DPP OU Team

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Though I'd try it. This is what I've been using.

Aerodactyl (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

I'm used to ADV, so I like using this guy. Didn't know what to work in the 4th slot, since I figured I could do without Double-Edge, so if I predict a turn where Aero doesn't get hit, then I just set up Stealth Rock. So far, I've been able to get away without using it, but future battles will reveal its utility here. Ice Fang for Flygon.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Explosion
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Combined with Aero, I figure I could lure out Scizor and get that out of the way. Combined with Metagross, I could take away Skarm's Shed Shell and get rid of both that and Forry. Gives me more room to try and set up Gyara's and Celebi's respective offenses.

Metagross @ Iron Ball
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash
- Trick

See above. Had Stealth Rock over Explosion, but Explosion just has far better value for me in this case.

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Waterfall

A Gyarados. With Taunt. =/. Maybe I'll run Bounce over Taunt for Shaymin/Celebi if I end up not using it much.

Celebi @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
- Recover

Was unsure what to do here. I originally ran Sleep Powder + 3Atk Roserade, but was advised if I was taking an offensive route, Shaymin/Celebi was the way to go. I honestly don't like using CM without bulk (ADV habits), but the Speed seems beneficial, so I guess it works? I'm relatively sure I can get away without running SAtk EVs in exchange for more room to setup around some of the decently strong special stuff, but feel free to correct me.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Wish

A Blissey being Blissey. Hopefully this doesn't die until Gengar is gone, I can use Magnezone to buffer some of the hits, but I don't know what I'm going to do once that fails. At least with Blissey alive, I can get Wish over to Mag so it can keep taking Gengar hits (while being wary of HP Fire) and force it out.

Ghosts in general kinda piss me off. Especially ones using Substitute/Taunt/Rest. Have at it folks.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm used to not doing so, since most of the sets are listed in the analysis pages and it's pretty clear what each set does. If you insist, however, I'll edit momentarily.

(Gotta edit it anyway, since I changed the team up a bit, so that's good I guess)

I would opt for life orb aero if you want an offensive option, since it can do quite a number on stall teams, and then i would stick stealth rock on metagross instead of explosion, since you are going to be met with rotom 90% of the time with metagross anyway. you could also try zen headbutt over either earthquake or meteor mash which will mess up machamp and do quite a bit more to rotom as well as water dudes if you're concerned about them. psychic + ground has pretty excellent coverage in this metagame.

the basic aim of your team is clearly to get rid of skarm and try to sweep with gyarados, but apparently you're still having some problems against rotom. if you put zen headbutt on metagross, this would probably help a bit, but i think you should also consider using tyranitar or scizor to pursuit unfriendly ghost types. you should also think about using chesto rest kingdra, which sets up on rotom most of the time, and has pretty much nothing to worry about if you can eliminate skarmory and revenge killers (flygon). you also seem to have some problems with certain ddtars so i would consider running gliscor or flygon over celebi as well. i don't really have time to say much more but if you need more help you know where to find me :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)