with Sun teams and can be used as a secondary butterfly dance recipient. With an Air Balloon it can also be a Excadrill counter which your team desperately needs:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Modest
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice
- Stealth Rock

You could also use a bulky set if you wanted to retain the specially defensive wall and add in roar so your team has a way to counter baton pass teams:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock / Roar
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely try out Heatran. The reason I had Tyranitar was so that I have a weather changer. Switching it in on Ninetales' Fire Blast, taking nothing, and then Pursuiting it on the way out was always nice. Sandstorm also only hurts 1/2 of my team, not 2/3 (Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Nidoking all immune) but half is still a lot. Passing a Quiver Dance to BalloonTran seems like a really solid idea though, and I'll definitely test it. Thanks again. ;D

I'd also like to press the idea of drizzletoad instead of T-tar. It would benefit jellicent and ferro ( no more fire, increased power in moves). Then you could change flamethrower to surf and thunderbolt to thunder. the 1.5 boost to water attacks in rain is better than the 30% boost to a 95 power move. in the end, surf would become the better move, but the only problem would be ferrothorn, in which you could replace a move for focus blast, which also gets 30% from sheer force.

the only thing I can say is: why use this in DW? if you change to tinted lens like you said, this team could qualify for Standard OU... This would remove a large number of threats from your game, and considering that Venomoth is going to pass to Nidoking, you don't really need to worry about losing that little bit of survivability...

other than that, very solid team, I can't see what Items you have because images don't work on my computer (so I tl;dr'd the team-building) so I don't know entirely your strategy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)