Gen V Initial UU

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You have to get to 1400 to vote. However, there is a possibility (read: MAYBE) that Jabba will open up Special Permission Applications if you missed the requirements.

On a Special Permission Application you would have to tell Jabba what your rating was and why you should still be allowed to vote despite your failure to achieve the requirements.

IIRC if there ARE Special Permission Applications they don't accept that many, so you would really want to boost your rating as much as possible in the next day. Try to get mid-1300s and you might have a chance. A good way to do this would be to spam Drought stuff. That can get you in the 1300s by spamming Vulpix and Fire types/Chlorophyll sweepers.

Yuggles

hey that second guy isn't too bad
sun team beats normal team
anti-sun team beats sun team
normal team beats anti-sun team
sun team beats normal team

etc.

let's get this vote over with.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Fuck that was fast.

When the confirmation thread pops up, just confirm what the name of the account name was that you used to reach the rating.

Seriously Abomasnow,Snorlax, Chansey these suspect tests have become excuses for people to ban anything they have to slightly change their team for or prepare for.

Yuggles

hey that second guy isn't too bad
Yeah, I thought Snorlax was bizarre, but that vote came from a guy who voted for a grand tota of 8 suspects... and Snow Warning sans Kyurem isn't that bad at all. Is there even a difference in hail teams from 4th gen?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I thought Snorlax was bizarre, but that vote came from a guy who voted for a grand tota of 8 suspects... and Snow Warning sans Kyurem isn't that bad at all. Is there even a difference in hail teams from 4th gen?
Not that you can't disagree, but it's weird to call a super moderator and head of the OU tiering process "a guy"... Besides, the only truly unusual nomination he made was Snorlax, as he even said he believes auto-weather is broken in UU so he doesn't want to vote on Kyurem and Victini like 90% of the posters in the thread.

breh

強いだね
How viable is hail anyways right now with sun teams being so common?? I'm curious to try one.
I'd argue that hail is better than sun. All it takes to beat sun is to run a FF Arcanine, something with pursuit, and SR. Also Abomasnow is slower than Vulpix (and arguably better in general as well lol).

Speaking of FF Arcanine, I can't even say how many sweeps I've had when an opponent sets up sun and I'm too lazy to change it back. Flare Blitz boosted by Sun and FF hurts.

Also when is the blind voting thread going to be up?

breh

強いだね
Did you even read the thread?

All UUs in the first round are simply pokemon that are 54th used and under in OU. Chansey sucks in OU (where Sandstorm is omnipresent, it can't damage anything, one of the main sweepers uses it as setup bait (hell, everything uses it as setup bait), and it is arguably outclassed by its superior attack evolution (which can use Flamethrower and the like to do damage to steel types chansey can only dent before they set up on it)); its prominence in UU has nothing to do with its current placement in UU.

When suspect voting begins (why is the thread still not up?), Chansey will likely be banned along with Kyurem, Victini, and Drought, among others.

Did you even read the thread?

All UUs in the first round are simply pokemon that are 54th used and under in OU. Chansey sucks in OU (where Sandstorm is omnipresent, it can't damage anything, one of the main sweepers uses it as setup bait (hell, everything uses it as setup bait), and it is arguably outclassed by its superior attack evolution (which can use Flamethrower and the like to do damage to steel types chansey can only dent before they set up on it)); its prominence in UU has nothing to do with its current placement in UU.

When suspect voting begins (why is the thread still not up?), Chansey will likely be banned along with Kyurem, Victini, and Drought, among others.
To be technical Chansey is completely viable and usable in OU. (:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)