Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

So just so I understand correctly -- DO NOT update to 1.6.whatever if you want to play on Smogcraft.

How do I not update?

When you log on to Minecraft, it offers you the choice to Update, pick the "Not Now" option and continue on your merry way!

Whilst I'm waiting for the server to catch up, here's a few screenshots from my singleplayer adventures.

--+--

I was looking for a good seed for a world, and Sal randomly told me to use "hotjerker106". I did, and it actually produced some awesome features!

Check it out for some cool stuff!

If we're talking about seeds, use "Glacier". You won't regret it.

Other news: I made a highly productive mob tower in my friends' server. I'll post screenshots if anyone wants to see.

If anyone mistakenly updated their Minecraft to the horribly buggy 1.6.4, there's always a tool to revert it. It's called MCNostalgia and is a completely legal method of reverting your Minecraft.jar to a previous version, all the way back to Alpha 1.0.14.

In case you didn't know, uploading/distributing the .jar file for Minecraft is illegal.

Back on the Topic of seeds. I used "Notch" today and got some retarded things. Will update with pics when my computer stops being temperamental

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
frick doesn't look like much at first
but it has an ENORMOUS cave system connected to a pretty huge hole in the surface.

Notch released 1.6.5

It looks like it's stable, since Clanforge has released a vanilla version with no warnings like they had for 1.6.4. All the major bugs have been fixed and the only new glitch I've seen is that when you go to sleep in a bed you can continue walking around, but it still skips night and you "wake up" next to your bed like usual.

Yup, I've set up 1.6.5 Vanilla for Smogcraft \o/ But beds and the Nether don't work yet. The nether was causing the server to crash and restart, so I've switched it off until that gets sorted :(

EDIT: The problem is persisting with nether turned off... considering going back to 1.5 since people are losing their items.

EDIT2: Gone back to 1.5_02, hope you saved your bins.

lol

I got the Automatic update (wouldn't let me choose), so I th9ink I speak for most people when I say we need a heads-up for when smogcraft goes to the most recent version...

Protip: Use the new launcher, it gives you the option to update.

Also the server is up on 1.6.5, but there is a bugged part of the map which, if interacted with, will probably crash the server. This isn't cool, I haven't any idea how to fix it and tbh I think our map is getting too large.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
the optional updating is amazing if you play mods or anything.

i highly recommend it.

Here's a really old adventure that I had with Rawbi, RG, and Cass, I belive Rawbi already told the story so I'll just add more pictures.

So yeah we found a creeper and it was being autistic.

Rawbi's attraction to dangerous mobs had not been fulfilled by simply the creeper so she went and became pals with a spider too.

A host of lethal monsters come to greet us.

The creeper quickly befriended RG's wolf Andrew Jackson, and they went to take a souvenir photo in LSB.

Shoving him into the railroad station to be shipped off to Dino Land.

Here's a more recent one of some cool ores and RG being hip in the background.

HolyChipmunk

California's finest chodesmuggler
I tried joining the server (ip 64.34.163.12:29965)but it said I wasn't whitelisted.
Can someone help me out?

you need to be whitelisted... lol

also, what area doesn't work Dan?
(note: have you reverted to the old version again? I'm using 1.6.5 and it says smogcraft is outdated)

Hello HolyChipmunk please send me a PM with your Minecraft name.

@Server status :

I tried to fix the corrupted chunk. It's located on the Purple line between S-Station and OPLV. It's not just minecarts which have an effect on it, even if you walk through the area it will crash the server. I rolled back the server to 1.5 to see if it was 1.6 bug, and if it could be rectified by travelling through it again in 1.5 and then updating. Well it is 1.6 bug, and travelling through it in 1.5 didn't cure it in 1.6, so for now it's best just to avoid the area all together, until I can work out a way to sort it. It may well mean deleting the chunk in MCedit, but i've read that even that may not guarentee a cure. It's an artifact of the map generation getting poorer as people move further and further from the spawn point.

TL;DR: it's up on 1.6.5 again, don't use the Purple Line from S-Station to OPLV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)