VGC '11 US Northwest Regional - Seattle, WA - May 14th - WON BY biffsterPKMN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
Thanks Alaka, that means that if I did attack, he would've survived and then OHKO me like he did and won anyways. Makes me feel a whole lot better! Now to try to butter up the wife to let me go to Nationals!

Btw, I saw that it's July 8-10... why's it 3 days? With only 112 competitors for each Division, shouldn't it go just as fast as the Regionals? I'm just trying to find out what to tell the boss why I need 3 days away lol
Well, the first day (friday) is the Last Chance Qualifier. Saturday is the actual nationals tournament. Sunday is the top 16 finals. Also, there is TCG at nationals so its definitely gonna be 3 days.

Watching the stream last night was really good fun, and gave me a good insight into the kind of things to expect in Birmingham (assuming people do the same thing as last year and start using the best team from the early regionals).

Well done to Biff and the rest of the ducks, even those who didn't get very far, and I look forward to San Jose.

gah fuck so tired

Made it to my first VGC and hooked up with the Ducks :3 So awesome to finally meet Smogoners. It was tons of fun, I doodled a few pictures, and I've promised Biffster a nice victory picture. +_+ Hanging out with you guys during and afterwards was excellent! Though I still can't believe that me and ninahaza were the only locals in the happy band.

Aside from getting soaking goddamn wet on my trek home it was a big win all around. :3

oh yeah and to anyone I hung out with: I will hunt you down if you say it you know what I mean

do not test me

Eh, it got a bad reflection in the picture, you can't see the colors and such. It's very nice, I can speak firsthand for that. And rather heavy.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
So how many people get invites to Indy? Only Biffster? Top 4? 8?

Love the picture. Didn't moot go?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So how many people get invites to Indy? Only Biffster? Top 4? 8?

Love the picture. Didn't moot go?
I was wondering the same thing! moot went, but he's not in the image >=O

Top 16 get invites, but only #1 gets the fully paid flight + hotel. #2 - #4 get $300 travel money.

BI's list reveals 12 of the 16 people who qualified for Nats:

Biffster- 1st
[SPF] Tween Star - 2nd
TRE's brother - 3rd
[SPF] Itako - 4th

Fish - Top 8
OmegaDonut - Top 8
TeamRocketElite - Top 8
thepickandplay - Top 8

GreenStaar - Top 16
Halordain - Top 16
Ninahaza - Top 16
Raze17 - Top 16

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
hey i remember thepickandplay! he was asking for a gigalith in chat just before the tournament. glad that worked out for you.

Good lookin' bunch of finalists. Congrats to everyone and ESPECIALLY Biffster taking home the gold.

Quack Quack. Time for cali.

SPF, you guys definitely deserve a shoutout! It was great meeting all of you guys, and it was kind of fun having that "clan battle", Hopefully, we will see each other again at Nationals! And also, it was great meeting you too TheMutant! I really love the picture that you sketched of me!

Just a small detail, but it's Itakio, not Itako.
Great meeting all of you. It was a blast, as expected! Hope to see you all again at nationals!

Also, SPF joan made top 16 as well, for your list imperfectspider

what the hell

i was like "hey man apparently we have way more hair than last year" and then i read firestorms post and finally noticed skarm o_o holy shit i didnt even recognize him w t f

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)