The Next Megaman Game In America?

Ok so There were the battle network games on Gameboy Advance and all of the Starforce games, but what is next?

In Japan they came out with a japanese only megaman game last year that was Battle Network crossed with Starforce, which a was wanted in America. Unfortunetly that did not happen and I am curious if anyone knows if there will be another megaman game coming out this year on the Nintendo Ds or 3Ds. If anyone knows anything about a new Megaman game that is coming out in America? Please post here :|

Ok so There were the battle network games on Gameboy Advance and all of the Starforce games, but what is next?

In Japan they came out with a japanese only megaman game last year that was Battle Network crossed with Starforce, which a was wanted in America. Unfortunetly that did not happen and I am curious if anyone knows if there will be another megaman game coming out this year on the Nintendo Ds or 3Ds. If anyone knows anything about a new Megaman game that is coming out in America? Please post here :|
it wasnt really battle network crossed with star force. it was a port of the first battle network game (which was awful, let's be realistic) with one mission involving star force thrown in at the end. it really wouldn't have been worth bringing over here.

the first battle network game was pretty bad... i'm sincerely sad they stopped creating battle network games, they were seriously entertaining. JACK IN

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I stumbled across this the other day while perusing the upcoming releases list on GameFAQs.

Mega Man Legends 3 is the first Capcom game to be co-developed by the fans. Prototype Version gives players the first taste of Mega Man's upcoming open-world action/adventure game, and lets them see a game still early in the development process. It also introduces a new character to the franchise, the reckless leader of a sky biker gang, Barrett.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope the next game is Mega Man 11. Numbers 9 and 10 weren't as amazing as the first couple, but they were still solid.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Groundless speculation ahoy.

Just wait, Capcom haven't finished with this cash cow by a long shot. I'm sure something will be announced soon.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I was a big fan of the BN series (hence where I got my name...). BN1 was rather horrible, and meshing it with Star Force (note I fucking hate Star Force) just made it worse.

I stumbled across this the other day while perusing the upcoming releases list on GameFAQs.
My friend actually helped develop an npc for megaman legends 3! I think its awesome that they're getting the fans involved. It'll be such a worthwhile game because of it

i'm glad to see so much BN support. i think it's my favourite game series ever!!! i distinctly remember seeing japanese footage of bn3 and being beside myself with glee and anticipation. those 6 months of waiting for a localization were just awful. when it finally arrived, i'll never forget the hours and hours i put into grinding chips for the chip trader, trying desperately to get some prism j's. it's a shame the series never got more mainstream love, as the battle system in most versions had a lot of competitive merit.

brief reviews

bn1: awful game. it's just... it isn't a good game, by any stretch. clearly a ton of good ideas but it's just so crude and rudimentary and there's so little variation. some boss battles were downright frustrating. maybe it's just that i was 11 or something, but s-ranking sharkman's final form was not reasonable. also elecman's stage with those terrifying little green creatures that were more husk than program??? no thanks. anticlimactic last boss though.

bn2: might be my favourite game. the sheer volume of improvement from the first game is honestly astounding. so many brilliant things introduced, the music was better, the general internet was better, the overworld was better (except i really wanted to go to yumland...), there was some awesome post-game shit, bass started showing his true colours as one bad motherfucker. the (rather rickety) framework was set for an interesting competitive game. unfortunately, gater was bullshit (900 damage... k...........................) and so was *-coded lifesword 3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9SWSwbYaA this showcases the outstanding standard internet music AND the baleful undernet music. ignore the fact that this video was made by a ten year old.

bn3: the other contender for my favourite in the series. imo a better game than 2, but the level of improvement wasn't nearly as striking as it was from 1-2. but really, the addition of the navicust added some amazing customization. this game had oodles and oodles of post-game stuff, and the general feel of the undernet/secret area was nonpareil. the feeling of beating the last boss, getting a star for it, then realizing there were another six stars to get, then an upgraded final boss after getting all 7? i had no choice but to prostrate myself before inafune. i did some netbattling with my friend in this one too, and combat was a lot of fun. super fast-paced with lots of viable folders.

