Best Users of EVIOLITE

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
^^ Female DW Gligar has been released, iirc.

Her brother is now Uber. Does Combusken have any chance?

Combusken @ Eviolite
Trait: Speed Boost
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Protect / Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Sky Uppercut
- Swords Dance / Rock Slide
I was wondering if someone would bring up Combusken. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it has potential if it can grab a boost. It has decent defenses with Eviolite, and can survive most priority bar Azumarill, so it should be possible. Adamant nature should definitely be used over Jolly though, and some HP EVs might be worth consideration.

Also, if anyone wants to see my Gurdurr set in action, here's a random Singles match of my UU team showcasing Gurdurr's absurd physical defense even before a boost: 88-74443-10126. What a champ.

Lairon anyone?, it has great ressistances and an enormous amount of bulk with eviolite in the sand and a great companion to altaria

Lairon anyone?, it has great ressistances and an enormous amount of bulk with eviolite in the sand and a great companion to altaria
Hmm... main problem is that it has NO recovery (not even lefties) and can't do a whole ton once it's out. I see it as either a Rocks-laying Roaring companion to a Chansey with Wish and Heal Bell or as a Restalk Curse sweeper. It would absolutely NEED sand in order to work, though. In any case, it's an excellent physical wall. I believe that a 252/252 +Def Lairon would serve as a cold stop to anything trying to sweep in the physical spectrum.

Pity DW Aron hasn't been released yet, or we might have a legitimate user of Heavy Metal (to allow a high base power Heavy Bomber).

Well, I'm gonna put some sets up. No pictures yet (maybe forever)

Murkrow
Eviolite
Prankster
Bold/Impish/Calm/Careful, calm is best, but bold 2nd best, other 2 is for when you don't want att drop for attacks or struggles, but more confusion damage
252HP/depends on nature but I use 4def/252sp.def
Substitute
Roost
Haze/Rain Dance/Feather Dance/Taunt/Toxic/Whirlwind/Mean Look
Haze/Rain Dance/Feather Dance/Taunt/Toxic/Whirlwind/Mean Look
A really annoying prankster set, with haze for setups etc. Sub is optional
Don't forget the Perish Set (thanks to Bologo):

[SET]
name: Perish Trapper
move1: Perish Song
move2: Mean Look
move3: Roost
move4: FeatherDance / Taunt
item: Evolution Stone
nature: Sassy
ability: Prankster
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
ivs: 0 Atk / 1 Spe

I've tried this thing and you can take down even ubers like Mewtwo, Darkrai, etc.

Don't forget the Perish Set (thanks to Bologo):

[SET]
name: Perish Trapper
move1: Perish Song
move2: Mean Look
move3: Roost
move4: FeatherDance / Taunt
item: Evolution Stone
nature: Sassy
ability: Prankster
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
ivs: 0 Atk / 1 Spe

I've tried this thing and you can take down even ubers like Mewtwo, Darkrai, etc.
It certainly works, but the problem with Murkrow is that not only does it take quite a bit from Zapdos' Thunder Bolt (I think it kills, actually ) but it's more or less outclassed as a trapper by Wobbuffett <_<

It certainly works, but the problem with Murkrow is that not only does it take quite a bit from Zapdos' Thunder Bolt (I think it kills, actually ) but it's more or less outclassed as a trapper by Wobbuffett <_<
Actually, Thunderbolt can only 2HKO Murkrow (57.4% - 68.5%), and seeing as you can out-speed with Prankster and Roost before it can get another Thunderbolt off (28.7% - 34.3%), meaning that as long as you don't go switching into Hidden Power [Ice] randomly, you should be able to beat it one-on-one with priority Roost.

Of course, that's assuming I did those calculations correctly. Eviolite is a 50% boost to defenses, which is equivalent to +3, right? If not, then ignore everything else I've posted because apparently I'm retarded.

Actually, Thunderbolt can only 2HKO Murkrow (57.4% - 68.5%), and seeing as you can out-speed with Prankster and Roost before it can get another Thunderbolt off (28.7% - 34.3%), meaning that as long as you don't go switching into Hidden Power [Ice] randomly, you should be able to beat it one-on-one with priority Roost.

Of course, that's assuming I did those calculations correctly. Eviolite is a 50% boost to defenses, which is equivalent to +3, right? If not, then ignore everything else I've posted because apparently I'm retarded.
I'm not sure about calculations but Murk can survive a Bolt, also an Ice Beam with STAB or without it, I remember being hit by those and still being able to Perish Trap.

