To Ragequit or Not to Ragequit? That is the Question.

PROTIP: consider a Dugtrio.

That Arcanine sweep was awesome. I often face palm myself when that dumb moments happens too lol.
Wow. I'm not the only one who thinks Dugtrio is awesome. He's great when partnered with something rock weak (e.g. Volcarona)

Anyway, great warstory. The battle was bad, but at the same time good. (makes no sense, but whatever). Format was okay, and the commentaries made it complete

One of the funniest warstories on Dragonspiral Tower. (not one of the best though, lol).

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Protip: It was self-degenerating humour.

Obviously this wasnt the greatest battle in the world but that gets a pass as you provided the disclaimer. That said I really enjoyed this. Your commentary was reasonable, certainly enough to tell me what was going on, I enjoyed the humour and despite the bit of hax you showed that you had a potential plan to win after being destroyed by Arcanine. Overall, solid job and I look forward to another warstory once you ingrain yourself further in competitve battling.

the battle was ok....i thought the commentary was good....tbh the only thing that sucked was your team(personal opinion) its a great team but... its SOOOOOO BORING!
7/10

Really funny read. A great thing about this warstory is that it shows that you should never quit! Ragequitters really piss me off especially ones who ragequit after just a few turns because even at 6-3 you have a great chance to win if you have a well built team and a decent strategy. Bravo.

Although this definitely wasn't a very good battle it was absolutely hilarious.

8/10 especially for that skarmory pic hahaha

Err..why did your "opponent" use Dracometeor in the end instead of flamethrower?(not that it mattered much).Anyways nice battle,except for your lack of knowledge about arcanine everything was fine ^_^.

Err..why did your "opponent" use Dracometeor in the end instead of flamethrower?
Because a STAB Draco Meteor is more powerful than a super-effective flamethrower. He should have used flamethrower anyway because there was still a chance of rock slide missing.

Also, to the guys calling his PROTIPS arrogant - he's mocking himself, it's called humour.

Anyway, nice read, and it was cool seeing three of your Pokémon get taken out by Arcanine xD

Also, to the guys calling his PROTIPS arrogant - he's mocking himself, it's called humour.
If I was TotemoIsogashii, I would feel really bad if I was NOT mocking myself with those PROTIPS, and is really serious about them, and you go on how I was aiming for humor.

On the warstory itself, in the past weeks I got the impression that most readers are tired of reading warstories on yet another Sandstorm Excadrill sweep, and this one is not even that great.

and yes, LOSING THREE POKEMON IN A ROW TO UTTER STUPIDITY is a big slop.

If I was TotemoIsogashii, I would feel really bad if I was NOT mocking myself with those PROTIPS, and is really serious about them, and you go on how I was aiming for humor.

On the warstory itself, in the past weeks I got the impression that most readers are tired of reading warstories on yet another Sandstorm Excadrill sweep, and this one is not even that great.

and yes, LOSING THREE POKEMON IN A ROW TO UTTER STUPIDITY is a big slop.
Yeah, those "Protips" were entirely aimed at myself, in case anyone's wondering :P

This Warstory was less about the Sandstorm Excadrill and more about me making stupid mistakes and trying desperately to stay alive despite them, but point taken. Thanks for reading!

Obviously this wasn't the greatest battle in the world, but you had a pretty good comeback. I can't really judge you for being a noob, since I'm one myself! I did enjoy your formatting and commentary. Come back with a good battle and you could end up making a great warstory.

Not the best of battles, but hilarious none the less.
Both you and you're OP played pretty badly, (You getting owned by arcanine, neither side really predicting much or analysing the situation, OP not staying in and drain punching skarm [roost removes flying type, stab SE drain punch = ouch], etc.) but I guess that wasn't really the point. 7.5/10 for self-deprecating humor.

What makes this warstory truely enjoyable is the fact that you acknowledge your misplays and also clearly explain why/how they are misplays. I don't give much care to your humor, but hey, it is bareable. But I think this warstory glamorizes an average battle by a less-than-fantastic player, which is something some people can sympathize with, and also learn from.
7.5/10

I found the battle while poorly played (i'm a noob too though so I can sympathize with some of the mistakes made) was made far more enjoyable thanks to you self-deprecating humor and admittance to making noobish mistakes. For a bit there I thought this was going to be a rare warstory about a loss. So while youmay not win any competative trophies for this battle I can at least say that thanks to lady luck and her wild mood swings (and your utter lack of knowledge of all things arcanine) I present this warstory with a 8/10, I certainly enjoyed it and sympathize with your noobishness.

This was hilarious. The battle was hilariously bad. The storytelling was actually pretty good. I'd say that actual fight was a 2, but its presentation gets an 8 from me.

...Fine, an 8.5 for the Skarm pic.

7/10 great battle there... i love battles that end up really close.. like that battle i had with Zuzu...

for those curious about said battle... search 19-79577-62269

I think that you are a very aspiring writer and I really liked that it was easy to read. Yes, their were missplays but the epic 3% win in the end nullified it lol. Good job

Neat story. I liked how you underestimated Arcanine and got served for it, I thought it was common knowledge Arcanine got CC in BW. That was a great comeback at the end and it just shows you never know when your luck will change.

I can't really slam you on your team because I have every little experience in the BW meta. But in six months of DPP meta I learned that non-OU pokes can still work very well in OU.

funny warstory but the battle wasn't really the most entertaining. Also who is the artist that draws a match girl for the pokemon? Ive seen quite a few of those artworks recently and they are quite good

Decent battle despite the few mistakes you made. Props for not quitting out like most people do when something starts sweeping their team. I personally don't quit myself just because you never know what will happen, and I'm one of those "never give up" kind of guys anyway. The comments were entertaining and the format was pretty good, but the battle itself could've been better. Ah well, it was your first warstory and you did pretty well with it.

And while I may have a low post count, I've lurked around these forums reading through all the warstories for about a month now so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about from the standpoint of a warstory reader.

I thought this was a pretty great warstory. Even if it wasn't an intense battle with tons of amazing predictions on each side, that doesn't make it bad. I think this warstory has great, humorous commentary. I love the part with Arcanine! :p It was very funny!

Rating: pretty awesome/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)