bn4: really underrated as a game. got a ton of heat for being kind of shitty compared to 3, but most people were too superficial to delve beneath the chibi exterior and find the sumptuous meat within. the game was much too repetitive, but souls were an interesting addition, as were dark chips (despite the fact that you basically couldn't use dark chips without permanently damaging mega man). remember the spooky noises the game made when you highlighted a dark chip? something evil beckons............. also this game introduced full synchro, which was an amazing addition. added an extra layer of timing to the game!!!

bn5: liberation missions were kind of weird?? i liked them i think. the ds version of this game letting you have two different versions of bass soul was a fucking amazing addition. 300 damage hell's rolling as charge shots??? yes please. i kind of forget if this game had any competitive potential, but i think this is when they started being very restrictive on folder composition, which definitely helped in maintaining some form of balance.

bn6: this game could have been a lot more engaging. it wasn't that bad a game, pretty much par for the course with bn games; fetch quests, muck-diving, running back and forth. merging with the cybeasts made you feel powerful though. i've heard some of the pros say this game had the most competitive worth, and i've always wanted to replay it with that in mind. the folder building was very limiting iirc, you could only have so many of a certain chip depending on its mb? crosses were well-handled albeit inchoate. certainly a step up from souls, though. i miss ac/dc town though.........

see glen I would pretty much agree with your post except I'm going to go ahead and say that 6 was my favourite save for 3. I mean, BN3 was my first battle network game, and my friend got white at the same time I got blue and we battled and traded and just had a blast, plus it was just a great game overall, and holy shit did I love the style changes!!

BN4 was a big step down gameplay wise, and I could tell, although the sprites didn't bug me as much because I wasn't used to the old ones the way some older fans were. Overall pretty good except game play wise it was repetitive and the dark chip mechanic was just horrible overall. Souls were pretty neat.

BN5 was a huge step up from 4, but the whole liberation thing seemed a bit forced idk. It was still a pretty neat thing to play with I guess.

BN6 was just amazing in every way, it sort of bought back the series to the level that BN3 was on. The cross mechanic was pretty neat, it let the game "flow" more and the beast mechanic was very cool as well. I still play this with my friend every once in a while (we continued the trend of buying the opposite version that the other got after BN3). IDK I just loved this game so much and I still do

I recently played BN2 and having not played 1 I guess I can't appreciate how much of a step up it is? It was still a really great game.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
bn1: awful game. it's just... it isn't a good game, by any stretch. clearly a ton of good ideas but it's just so crude and rudimentary and there's so little variation. some boss battles were downright frustrating. maybe it's just that i was 11 or something, but s-ranking sharkman's final form was not reasonable. also elecman's stage with those terrifying little green creatures that were more husk than program??? no thanks. anticlimactic last boss though.
I think the few things I liked about BN1 were limited to Elecman (one of my favorite navis), and maybe Fireman. Boss battles were kind of awkward though, but my biggest problem was the entire thing was awkward in general. The extra chip system wasn't a bad idea, but being able to draw half your folder by Turn 3 can be pretty broken in the later stages of the game (early on? Not so much.). Even if it is inefficient of sorts. I also hated how easy it was to get lost in the damned game as soon as you went into the internet. That was another thing that was quickly ruined for me. I kind of liked Life Virus though. MagicMan? Eh, annoying as shit when I first played.
bn2: might be my favourite game. the sheer volume of improvement from the first game is honestly astounding. so many brilliant things introduced, the music was better, the general internet was better, the overworld was better (except i really wanted to go to yumland...), there was some awesome post-game shit, bass started showing his true colours as one bad motherfucker. the (rather rickety) framework was set for an interesting competitive game. unfortunately, gater was bullshit (900 damage... k...........................) and so was *-coded lifesword 3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9SWSwbYaA this showcases the outstanding standard internet music AND the baleful undernet music. ignore the fact that this video was made by a ten year old.
In the Japan version there was a more bullshit PA though (Darkness bwahahahaha), but being able to make almost any chip a * code is kind of broken. Being able to make Gater pretty early in the game was pretty cheap though. I agree the music was great, and they did an excellent job with polishing everything.
bn3: the other contender for my favourite in the series. imo a better game than 2, but the level of improvement wasn't nearly as striking as it was from 1-2. but really, the addition of the navicust added some amazing customization. this game had oodles and oodles of post-game stuff, and the general feel of the undernet/secret area was nonpareil. the feeling of beating the last boss, getting a star for it, then realizing there were another six stars to get, then an upgraded final boss after getting all 7? i had no choice but to prostrate myself before inafune. i did some netbattling with my friend in this one too, and combat was a lot of fun. super fast-paced with lots of viable folders.
I only have one real complaint with BN3. FOLDERBACK. Good fuck what a broken chip. Even if it barred you from having a Gigachip, it almost didn't matter. The different styles to obtain in this game was definitely awesome, and I just loved some of the bosses.

