Apprentice Program: Round Fifty

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASSIGNED TO WhiteQueen

Username: blarajan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: blarajan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 6 pm-12 am Monday/Wednesday/Thursday, 8 30/9 pm-12 am Tuesday, 8 30-whenever Friday, any time Saturday/Sunday.
What tier do you want to learn?: (lol i forgot the tier...BW UU/OU) I want help with advanced team building and making turns to benefit you in the long run. Overall battling.
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey, I'm Rajan. I started battling late DPPt after the Salamence and Garchomp bans. I'm a junior in high school, but luckily that's almost finishing. I'm captain of debate and mock trial teams, and volunteer at a Kumon center (tutoring place). I attend the Magnet program at my high school. I'm a nice guy, and am fun to talk to. I really want to learn! :D.

Ps, I had Lamppost in the last round, and he was great. However, we didn't get to battling nearly as much as I'd have liked to, and I really want to get to that.

ASSIGNED TO undisputed

Username: yee
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: yee, 2 other alts
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, 6 PM-12 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU/OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been into competitive battling for a while now, and I want to see how far I can get. I have got a fair grip in current OU with my rain team but thats it, I would like to build balanced and stall teams and haven't been successful yet. I think I need help from a better player in practice because while I am capable of putting my own spin on successful teams I never seem to do well with them. As for UU, I never quite got into it last gen and I don't know where to even start right now, my attempts of getting into it so far have been failures and I would like to play well in a tier besides OU.

In real life im a junior in high school, and im loving it. Even though im techincally preparing for 3 AP math classes next year, im not being overloaded with work at all, my teachers are all fun and my friends are always hilarious- they pull funny pranks all the time.

Username: Xav
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Xav, Alt, MC Blah
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 4-6pm weekdays and most of weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am in grade 11 at school and this will take lot of my time. I would difinitely like to improve my battling skills as I have been an average battler since going competitive in late DP.

Username:raijinken
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:JL
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+8 Flexible. Most weekdays afternoons and evenings.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I've played Pokemon since RBY but only got interested in competitive since Gen IV when wifi was introduced. I'm decent at predictions but not so much at team building since I have a lot of quirks I indulge in like refusal to use weathers and legends. Also, a semi-competitive Team Fortress 2 player :D

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO Huntofthelion

Username: Wario is OSSIM
Pokemon Online username: Wario is OSSIM, [~Lyra~], Random Old Person
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, usually around 8:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm decent in battling (actually, I peaked at #28 on Smogon's server at one time). I want to learn how to build better teams because I've been in a pickle ever since I retired my Dual Screens Hyper Offense team. Some help regarding prediction in battle would also be appreciated. I'm a Sophomore with a love for Physics and other random stuff like techno and Mario Kart.

Username: Heathcliff Huxtable
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Heathcliff_Huxtable
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (GMT -7) 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM; 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU or DP OU (preferably BW OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19 year old college sophomore who enjoys watching football, playing competitive Pokemon, and spending time with friends/family/etc. I would like to learn about team building and in-battle strategies from an experienced battler in either the BW or the DPPt Standard OU metagame. I'm already familiar with most of the basics of competitive Pokemon, but I think I need help improving my overall level of skill and learning about more advanced concepts.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Username: Phantasia
Pokemon Online: Phantasia/Tape
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 6PM through 12 AM EST/GMT-5, or at random times.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I always thought BW was interesting and possibly more fun than other GENs, but I never managed to keep playing for over a few days. This looks like a good excuse to learn it now.

ASSIGNED TO SOMALIA

Username: Dawnwind
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Mhael
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, usually online all day, best time would be 11am-4pm or 8pm onwards though
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU, BW NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm aiming to get enough understanding to build a team for VGC 2012, and hold my own in Smogon PO channels, I currently run a Sunny Day team which has had some success.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO AERROW

Username: Nastyjungle
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Nastyjungle, McNasty
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (GMT -6) 4:00pm-10:00pm until May 25th, where I will basically be available all day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, BW OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a mildly successful player already, I was ranked in the top ten several times in DP UU as well as BW Dreamworld, but my success is inconsistent and in random spurts. I'd just like to be able to tighten up my game and be a better, more solid team builder as well as better player all around! Aerrow has already agreed to tutor me.

