Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys. I had a Wi-Fi battle recently and i figured sth out. My opponent used a Landlorus and he was able to outspeed my Excadrill in SANDSTORM! That souldn't have happened (excadrill is Adamant with Max speed, so it has more than 500 speed in SS, while positive nature max speed choice scarf Landlorus only has around 495 speed) so makes this this guy a person who uses illegal hacks? I didn't save the battle video though

The problem is whilst that guy can tell you what your Hidden Power's type is, you'll have to work out the power it has on your own. The maximum is 70; without being very lucky, a random Pokémon (i.e. not specifically bred for it) will probably have a lower power. Without Hidden Power, Psychic is probably fine to use.
Ahh, thank you! I guess I'll just test it out and see how it works for me. If it's no good, I'll just switch it to Psychic. : )

Hello guys. I had a Wi-Fi battle recently and i figured sth out. My opponent used a Landlorus and he was able to outspeed my Excadrill in SANDSTORM! That souldn't have happened (excadrill is Adamant with Max speed, so it has more than 500 speed in SS, while positive nature max speed choice scarf Landlorus only has around 495 speed) so makes this this guy a person who uses illegal hacks? I didn't save the battle video though
Maybe he have a scarf? Im not sure if a scarfed-landlorus is fast enough to outspeed Sandstorm Excaldrill.. Anyone got the numbers?

Scarf Landorus hits 496 speed, excadrill outspeds in sand with 252 evs and a boosting nature or 5 Speed IVs (0 IV and no boosting nature hits 488).

how can i check if a pokemon is legit?i mean non legit pokes cannot do ir battles or something?
I personally do this to hack-check:
-Make a Battle Video with the Pokemon, and see if it will successfully load onto the Battle Video Gallery, I don't think the hack checker has changed from Platinum.

I've got some questions about berries that are surprisingly hard to find answers for elsewhere, so I'll ask here. Cart is Platinum, in case it matters, though I always like hearing about differences between various generations and carts within a gen.

- Do the flavor like / dislike from natures have any effect on gameplay beyond determining whether the Figy, etc berries cause confusion when ate in-battle? Do they affect contests and poffins and what-not in some way?

- I understand Growth Mulch halves the growth time and Damp Mulch doubles it and they also affect the rate at which the soil dries out, but is this alteration in line with the change in growth time? As in, will the same berry dry out the soil, say, 3 times during it's growth time sans watering regardless of mulch used, or will, say, a growth mulch Pecha berry dry out the soil 4 times over it's ~6 hour growth time and a damp mulch Pecha berry dry out the soil 2 times over it's ~24 hour growth time?

- Are the berry yields entirely keyed to the soil's moisture, or will repeated watering yield more berries even when the soil is moist? The Gamefaq's guide I found on berries (which answered none of these questions, sadly) recommended watering every 1 hour (30 mins with growth mulch, 2 hours with damp mulch) for optimal yield which sounds like massive overkill and doesn't mesh with what I've personally seen so far; what I've seen is that as long as the soil is moist every time the plant transitions to it's next stage it yields max berries.

Don't know why I care so much about berries, but it bothers me when I can't find solid info on something!

I've got some questions about berries that are surprisingly hard to find answers for elsewhere, so I'll ask here. Cart is Platinum, in case it matters, though I always like hearing about differences between various generations and carts within a gen.

- Do the flavor like / dislike from natures have any effect on gameplay beyond determining whether the Figy, etc berries cause confusion when ate in-battle? Do they affect contests and poffins and what-not in some way?
The flavour has an effect mostly in setting up condition for contests. If a Pokémon likes the taste of a Poffin (or in 3rd gen, Pokéblock), it can eat more of them before its sheen ends up full and it can't have its condition increased further; the sheen grows fewer points per Poffin. Likewise, if it dislikes the taste, the sheen grows more per Poffin, which is bad because it leads to you maxing out sheen faster. If you don't care about contests, the flavour is going to be irrelevant because nobody ever uses Figy berry for anything. (I suppose you could use it to slightly raise the evasion of a Spinda, if you were so inclined...)

