Best Users of EVIOLITE

I don't see why it would be incredibly hard to set up. Reuniclus works great in OU, so I don't see why little brother Duosion couldn't work at least decently in UU. Yes, yes, I know Reuniclus is much better and blah blah, but this is a different tier.

And Duosion has decent bulk with Eviolite, but most importantly, you have to take into consideration that has reliable, instant recovery and an immunity to Burn/Toxic/Hail/Sandstorm/Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock/Leech Seed.
Better tier or not, doesn't change the fact that UU has the sheer power to wreck Duosion.

The reason I didn't max the HP, is
1. pain split and
2. This way, you get the highest investment of both DEF AND sDEF.
Higher stats with lower HP = taking more % damage from attacks. Pain Split doesn't seem like a good enough reason to sacrifice bulk...

Anyway, uh Cottonee is about as annoying to get rid of as its' evolved counterpart, with no real losses in the movepool or ability department. Like with Blissey/Chansey, the only significant loss is Leftovers.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For anyone who wants to use Eviolite Scyther, I'm pretty sure you can get optimum bulk with 84 HP EVs and 212 in each defense. I could be wrong, though. This obviously doesn't apply if you're trying to maximize special or physical bulk at the cost of the other.
That's good to know. However, I believe that if you are running a defensive Scyther, then you probably picked the wrong Pokemon. If you are using Scyther, you really should be utilizing its great Speed, and possibly its great attack. He can't really wall, only tank, and the extra bulk should be used to let him get some boosts and sweep, which he really needs the speed for.

double status or toxic stall nosepass. works well in sandstorm

Nosepass
@Eviolite
Impish
252 DEF, 252 SP. DEF, 4 HP
-Toxic
-Pain Split/Rest
-Taunt/Stealth Rock/Protect/Block/T-wave/Magic Coat/Volt Switch/Discharge
-Taunt/Stealth Rock/Protect/Block/T-wave/Magic Coat/Volt Switch/Discharge

Pain Split/Rest for recovery. Toxic to stall. After that, tons of options. Taunt to stop people from setting up on you, SR support, Protect for it's synergy with toxic, Block to trap your poisoned foe, T-wave for more status support, Magic Coat can be used in addition to or in replace of one of the other support moves. It allows you to reflect back t-wave, SR, as well as leech seed, will-o-wisp, toxic, confuse ray, stat altering moves, etc.

Volt Switch to deal damage and scout, and Discharge to deal damage and paralyze, but the main reason for running the latter is skarm trapping in OU with Magnet Pull. Can use some SP.ATK EVs. I suppose you could also put a small dent in something like evo-togetic? his sp.atk is just lol though

breh

強いだね
For anyone who wants to use Eviolite Scyther, I'm pretty sure you can get optimum bulk with 84 HP EVs and 212 in each defense. I could be wrong, though. This obviously doesn't apply if you're trying to maximize special or physical bulk at the cost of the other.
I'm fairly positive that this is incorrect.

Adamant (for the sake of calculations) Scyther is used.

344 (max HP) * 228 (128 EVs) = 78432
302 (84 HP EVs) * 249 (212 EVs) = 75198

Yeah, that's definitely incorrect. I'm not sure what's most efficient, but your spread is not it. In any case, Scyther probably isn't the best user of Eviolite. It's always been best as a hit and runner, not a bulky setup poke.

@Nosepass:

Nidoqueen. What now? Conversely, Substitute.

Otherwise, remember: Whenever you're using Eviolite, a 1.5 boost to both defences is like a 1.5 boost to HP. This makes it far easier to calculate effective bulk since you have 1 stat instaed of 2.

EDIT: What I meant is there is an easier method to calculate effective base HP with max HP. I.E., riolu has effective base 111 HP with eviolite; this just allows for a quicker comparison most of the time (unless the pokemon has obscenely large base HP to start with, like wailmer or Chansey). I'm not saying it should be used for damage calcs, but merely base stat calcs.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Breludicolo, that's not technically correct. It's close, but not correct.

