Bummer's Art Shack

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Technically, this sequence is impossible to occur. The second and third panels contain the most faults as you neither can mirror Metronome as it would become the move randomly executed, but the idea of a trainer calling out a Blaziken to solely mirror metronome is a......pretty weak scenario on its own. But I feel that those pointers, while valid, aren't relevant to the idea behind the strip, especially so since logic isn't Pokémon's strongest suite (altough they try!).

I'll might edit it some more, but I'm planning to make it public later today. Unless someone has any objections!

Evidently not!
Your avatar made that post a hundred times better.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

More action!

Will post this tomorrow if all goes well (gonna be busy though).

Can anything legally learn explosion and metronome in the same cart?
Besides Smeargle, I doubt it. Yet another flaw to add to the pile!

Haha, that's excellent.
Also, after about eleven seconds of hard, extensive research, I concluded that mew also learns explosion and metronome. ;)

Haha, I didn't see that coming (specially since I didn't see the Delibird when reading the first 3 panels).

Very awesome. I didn't know Delibird could write!

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Remember that the plural of a Pokemon is just the Pokemon's name! One Dunsparse, ten Dunsparce, one Sableye, ten Sableye. You have the 's' added at the end of the Pokemon names incorrectly in the first panel. ;)
Yeah, actually this is true for all words that are Japanese in origin (like many Pokemon names, and Pokemon themselves are Japanese origin).

One sushi, 5 sushi, 10 sushi

One tsunami, 3 tsunami, 5 tsunami

One typhoon, 4 typhoon, 8 typhoon

One rickshaw, 3 rickshaw, 4 rickshaw

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ahahahah loving the latest comics as well.

Maybe a debate comic about the move Sky Drop? If you didn't know, Sky Drop is part of a debilitating glitch when combined with Gravity, leading to Nintendo banning it in their official tourney, yet it is STILL there in the English versions(was discovered soon after J release), though fixing it wuldn't have removed compatibility. just a thought, and I understand if you think it's a bit Farfetch'd.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Made some small edits to the comic, such as a border around the girl's bubble and such. Will be made public tomorrow.

Maybe a debate comic about the move Sky Drop? If you didn't know, Sky Drop is part of a debilitating glitch when combined with Gravity, leading to Nintendo banning it in their official tourney, yet it is STILL there in the English versions(was discovered soon after J release), though fixing it wuldn't have removed compatibility. just a thought, and I understand if you think it's a bit Farfetch'd.
A glitch is, to me, soemthing hard to make fun of as it's within a grey zone between game and reality. A defect in the game will only look more weird if interpreted seriously, abd in this case, the Sky drop glitch isn't as renowned among the average pokemon gamer (from what I assume).

Farfetch'd stuff is what I do, but I feel this one is going too far in that regard. But thanks for the suggestion!

I have an idea for a comic strip referencing the episode where Ash caught 30 tauros in the safari zone. He later sent them to Professor Oak.

I thought you could draw Professor Oak inspecting all the Poke Balls with the tauros, and making a wtf expression. And then he would call Ash and ask him why he caught so many Tauros.

Ash would reply, "None of them had the IV's I wanted." Then he would show one last Tauros and say "But this one does!" (And it would be a 31/31/31 adamant Tauros).

Making me laugh since 2010! Your comics are all hilarious, but that Patrat is FREEEAKY! I agree with the Ash Safari Zone idea strongly though.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat

Works with Voltorbs too I suppose, but B/W is the main talk of the town now.

Making me laugh since 2010! Your comics are all hilarious, but that Patrat is FREEEAKY!
Perfect, then my goal has been achieved. And thanks for staying!

I thought you could draw Professor Oak inspecting all the Poke Balls with the tauros, and making a wtf expression. And then he would call Ash and ask him why he caught so many Tauros.

Ash would reply, "None of them had the IV's I wanted." Then he would show one last Tauros and say "But this one does!" (And it would be a 31/31/31 adamant Tauros).
^BAHAHAHAHA that's too good.
I agree with the Ash Safari Zone idea strongly though.
While all three of you seem to like this idea, I'm afraid I need to decline, and that due to two reasons: 1) I try to stay as far away from the anime as possible, and keep myself exclusively to game-related stuff, 2) this idea seems very similar to the very first strip I made about breeding Relicanths for the right nature, and I don't want any repeats.

Neat idea for sure, yes, but not something I'd work with.

O_O, I'm not sure how I haven't seen this before, but I love it. Your art and humor are lovely. I really love the Delibird comic :3

I had two ideas for potential Rare Candy comics:

1) Have a Pokemon trainer capture a Legandary Unova Pokemon as dramatically as possible; and in the last panel have the trainer use the said Legend in a Pokemon Musical wearing the most ridiculous outfit ever.

2) Have a Unova 'Mon use Earthquake in a Triple Battle. Then it somehow hits Klang & Beheeyem despite the fact they're clearly levitating; meanwhile Elektross is somehow unaffected despite the fact it's clearly standing on it's (fin) legs, with a caption: "Elektross avoided Earthquake with Levitate", or something similar.

Anyway, I'm enjoying these Black & White comics, despite Patrat's creepy gaze.

1) Have a Pokemon trainer capture a Legandary Unova Pokemon as dramatically as possible; and in the last panel have the trainer use the said Legend in a Pokemon Musical wearing the most ridiculous outfit ever.
I like this one. Take any badass Pokemon and dress it up in ridiculous garb, heh. It does remind me of this, though.

So far, this has been my favorite one-shot webcomic series.

Here's some ideas I thought of for your comics. First off, I agree with the absurdity Pokemon hatched fully grown...
Kanghaskhan surprises me even more. Ever notice that she already has a baby from birth?

Another idea I thought of was about how Unaware works. I imagine some fearsome setup sweeper facing Quagsire. Said sweeper asks why Quagsire's still alive after an attack when he's @ +6. Quagsire blankly states "Huh. Guess I didn't notice. Oh well," or something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)