Rhydon in Sandstorm is ridiculous, I used this to great success in BW OU at the start of the meta and it was amazing.

Rhydon @Eviolite
Lightningrod/Rock Head (Neither really matter)
Careful (+SpD -SpA)
252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
Rest
Sleep Talk
Curse/Earthquake
Rock Slide

With this, it reaches 414/297/414/x/404/116 in Sandstorm. Takes hits like a champ and can just rest it off. If only it had Solid Rock, then it'd literally be insta-OU...
Utilizes either a rapey boosting set or the amazing coverage ground and rock give each other, and with STAB too!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Eviolite is indeed a 50% boost, but that's only +1.

What do you guys think about Nosepass w/ Eviolite?

Haven't had time testing one as of yet (still breeding, ev training and what not) but with sandstorm + eviolite he might have some potential.

NFE pseudo-legendaries? NFE pseudo-legendaries.

Dragonair @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin / Marvel Scale
Nature: Adamant(+Atk, -SpA)
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Aqua Tail
- Rest / ExtremeSpeed

Pupitar @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch / Rest

Shelgon @ Eviolite
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Dance
- Brick Break / Rock Slide / Crunch

Tried out this set, and it has been doing great.

Frillish@ Eviolite
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
- Night Shade

A slight variation on the standard Jellcent, but with Night Shade to deal real damage, and Toxic to wear down anything else that it can't burn.

Jthreau

formerly DoubleJG
I have only tried using the Eviolite with Dusclops and have had quite the success with it. I usually run it in Doubles as a supportive 'mon...

Pain Spilt
Will-O-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Shadow Sneak

I don't know 'bout the calcs, but I do know that I seemed to be very easily screwed by Zapdos and I believe Nidoking... I mean, given, Zapdos is using a super effective hit to kill me an' probably won't be able to do much to me with it's other attacks, but being easily handled by a pretty big threat makes Murkrow a bit unappealing. I believe there were other problems that the set had but I can't remember...

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shelgon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Impish
-Wish
-Protect
-Dragon Tail
-Brick Break / Toxic

Just curious, but currently are there any magor UU threats you could trap and kill with magnezone? If not, if might not have a niche at all, even with those decen defenses.

Just curious, but currently are there any magor UU threats you could trap and kill with magnezone? If not, if might not have a niche at all, even with those decen defenses.
Escavalier and Empoleon are two Steel-types that I can think of at the top of my head, both of which cause a problem for a Kyurem sweep. So, there's your niche, I guess.

Ferroseed
Eviolite
Iron Barbs
Relaxed +Def/-Spe
252HP/252Def/4SpD
0 speed ivs
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Thunder Wave/Toxic
Leech Seed
Acts just like Ferrothorn, you could have protect over one of the entry hazards for stalling. 0 speed ivs has no purpose, but its cool
Maybe a little late to say this, but since 0 spe has no use... probably a good idea just to run 31 IVs and a neutral nature just so you can outspeed some defensive paralysed stuff and possibly get extra layers down/prevent stuff from setting up.

ok, just a thought, with all these sets, shouldn't someone condense it all into one post (start a new one?). it would make it easier to track all the good ideas, and gives some inspiration to some people looking to try something new.

Ferroseed
Eviolite
Iron Barbs
Relaxed +Def/-Spe
252HP/252Def/4SpD
0 speed ivs
Stealth Rock
Spikes
Thunder Wave/Toxic
Leech Seed
Acts just like Ferrothorn, you could have protect over one of the entry hazards for stalling. 0 speed ivs has no purpose, but its cool
You can't use Stealth Rock, Spikes and Leech Seed all together on one set, as there's no breeding partner that can pass all at once. You have to pick 2 of them:
SR + Spikes = Crustle
SR + Leech = Torterra
Spikes + Leech = Cacturne

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other than that, there is quite a number of Pokemon that can make good use of Eviolite. Combusken should be more effective with Life Orb though...
Most are called by now (no specific order) : Dusclops, Chansey, Tangela, Magneton, Murkrow, Golbat, Hippopotas, Lickitung, Gligar, Shelgon and Dragonair

I'd also consider the followings as potential (and hopefully effective) users of this item:
Bayleef, Vigoroth, Metang, Togetic, Wartortle, Munchlax, Yanma, Duosion and Tentacool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)