Using Smogon Damage Calc:
252 Atk Netural Heracross Close Combat vs 1056 HP 252 Def Bold Chansey: 71.6% - 84.3%

252 Atk Netural Heracross Close Combat vs 704 HP 252 Def Bold +1 Chansey: 71.9% - 84.7%

sure, it's .3-.4% different, but it's still different. Just do calcs with +1 Def/SpD :/

I have only tried using the Eviolite with Dusclops and have had quite the success with it. I usually run it in Doubles as a supportive 'mon...

Pain Spilt
Will-O-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Shadow Sneak

I wanted to use this, But I figured sucker punch is better then shadow sneak, as it hits EVERY pokemon, and i'm seeing milktank a lot as of now, so sucker-punch is better for the kill. I have used confuse ray too, but i feel the seismic toss is needed incase of revenging a poke.

breh

強いだね
you're too low in the ladder for your own good, lol

just use night shade; trust me, Dusclops can't do damage.

Chansey. Max physical bulk. Impossible to kill.

Has around a 30% chance to live a +6 return from a standard snorlax when at full health.

Chansey learns counter. GG.

Uh, what about the greatness of the pre-pseudos. Fraxure can destroy a lot in LU/UU.
Fraxure@Eviolite
252 attack/252 defense/6.Defense
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Dig?/Return?/(insert Steel remover here)

Yeah, badly written but the point is that Fraxure is pretty beastly... Shelgon works too except 131 att and put the remainder on S.Defense or Hp. Also on Shelgon, 150 defense and the rest also on S.Defense or Hp

Cranidos and Kadabra are too frail. Cranidos is also really slow.

Rhydon still has one of the worst sets of weaknesses among all Pokemon. Its typing is meant to be offensive rather than defensive, and because of that, Rhyperior is almost always superior (ohoho) imo. It has higher Attack and the ability to hold things like Life Orb and Choice Band, and it even has solid rock to somewhat make up for the lack of Eviolite.

Uh, what about the greatness of the pre-pseudos. Fraxure can destroy a lot in LU/UU.
Just wanted to point out that Haxorus isn't a pseudo-legendary. Also, so this post has some use...

Anybody tried Rhydon/Lairon/Cranidos/Kadabra?
Lairon is cool, with that 150 BP STAB making up for his otherwise lacklustre offense. Sand + Evolite also make him incredibly bulky on his special side. That reliance on weather and weakness or neutrality to a lot of special attacks does unfortnately leave him to the role of taking on sweepers with limited coverage/ability to boost and a resisted STAB. It's a shame that he can't even touch one of the most powerful special attackers in the tier, Nidoking.

Lairon can OHKO Nidoking with Metal Burst (if it runs Sturdy) and use Earthquake, and boost its speed with Rock Polish. It is actually an incredibly useful Pokemon, and should not be overlooked. It is also almost guaranteed the KO with Metal BUrst and Sturdy against Ground-type and FIghting-type attacks when Eviolite becomes useless.

Anybody tried Rhydon/Lairon/Cranidos/Kadabra?
I've seen a Rest/Sleep Talk/EQ/Dragon Tail Rhydon set with Sand and entry hazard support and it really annoyed me, but Rhyperior can do the same thing (although I'm not sure if it does better or worse)

Like mentioned above, Cranidos/Kadabra are way too frail to benefit from Eviolite. Lairon might work nicely though, I'm not sure.

Just wanted to point out that Haxorus isn't a pseudo-legendary. Also, so this post has some use...

Lairon is cool, with that 150 BP STAB making up for his otherwise lacklustre offense. Sand + Evolite also make him incredibly bulky on his special side. That reliance on weather and weakness or neutrality to a lot of special attacks does unfortnately leave him to the role of taking on sweepers with limited coverage/ability to boost and a resisted STAB. It's a shame that he can't even touch one of the most powerful special attackers in the tier, Nidoking.
The irony is that Mold Breaker Fraxure can OHKO Lairon with Earthquake.

EDIT: ok, derp, never mind, Fraxure can't EQ for some reason. what.

