Gen V Initial UU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then enjoy deleting your account, because I would bet on Victini and Heracross being in the Top 3, with a third member that isn't Espeon.

Wow UU has lots of greats pokes that i thought would be OU its tough getting into OU
(Victini WHY)

P.S.
How is magikarp not the lowest poke on the list, what is this world coming to.

Vanillish is used less than Vannilite...wut? Maybe people run gimmick prevo/naive theme teams or something. I wonder if Hera and Kyurem and Victini are going to bounce up to OU at the end of this month though...

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow UU has lots of greats pokes that i thought would be OU its tough getting into OU
(Victini WHY)

P.S.
How is magikarp not the lowest poke on the list, what is this world coming to.
It's 'cause Carp is FAMOUS for being bad-- so people using stupid troll teams naturally pick it more often than something like Vanillish (which I had to look up because I didn't even know what it was...).

It's 'cause Carp is FAMOUS for being bad-- so people using stupid troll teams naturally pick it more often than something like Vanillish (which I had to look up because I didn't even know what it was...).
For the record, Vanillish is the ice-cream prevo.

jeez.

@Mysterious Trainer: Have fun deleting, Victini and Kyurem are gonna be top 2, and stuff like Heracross, Arcanine and Chansey give Espeon a run for its money. Oh, and did I mention Vulpix and Abomasnow?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Look at that wavering confidence!

If anything, I expect Top ten to be dumb and look like
Kyurem / Abomasnow / Vulpix / Victini / Sawsbuck / Liligant / Mew / Chansey / Hitmontop / Dusclops

No particular order >.>

Look at that wavering confidence!

If anything, I expect Top ten to be dumb and look like
Kyurem / Abomasnow / Vulpix / Victini / Sawsbuck / Liligant / Mew / Chansey / Hitmontop / Dusclops

No particular order >.>
Sawsbuck, Victini and Lilligant will probably decline significantly in usage once sun gets banned. On the other hand, even if Abomasnow gets banned, Kyurem will still probably the beast in UU, with Snover's availability. I don't see Kyurem staying in UU for long though.

Wry no love for vulpix? :(

First politoed, now this? Does smogon just not like having to deal with weather teams that aren't sandstorm this much?

inb4 hail

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wry no love for vulpix? :(

First politoed, now this? Does smogon just not like having to deal with weather teams that aren't sandstorm this much?

inb4 hail
Outside of providing Drought, Vulpix is just....so unusable. Its discussion thread even got locked for it being generally bad in combat.

Victini is already as good as gone, 180 STAB Banded V-Creates will move it out of UU in the first round of suspect testing. The question I have is whether Vulpix or Abomasnow are going to follow. I would honestly like it if UU became no auto-weather abusers, or at least if there was the creation of a tier where there were none, because I am getting tired of everyone and their mother running sand and rain, with the random sun team thrown in for good measure

Yeah Vulpix is so terrible and it dies in one hit anyway. Team Preview makes things even worse.
Usually it goes like this:

1. Player B sees that player A has a Vulpix, which is inevitably going to be sent out first
2. Player B sends its Fake Out/Pursuit/whatever destroys Vulpix user
3. Vulpix dies on the first turn and if it doesn't, it dies whenever it switches in the next time
4. Player B changes the weather to Hail or anything else
5. Player A just got his whole strategy ruined

I'd rather have a suicidal Sunny Day user holding Heat Rock. This way it's not a telegraphed "Kill my Vulpix and ruin my strategy please".
You obviously haven't been facing remotely close to good people rofl.
1. Vulpix with Eviolite is considerably bulky and will not get OHKO'd. (Fake Out/Pursuit/Whatever will do jack shit).
2. Anyone with a brain would keep their Vulpix alive if they see an Abomasnow.
3. Your Player A sucks, so does Player B. Why would you Fake Out/Pursuit a Vulpix out of all options. Player A can always switch out on the EQ/SE as long as they get that Sun up.
4. Permanent sun > heat rock. Chlorophyll boosting sweepers need the permanent sun to sweep.

I see a bunch of people betting that Abomasnow will get banned, but I haven't seen a single hail team as of my UU career. However, that's been about 10 games, so that might be saying something. In fact, I've never seen a designated team (i.e. Sun, Snow, Trick Room, Baton Pass, etc.) except for my own. All I've seen are Togekisses and Arcanines and Alakazams and the occasional Donphan. Maybe that's just me

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I see a bunch of people betting that Abomasnow will get banned, but I haven't seen a single hail team as of my UU career. However, that's been about 10 games, so that might be saying something. In fact, I've never seen a designated team (i.e. Sun, Snow, Trick Room, Baton Pass, etc.) except for my own. All I've seen are Togekisses and Arcanines and Alakazams and the occasional Donphan. Maybe that's just me
Wait until you get to 1200 or higher on BW UU ladder. Hail, Drought, and Stall are pretty common up there imo

I don't see why Victini Is UU. Its got V-Create (Which I have been endlessly arguing is NOT A broken move) and Its got Base 100 Stats. Then it gets Fusion Bolt through the movie event (Same event as you get V-Create). Honestly, It needs to move to OU or, When it comes, BL

The suspect voting is tomorrow, so it should be bl soon. I think chansey should be bl, because it can wall most things in uu, and pass ridiculous wishes. It can be countered, but each team must have a way of dealing with it and killing it, or they will be walled.

Also, if i have a rating of 1222 in uu right now, do i have to do anything to register for the vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)