ASSIGNED TO aziki

Username: Fiction.
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Fiction., Gift for You among others
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 (6pm-10pm on most days)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 17 year old guy living in France. My hobbies include playing music and hanging out with friends. I want help in BW OU since I'm average really and want to get better. Same with ADV OU except I'm completely clueless in that area.

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
ASSIGNED TO Optimusje

Username: .Kyuusei.
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: .Kyuusei.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 hour ; 5:00 PM - 8:00 AM (with my timezone !) when there is school, Pretty much every time the weekend
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/ADV OU/DPP OU, at least one of them, in this order, if possible BW UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Hmm, what can I say about me.. Oh, I won't say I live in France otherwise I will be trolled .-. . I play since mid-DPP period, with a few breaks in pokemon. That I'd like to improve is my teambuilding and stuff. I had a decent level in DPP OU, I reached 1572 cre on Smogon University OU ladder on SB and I went into semi-finals in one of Smogon Tours this season, but nowadays I suck at teambuilding etc.. . I want to be better, that's all.

ASSIGNED TO am

Username: Nailo
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Nailo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3 (Every day at night time I am available to play in Pokemon Online, but able to talk using IM almost all day)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I enter here in Smogon for like one year, already tried to sign up for this battling tutor once, but never had a chance to be assigned a tutor. I play Pokemon since the beginning, but want to really learn this game just now on.

Username: avdc90
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: avdc90, Lofty
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5 (US Eastern). I am available mostly every weekday anytime (preferably after 7 PM though, excluding fridays. I am not available saturdays, but Sundays are good after 2 PM)
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been battling competitively for about three years now, and I have been playing pokemon since september 1998. I am a junior forensic chemistry major at Penn State University where I created The Intercollegiate Pokemon League. I was pretty decent in gen 4, but I cant seem to get the hang of gen 5 and I would really appreciate any help I can get. I somehow managed to win a random BW OU tournament on the smogon server, but I find it difficult to keep my team above even 1200 CRE. It would mean the world to me to be able to have the team and the skill to consistently earn 1500+

ASSIGNED TO Lamppost

Username: comatthew6
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: comatthew6, coma6, coma's bitch
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -4), 2:30-6:00p.m.
Tell us a little about yourself: I want to brush up on my teambuilding/prediction skills because I've always had trouble with them. I also want to learn how to "analyze" opponents' teams during team preview better. Personal info: My name's Matt and I live in New Jersey; I enjoy playing golf (on the HS team) and basketball and video games (best at Black Ops). I think that I'm easy to talk to and will be able to go on most times if I'm not playing golf. Also I made voting reqs for BW Little Cup.

EDIT: requesting reachzero

EDIT2: lamppost agreed to tutor me.

Username: KingdomBlade
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: KingdomBlade
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 8. It's summer here for the next.. 3 weeks or so, so I'm generally available most of the time for the most part. From around 10 a.m to 12 p.m.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since R/B/Y (IIRC it was my first RPG), however I've only been trying out competitive for a year. I always fail to create a team that I find success with, most likely due to my inexperience. My prediction skills are also mediocre. I'm certainly not good at all yet with this, but I'm eager to learn and to play.
As for myself, I'm a student living in the South Eastern part of Asia (Philippines to be precise). I'm in love with video games, literature, writing, and film. I'm not that outgoing, however I do consider myself to be very hyperactive and enthusiastic, and friendly with most people. Hope I can get tutored!

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: barry4ever
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: barry4ever
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +5:30, I'm on at my morning, i.e late night for EST people and late nights i.e morning for EST guys
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / BW Ubers (if someone can teach me)
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in India and am a normal kid who loves playing Pokemon and being cooped up in Uber C&C.

Username: Zarco

Pokemon Online Username: Zarco (to keep it simple)

Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5. I'm available most nights after I finish homework and everything (after 9 or 10, maybe), but whether I'm available varies day to day- sometime between 7-ish and 12-ish. I'm also free most weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?: Mostly BW UU- I've enjoyed the tier a lot since it was opened, but also BW OU as I play OU a bit too.