Higher stats with lower HP = taking more % damage from attacks. Pain Split doesn't seem like a good enough reason to sacrifice bulk...
You are right, but the explanation is wtong. Pokemon with good defenses and low HP (base stat wise) should always have their HP maxed, true, but the real reason is:

Lets say EVs give 20 points in the stats, and our pokemon, without EVs, have 20 hp and 100 defense.
-252/128/128 spread will have 40/110/110 defense stats, meaning it will be 120% bulkier than the original spread.
-0/252/252 spread would have 20/120/120 defense stats, meaning it will be 20% bulkier than the original spread.

breh

強いだね
You are right, but the explanation is wtong. Pokemon with good defenses and low HP (base stat wise) should always have their HP maxed, true, but the real reason is:

Lets say EVs give 20 points in the stats, and our pokemon, without EVs, have 20 hp and 100 defense.
-252/128/128 spread will have 40/110/110 defense stats, meaning it will be 120% bulkier than the original spread.
-0/252/252 spread would have 20/120/120 defense stats, meaning it will be 20% bulkier than the original spread.
I have no clue what you're saying, but I think aussieman had it right in the first place.

just use x-act's defence applet. Eviolite doesn't factor into calculations at all.

Looking at it now, Lairon looks surprisingly good. effective stats of 140/140/50 (assuming max HP) and a very competent 90 base attack running a 150 BP move seems viable.

Head Smash/Rest/ST/SR looks good.

Also, Magnet Rise/Curse/Head Smash/Rest for trolling.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't understand why people mess with the HP stat. HP never changes. Just do a simple backwards stat calc to get the effective stat. The only difference is that it varies with the EV spread.

For Lairon:

If it runs 252 HP / 252 SpD then it is effectively base 60/221/102
If it runs 252 HP / 252 Def then it is effectively base 60/237/86
or if for some reason you do 252 in both defenses: 60/237/102

I don't understand why people mess with the HP stat. HP never changes. Just do a simple backwards stat calc to get the effective stat. The only difference is that it varies with the EV spread.

For Lairon:

I don't think Lairon has the same HP when he doesn't have something invested.

OT

I use Gurdurr with a simple set like this :

Gurdurr@Eviolite
252HP- 4Atk- 252 SDef Careful
Guts
-Bulk Up
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Stone Edge/Payback

It's freaking crazy. So bulky.

Something I've been playing around with... It's remarkably effective as very little can break it. Very vulnerable to Toxic, though.

Dusclops@Eviolite
Bold
80 HP / 252 Def / 176 SpD

Calm Mind
Pain Split
Shadow Ball
HP Fighting

Yes, it has terrible offenses to begin with, but once you've boosted a bit, Dusclops can hit pretty hard with its perfect coverage, and it's almost impossible to break without status as well (especially as there are no really strong Dark and Ghost-type attacks running around). I've been fooling around with the EVs a little bit, not sure how much HP to invest in against SpD (HP gives it more physical bulk but makes Pain Split less effective).

Substitute might be an alternative to Pain Split, but I think Cresselia runs the defensive SubCM set better.

breh

強いだね

For Lairon:

I do it for convenience's sake. If I give you 60/102 on that Lairon, that's not too geat to judge. However, if I give you 140/140/50, that's more understandable, I feel.

Also, it goes off of the HP stat, which everybody maxes, instead of individual defences (which are split, more often than not). Unless you're talking about high base HP pokes (where hp is npot necessarily maxed), HP provides a better image of bulkiness.

jas61292

used substitute
I don't think Lairon has the same HP when he doesn't have something invested.
Those were effective base stats. Since HP is not effected by the Eviolite, the effective base is just the actual base, which doesn't change with investment.

I do it for convenience's sake. If I give you 60/102 on that Lairon, that's not too geat to judge. However, if I give you 140/140/50, that's more understandable, I feel.

Also, it goes off of the HP stat, which everybody maxes, instead of individual defences (which are split, more often than not). Unless you're talking about high base HP pokes (where hp is npot necessarily maxed), HP provides a better image of bulkiness.
I guess I see what you mean. It's just personal opinion. I just prefer to see what the actual equivalent is for each stat, since that helps me compare them to similar Pokemon. I can quickly look at a list of base stats and see that at 60/102 it takes special hits slightly worse than a Mismagius (60/105). But there is no real Pokemon to get an accurate comparison to for 140/140/50. But if you like that way, then go for it.

EDIT: Well, actually Wigglytuff is exactly 140/50 on the special side. But that usually doesn't work out when you go with high HP stats

EDIT 2: Well, it seems you beat me to telling me that, just on the next page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)