Apprentice Program: Round Fifty

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASSIGNED TO Mekkah

Username: Blazin Kickin Chicken
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: BKC | By Demons Be Driven
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, 7-9 PM on weekedays and 6-11 PM on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Teenager. I play video games, basketball, chase girls, hang with friends etc

Username: OdeDischarge
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: OdeDischarge or Discharge
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (Central Time) Mondays and Thursdays are best around 5:00pm-9:00pm and Saturday and Sunday from 1:00pm-9:00pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU; I would like to focus on prediction and other basic battle skills.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a Minnesota High school student who has been playing Pokemon for about 8 years and just recently happened to stumble upon competitive Pokemon.

Username: wicked_cj13
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Plato, Xeroxic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5-11, more on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like pokemon and chess -- I signed up for a tutor back in DPP OU, but he said I was too good for him

Username: Granstafer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Granstafer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST), Monday-Tuesday: almost never. Wednesday: 8:45-9:15 PM, Thursday: 7:45-9:15 PM, Friday: 9:15-10:30 PM (hopefully) Saturday: 9:30 AM-12:00PM, 7:15-10:30 PM Sunday: never. Do note that I may have to leave at a moment's notice and may be back at a moment's notice. Times are subject to change, especially on Saturday, where I may have more time one Saturday, and not be on at all on another.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, for now.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, as you can see, I am a very busy person. I get caught up in everything, really. I would like to focus on my battle skills, such as prediction, which are really horrible. I am a decent teambuilder, but I could use some help there too.

Rejected in round 49 so... yeah.

Username: CPU
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Gimmix, Atoyont
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7; 15:00-17:30 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday; 10:00 and onward on Saturday.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU or BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been somewhat into competitive Pokémon for a while, but I've never really become good.

Username: purplefingers
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Purplefingers, and whole lot of others
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 3-9pm in GMT-4
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been into this for a little while now, and I'm not too bad. However, I cannot for the life of me figure this tier out. I can predict semi-well and can build a half decent team, but I can never be "great" in bw. I was tutored very well once before, so I'd appreciate it if i could get someone who really knows what they're doing in bw ou.

Besides this stuff I'm an average kid who plays sports and just likes to stay busy.

ASSIGNED TO Stone_Cold

Username: Eos
PO/Shoddy Username: Eos
Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 and usually around 5-10 (depending on the day and how busy I am with school and work).
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU or DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon competitively for nearly a year now, and I consider myself to be an average - good player. I can predict well, but I really would like some help with team development and team building. Been trying this for a few times, so it'd be wonderful if someone would like to tutor me this time. :)
In real life, I am a lifeguard at my local YMCA, a captain of the Y swim team (among other sports like most teens), and in 9th grade in high school.

Thanks for your time!

Username: Expeditious.
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Expeditious.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6, 09:00-15:00.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been sporadically lurking around for a few years, but for various reasons I haven't really gotten into it until recently when I was looking for something to do and realized that the mindset I had gotten into and the talents I had picked up from other things would make it easy to get into competitive battling since I was already halfway there. So I did. I'd say I have the general stuff down by now, along with being good on the theorycraft from lurking and researching and such but my actual battling experience is limited, which is why I was waiting for the next round to come up.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
ASSIGNED TO JabbaTheGriffin

Username: Furai
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: PO: Furai/Example, Shoddy: Furai
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 - I'm usually available when I'm on which is from around 3PM my time. I'm on most of the hours, not always though.
What tier do you want to learn?: Focus on BW OU and BW Ubersת ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm a competitive battler for a year and a half, serious battling for a year. I wouldn't say I'm a bad battler, but I do have place to improve at like team building and mainly - battle skills like predictions etc. Besides school and Pokemon I enjoy hanging out with my friends.

If possible I would like to be paired with Nachos again.

Shoot, I always miss when this opens up. Anyway, for hopes of squeezing in or perhaps getting priority for next time:

Username: Dr. Eyepatch
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dr. Eyepatch/Mr. Test
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central ST, usually after 9 pm; may be able to compromise another time.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU specifically, since I want the freedom of being able to use any non-Uber pokemon I desire.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well... Gastrodon is my favorite pokemon and I like to use it whenever possible, just to get that out of the way. I am not exactly new to the competitive environment, but I never really played/learned to play competitively. I am quick to understand things and have an out-of-the-box or roundabout way of thinking yet I am able to do so with efficiency and develop successful ideas, in a non-contrived manner. I am also very fond of strategy-based games and often do well in them. Feel free to ask me anything else you may want to know.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Username: AlphaWolf
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: AlphaWolf
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 (UK) 7AM-1AM (Will stay up/get early if that's when you're free). Only free from June 7th, the day of my last A-Level exam.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 17 year old first year sixth-former from England. I'm studying Computing, Maths, Physics and Geography at A-Level. I'm hoping to develop my first iOS App over the upcoming holidays, since I was learning before I started revising. I've been playing Pokemon since Red came out, but I've just got into RNG/Competitive last year, and I'd love to learn more :D

ASSIGNED TO KEVIN GARRETT

Username: Orugos
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Orugos
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST/ GMT-5, and my time is 100% flexible right now, though afternoon hours of 1:00PM to midnight are preferrable.
What tier do you want to learn?: UU preferrably, but OU is fine too. c:
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an artist in college, not quite sure what I'm doing in life, but I guess relevantly I draw pokemans and don't know much about playing it, but I would really like to learn. I've tried to flounder around a bit myself and I still feel pretty lost. Thank you for considering me!