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a nerdy Jewish kid from Ohio. Not much to say... I swim, play golf, and do a bunch of school groups, so I don't always have tons of time, but a few months ago I started battling competitively on PO in my spare time. I'm decent, I guess, I've taught myself prediction and such but I'd really like to bring my battling skills and my teambuilding, especially, to the next level. I tend to make teams a lot because I rarely can make successful teams (I currently have 1 good UU team and maybe 4 OU teams that work well) Just looking for someone who can help me improve!

Username: Uthanak
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Uthanak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern standard time, GMT -5 Will be available anytime during fridays and saturdays. On the other days it has to be between 00:00 and 4:00 AM or between 12:30 and 1:30pm
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU or UU
Tell us a little about yourself: 13 years pokemon player but only generation 1-2, just got platinum and white and am looking to learn the ropes.

Username: MewGod
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MewGod
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central GMT -6, 5-10PM weekdays, unavailable on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: G5 OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like to make my own sets, catch people off guard, fix my team. I don't like being a SF, someone who just copies what someone else did unless it's 100% perfect in my mind like roob set ;).

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: religiousjedi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Cecilia, religiousjedi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (GMT -7)/ Friday, Saturday, Sunday (6-12a)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Master breeder/capture in BW, very VERY stale at battling because of it.

Username: TorchicBlaziken
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TorchicBlaziken
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Time, and I am usually available at 5:00 PM, on Thursday.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2011
Tell us a little about yourself: I only use Pokémon I like. I like to think outside the box and try Pokémon that are overlooked, like Zen Mode Darmanitan and Haxorus. But I'll use overused mons if I really like them. I personally don't like simulators, and I think that they take a lot of the fun out of the game and are a bad representative of the actual metagame, but I am quite willing to use a simulator for the sake of testing out teams before I breed them in the actual game. No sense breeding it if it's not a good team, right? When I play, I can never win. I always have to ask other people what to put on the team. Even after then, I don't have the instinct that all the other battlers seem to have.

Username: YTP
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: YTP.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'm available a lot more now due to school ending soon. Pretty much anytime. Eastern Timezone though.
Tell us a little about yourself: I played pokemon back in the dayz... now I'm back and I want to learn this meta.

Username: WillSO
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: WillSO (Note: I usually play on Shoddy2 [aka. Pokemon Lab] - so that'd be my preference if possible. I do have Shoddy/PO if it is absolutely neccessary though :( )
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT. I play most evenings (from 7pm onwards) and weekends whenever I'm free.
What tier do you want to learn?: 4th Gen OU (if time allows, and at the tutor's discretion, perhaps moving into the 5th gen basics)
Tell us a little about yourself: I started battling mid summer 2010 when Salamence was just getting banned and I've never really settled into the OU metagame. I've recently hit a block and I can't seem to grow as a player anymore - I suspect due to my poor knowledge about the metagame.

Outside of the internet, my hobbies include cycling, squash, badminton, casual football (or soccer...), and I have on occasion done some stand-up comedy at a local bar which I really enjoyed. I consider myself easy to get along with and good company to boot.

Precipice

Thats bull.
is an Artist Alumnus
Username: precipice
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: precipice
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5-8pm gmt.
What tier do you want to learn?: Bw OU/ Ubers. (prefer OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I've been playing pokemon competitviely for about a year now, In that time I managed to get a decent grasp of gen4 and was starting to get quite good at it when gen5 came out. I was tutored by Mekkah for while and he did a pretty damn good job of brining me from a noob to somebody who could battle competently- so I realise it's a bit greedy asking to be tutored again, but I'm really struggling with the transition to gen5. I would say I'm a competent battler, I'm not great and I've never broken 1250 on the laddeer, closest I got was around 1235. My main weaknesd is teambuilding, I have the basics of battling but I need a lot of fine tuning to push me up. I've tried practice and there just seems to be something missing y'know?

Username: HardCore
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: HardCore, HardCoreTest, ihopethisworks
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: eastern after 6 pm MT , TH F and after 4 W. Saturday any time Sunday after 3:30 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: I want to learn BW/OU and UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an average nerdy teenager who plays pokemon. I am actually good at it but not quite 1450+ material on the ladder. I am new to UU however. I respond well to details and constant practice. Lately I have been getting better through obvservation and test battles that are taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)