Except BubbleMan and DrillMan. Fucking bullshit.
bn4: really underrated as a game. got a ton of heat for being kind of shitty compared to 3, but most people were too superficial to delve beneath the chibi exterior and find the sumptuous meat within. the game was much too repetitive, but souls were an interesting addition, as were dark chips (despite the fact that you basically couldn't use dark chips without permanently damaging mega man). remember the spooky noises the game made when you highlighted a dark chip? something evil beckons............. also this game introduced full synchro, which was an amazing addition. added an extra layer of timing to the game!!!
I found BN4's few good things limited to what they added. Full Synchro could get pretty broken with Hockey Chips, and Dark Soul is a beast. It actually isn't bad for competitive if you can get past Hockey.
bn5: liberation missions were kind of weird?? i liked them i think. the ds version of this game letting you have two different versions of bass soul was a fucking amazing addition. 300 damage hell's rolling as charge shots??? yes please. i kind of forget if this game had any competitive potential, but i think this is when they started being very restrictive on folder composition, which definitely helped in maintaining some form of balance.
Competitive folders on this were pretty dry. You relied A LOT on Blinder because many of the good chips flinched like crazy. From what I know of, Gyrosoul folder was pretty good, KnightSoul folder was good but you were pretty limited to what you could have, etc.
bn6: this game could have been a lot more engaging. it wasn't that bad a game, pretty much par for the course with bn games; fetch quests, muck-diving, running back and forth. merging with the cybeasts made you feel powerful though. i've heard some of the pros say this game had the most competitive worth, and i've always wanted to replay it with that in mind. the folder building was very limiting iirc, you could only have so many of a certain chip depending on its mb? crosses were well-handled albeit inchoate. certainly a step up from souls, though. i miss ac/dc town though.........
I think BN6 crawled to be my favorite, for some reason. Anyway, the folder restrictions are:
1-19 MB: 5 copies of a chip in the folder
20-29 MB: 4 copies of a chip in the folder
30-39 MB: 3 copies of a chip in the folder
40-49 MB: 2 copies of a chip in the folder
50 + MB: 1 copy of the chip

And you can tag up to 60 MB. BN6 is a lot of fun. I also had a few folder submissions, though sadly my best one (Numbchuck Namco) never made it to the Renowned List despite it being pretty good.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oh my goodness i need to play some battle network like right now

2, 3, and 6 were my faves, no surprises there, in that order too

They need to take the Battle Network idea and offer greater customization and random online battling. It has potential to be really fun if only Capcom realized the potential sitting under their noses.

Ah yes, <3 BN.

I'm surprised that Megaman Zero hasn't been mentioned once in this thread. It's easily my favorite series in the franchise.

Megaman Zero 1:

Zero 1 was a solid game in and of itself, but it is certainly the least polished. The style is also quite different in terms of backround, music, etc. Boss fights are certainly a challenge, although really only Angel X is on par with any of harder bosses later in the series. Level and mission designs were pretty cool, but nothing too challenging compared to other levels the game can throw at you. Also the final level theme is great.