Username: Tortferngatr
Pokemon Online Username (does not use Shoddy anymore): Tortferngatr
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, I.E. EST. Normally available in that timezone between 4-5:30, 8:00-9:00 on weekdays, and generally available on the weekend.
What tier do you want to learn?: Primarily, BW OU. Secondarily, information on how to adapt to a new metagame.
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently a sophomore in high school in Greater Cincinnati. Likes math.

I attempted to get into the Pt OU metagame, but after several failed attempts to get a tutor (failed mostly due to timing issues), I decided to wait for BW to avoid being in the "generation gap" situation ADV players I heard faced in DPP OU.

This approach backfired, thanks to many Gen IV concepts being far more applicable to Gen V than Gen III to Gen IV, especially early Gen V-and after several times in which I abused a stereotypical rain team at about an 1100 rating (and had many lulz using Drain Punch SD Ludicolo against Ferrothorns), I got out of the loop.

I would like to get back in the game. I would prefer being tutored by someone who has played many metagames (and thusly knows how to adapt to different metagames) but has particular skill at B/W. Would also prefer a well-known tutor with a good rating-but doesn't everybody?

Also, I was waitlisted for rounds 48 and 49.

Username: -Charmander-
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Charmander, Testmander
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 4-10 PM (Mon-Thurs) and 10 AM-2 PM + 5 PM-11 PM (Fri-Sun)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Uber, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: My main focus as of now, other than school, is sports and athletics. I love to swim and play hockey, and I also enjoy basketball, soccer, and tennis. I enjoy going out with my friends to various places and other social activities a lot. On a Pokemon-related note, I play Little Cup almost exclusively, and while I do have experience with other tiers, it's really only Little Cup (and DPP UU) where I excel. I like to try new things too, and with some help, I can probably get just as good in other tiers! :)

Username: jds24
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Bladeezz (or some variant with a number after it)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Timezone = West Coast, California. Available weekdays from 6-8:30, most of the weekends usually.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a freshman in highschool and play tons of baseball. I love comedy central and have been playing pokemon since gen 1. Also a big xbox live player, the new gears of war 3 beta was awesome, and BF3 looks godly. I've been playing competitive pokemon for about 3 months now and have gotten most of my friends into it. It really blew my mind when I found out pokemon was as strategic as it was and not just juvenile and somewhat shallow. I've been ranking in rank on PO from 200-800 and feel like I'm really close to making the leap to being a player who is consistently above 200.

Username:YAYtears
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:YAYtears;kidsexchange
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:PST (GMT -8) 4-8P.M.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU and Dream World it will become an official tier!
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm an atheltic nerd and have had decent success on both ladders.

Username: Brammi (ILoveLiza)
PO/Shoddy Nick: Brammi/ILoveLiza
Timezone/Hours: GMT+10 Times vary.
Tier: BW OU
Other Shizz: Been around for a long time. GOT MY NEW INTERNET TODAY so I can actually participate in the gen. Most people that have been around know the rest.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
ASSIGNED TO DRACOMALFOY

Requesting DracoMalfoy, he agreed to tutor me.
Username: Nails
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Nails
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Whenever. I'm very active. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I met Draco on PO late one night, and we had a conversation that culminated with him offering to tutor me in adv, which I evthusiastically accepted.
Personal info: I live in Michigan. I'm a junior in high school. I play hockey and golf, and I'm on my school's quiz bowl team. I play the saxophone, but not well.

Username: Bowl Cut
Pokemon Online Username: Bowl Cut
Your time Zone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, available between 8-11 PM on weekdays, (around) 8-12 PM on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just an ordinary 14 year old dude who lives in Macao who likes to talk to friends on Skype or just hang out in real life. I usually play video games in my free time, mainly MMOs and Pokemon here and there.

Username: DankDawson
Pokemon Online/ Shoddy Username: Dawson
Your timezone and usual hourse of availability: Pacific, available 3:00-4:30 PM, and 6:30-9:00 on the week days, weekends can be inconsistent, however I'm usually alwasy available.
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Dawson, and I've always wanted to be in the top 10 on a Smogon server. For awhile I attempted to do it alone, and peaked at #243 on Pokemon Lab, but that was back in Gen 4. With a little help, hopefully I can achieve my childhood dream of becoming the very best! :D I struggle mainly in team building, and I would appreciate absolutely any help, my favorite playstyle is offensive, mainly bulky offense or balanced. Thank you for reading.

Username: DialaceStarvy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: DialaceStarvy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 5:00pm - 8:00pm GMT
Tell us a little about yourself: I've improved quite a lot from the last round, but I still need some work.

Username: AJC
Age 24
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: AJC
What tier do you want to learn?[/B] BW OU
Your timezone and usual hours of availability i'm generally active 10 hours in a day but i can work to fit someone's time patterns. -5 GMT EasternTimeZone
Tell us a little about yourself: just a old user who in a really dire losing streak and needs to see if tutoring will help him.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: matty
Age 22
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: matty
What tier do you want to learn? BW OU
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST: Colorado
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a lame mod that is bad at BW OU, halp! \o/

Bloo

Banned deucer.
OK, we have more than enough sign-ups. Thanks for showing interest in being tutored, everyone!

I'll do tutor assignments as soon as possible.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tutor assignments are up! I tried to be as reasonable as possible when pairing up people who didn't have a similar timezone but did match the tier-preference requisite, and vice versa. Check the OP of this thread to get the list of R50's assignments!

Important: Tutees should keep in mind that contacting your tutor and staying in touch with him is mostly up to you. I've included a link to each tutors' profile in the OP to make it easier for tutees to get in touch with them.

If there are any problems that arise during this round, please feel free to contact either myself or the other members of the Battling 101 staff.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)