- I understand Growth Mulch halves the growth time and Damp Mulch doubles it and they also affect the rate at which the soil dries out, but is this alteration in line with the change in growth time? As in, will the same berry dry out the soil, say, 3 times during it's growth time sans watering regardless of mulch used, or will, say, a growth mulch Pecha berry dry out the soil 4 times over it's ~6 hour growth time and a damp mulch Pecha berry dry out the soil 2 times over it's ~24 hour growth time?
(Mulch doesn't exist in Generation III and can't be used in Generation V, so here's a Generation IV answer.) Growth Mulch makes the berry grow 25% faster, but makes the soil dry out 50% faster. Likewise, Damp Mulch makes the berry grow 25% slower, but makes the soil dry out 50% slower. So you need fewer waterings with Damp Mulch, and more with Growth Mulch.

- Are the berry yields entirely keyed to the soil's moisture, or will repeated watering yield more berries even when the soil is moist? The Gamefaq's guide I found on berries (which answered none of these questions, sadly) recommended watering every 1 hour (30 mins with growth mulch, 2 hours with damp mulch) for optimal yield which sounds like massive overkill and doesn't mesh with what I've personally seen so far; what I've seen is that as long as the soil is moist every time the plant transitions to it's next stage it yields max berries.

Don't know why I care so much about berries, but it bothers me when I can't find solid info on something!
In generation III, you just have to water the plant once in each stage of its growth. In Generation IV, though, it's more complex; soil has a rate at which it dries out, and you have to water it before it completely dries out, each time. A berry with the fastest possible drying-out rate (100% drying out per hour) would mean that you had to water the soil every hour, indeed; however, most berries won't require watering nearly so often, and I wouldn't be surprised if once per stage was approximately right for each berry. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any data on what the moisture ratings for various berries are; you could find out by experiment if you were really interested, I suppose. (There's a visual indication; every hour the soil under the berry will get lighter, and the growth rate is 100 divided by the number of hours it takes to reach its lightest stage.)

Khift:

For generation 4, I have a list of berries with data on their moisture intake. Moisture intake is specified as a percentage of moisture the berry plant loses each hour. For Pomeg Berry, Kelpsy Berry, and other Berries that reduce Effort Values, the moisture intake is 8% each hour, so to keep the plant moist it is necessary to water the plant every 13 hours (100 / 8 = 12.5, rounded up to 13). Also, only when the soil is very light does the plant have to be watered in order to maintain its maximum yield.

EDIT: Linked to the correct page.

Khift:

For generation 4, I have a list of berries with data on their moisture intake. Moisture intake is specified as a percentage of moisture the berry plant loses each hour. For Pomeg Berry, Kelpsy Berry, and other Berries that reduce Effort Values, the moisture intake is 8% each hour, so to keep the plant moist it is necessary to water the plant every 13 hours (100 / 8 = 12.5, rounded up to 13). Also, only when the soil is very light does the plant have to be watered in order to maintain its maximum yield.
I think your link's broken; that page is about priority. (I'm pretty curious as to the moisture intake values, too.)

i cant get all of the musical items i cant win anymore i have the cake and crown and belt i have about 97 what should i do now?
and where do i go after getting all 100 to change my card color
?

still looking
Musician Preston in Route 5 gives you Electric Guitar. Tiara is given after you participating the Musical with friend via Wi-Fi or ir.

@callforjudgement, poccil
Thank you; that was exactly what I was looking for. The list in particular is the kind of hard data I wanted and was surprised I couldn't find on any of the wiki sites I visited. It's great to know I don't have to water these things obsessively, even with Growth mulch. With the Sitrus Berries I'm trying to multiply that's a whole one watering every 10 hours for maximum yield. So much easier that way, thank you.

I don't RNG, I want to breed. Decent IVs = the best message at total IVs from the guy at battle station.
Take it from someone who used to do breeding projects the hard way -- you could be here all day.

I highly suggest you try to breed intermediary parents before going for the long haul. Say you want 31s in HP, Def, Sp.A and Sp.D. Get a mother with 31s in HP, Def, and Sp.D and the desired nature and DW ability, give her the Everstone, and then get a father with 31s in all 4 stats and give him the Power Lens (to guarantee he passes down his 31 Sp.A that the mother lacks).

Use of the Power [Item]s is going to be absolutely necessary to achieve your goal. And like I said, you could be at it for hours before you get what you want. It's a lot easier and faster to learn how to abuse the RNG to get what you want, trust me.

Another simple question, this time more forum related... Why does Google Knight have "I could be banned!" under his name? Is that a moderator thing around here?

Khift: Because I have three warnings, with four I get banned until my warns expire.

PS: Get a warn is VERY easy. I haven't done so much than open a thread in the wromg subforum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)