Zero 2:

Favorite in the series. The boss designs are just really great, with some of my favorite fights in the series. Elpizo is a complete waste of a character early on, but man is that boss fight amazing. Supreme Ruler, the fight's theme, is also incredible. Overall the game is far more polished than Zero 1, including a the EX System, which is cool for those of you who don't bother going for 100% completion on Hard Mode. The level designs are amazing, including the music, and the Bomber Run mission is hands down the hardest in the series.

Zero 3:

Best in terms of gameplay. Level designs are even more interesting than Zero 2, and the music is almost on par (Sub Arcadia and Snowy Plains in particular). Bosses have some pretty interesting desings, although a handful of them are completely useless (Voltelle Biblio, Chilldre Inarabitta, etc.). The callback boss fights were pretty interesting too, Hanumachine is somehow even more of a fucker than before, and Phantom is one of the most difficult fights in the game to come through unscathed.

The plot twist at the end was jaw dropping, and the fight was plenty of fun. (Although, as ZX showed us, it's a good think he was so fucking slow). Cannonball is also just an incredible piece of music.

Zero 4:

Perhaps the weakest of the series, the weather system was cool, but the overall challenge of the levels is pretty low. They're all fairly fun, with the exception of Minos Magus's level, but none of the bosses with the exception of Fenri Lunaedge pose any real threat. But then there's Craft. Easily one of the hardest bosses in the series, because he's just so fucking random. Also for the second fight he blows the room apart, which is pretty cool.

The finale was amazing, easily one of the best I've seen in a series. You can't get much more climactic than that fight managed to.

As for the series' successors, ZX and ZX: Advent, maybe I'll make a post later about them, as I like them both quite a bit.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Despite BN1 not being the shining jewel of the series, I definitely loved it for what it was. And despite an anti-climactic final battle, The LifeVirus remains one of my favorite final bosses ever, merely for its design. It and the LifeVirus R in Network Transmission held a spot in my heart, and it sucks they didn't go further with them.

4 I hated. Not just because of the sprite style change (which admit it, was rather awful) but playing through the story mode like 6 times in a row was fucking grueling work and wasn't fun in the least. Not to mention if you were careless and flew through the game, you could miss certain virus chips because for some retarded reason it felt the need to update virus versions with each playthrough, causing you to lose out on outdated forms and consequently their chips as well.

But the Battle Network and the X series will forever be my favorite game series ever.

BN 1 : Bad. The only thing good here is the Hub form during final boss

BN 2 : Crazy Awesome. Though like everyone said Gater is BS. SO is T Code Folder(lol i spam my toadman and spam tornadoooo). Hubstyle is too broken though(although getting it is a bitch)

BN 3 : Now if only this game doesnt contain 80 % BS overpowere chip this would be the best game like forever. Its good, the boss is good enough, but with the broken chip you can found its pretty much Boss 1 > use broken chip you can abuse here > win.

Im staring at you FolderBack, NaviRecycle, SENSOR, FREAkING SENSOR, IMBA OP SENSOR, ELEMENTAL SONIC BOOM, FLASH FREAKING MAN, and E coded Folder complete with their own SENSOR OF DOOM and Electric eye

BN 4 : Bad in term of downgrading but its still good. We still have our PA here. Although the light power up is too broken.

BN 5 : The only Mega Man BN game ever to be balanced. Its also one if not the hardest game here(although if you have blinder youre set pretty much).
Also some of teh feature here and some of the souls are pretty fun.

BN 6 : BEST BN EVER. Among new era BN this is the best game. great story, great feature(cross and beast) and the broken chip is not very broken(Judgeman, Elementman, Killerman) compared to the oldies(hello sensor)
The game is pretty fun with the only downside being it is too easy(seriously gregar is a joke)

Tbh my favorite was BN 6 I was pretty upset that they ended the game there. I don't see why they couldn't just make a game with Lan's son. It would be really nice if they continued the series.

I like Starforce because I was so good at it. Tbh I don't see why people hate it.... It contained the most skill and options at a high pace in comparison to BN, which could get pretty fast. Especially when i battled Bass GX OMG I was moving so fast with the fire form it was beast!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)