5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Okay, I'm having the same problem. A swarm of Poochyena is messing up my attempts to catch an ideal Trick Room Duosion. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the swarm, since changing the date apparently doesn't work?
You'll need to change the time, not the date. Set the time to around 23:58, enter the game, and wait. After "midnight" rolls around, you can enter/exit a building for the swarm to update. I usually just loiter outside a gate so I can check the bulletin board for the new swarm.

I have a couple more questions about the new RNG Reporter.

1) Under the capture tab in the time finder, I can't find the DS MAC adress box. Would someone please direct me to that?
2) For breeding Pokemon via C-Gear abuse, I'm assuming I go for the Gift Pokemon, right?

Same problem

I've been trying to RNG using an emulator (desmume) but I seem to get stuck at the calibration.

I'm using RNG reporter 9.77
I have AR disabled (although I have tested with AR enabled too, which gives me the same result).
My mac adres is 0009BF123456
I'm hitting my seed at 23:30:00 on may 1st
I consistantly catch a Patrat with an iv spread of 17/5/5/4/2/17

I found some information saying I should be searching within a different range of variables, but I was unable to find what the range is. Could anyone tell me what range I should be using, or what the maximum range is on all possible variables (vcount, timer0, gxstat, vframe)?
So pliz if any of u guys can help me whit this not the same patrat but can't see nothing on the results window

About how often do you have to recalibrate? Because It always happens to me after I RNG a crapton of Pokemon in one day, then I suddenly can't RNG anymore. I recalibrate, and it generally fixes the issue.

About how often do you have to recalibrate? Because It always happens to me after I RNG a crapton of Pokemon in one day, then I suddenly can't RNG anymore. I recalibrate, and it generally fixes the issue.
Once i did it the first time I havent had to do it again since. I dont think your parameters should change unless you change the hardware

Then I find it highly odd that I can't RNG today. Or one day like a week ago either. No seed works today.
It could just be really bad luck on your timer0. Once you calibrate properly once, you shouldn't have to do it again unless you change something.

Either that, or it's something else on your end.

Just wondering, but is there an ability glitch in RNG reporter? I am going for a Jolly Axew, and while finding my Shifted Starting Frame, my hatched Axew is Sassy. Sassy corresponds with frame 52. HOWEVER, everything matches up perfectly, EXCEPT for it's ability, which is ability 1 rather than 0 like RNG reporter says.

Encounter slot values, also known as ESV, go from 0 - 11 and determine what Pokemon you'll encounter. This list is built into RNG Reporter if I recall correctly, but you can find a good list here.

The original post has a link to a file that contains a guide. Kind of taught myself through reading this thread, and after you learn how to do PIDRNG abuse, it's a snap.

Is there any guide on how to RNG Shinies in 5th Gen? If not, where/how did you learn how to RNG Shinies?

Also, what is an encounter slot?
I don't think there is a guide on how to rng shinies, but rng-ing for non-shinies and shinies is pretty much the same, you just have a higher PID frame usually for shininess. You can have RNG reporter search for nearby shiny frames, so that's pretty much how you would find one.

An encounter slot basically ensures that a certain Pokemon would show up in the wild. Like an encounter slot of 1 would have Pidove, 2 would have Patrat, etc. etc. (just examples)

Edit: ninja-d by Turtwig, :P

Trying to RNG for perfect IV Zekrom using Standard (No C-Gear).

So far, I've been able to hit the seed consistently and catch it, matching the IVs for the first frame of that seed. I need frame 6, so I reset everything and hit the seed again with five pokemon in my party. I walk 128 steps then engage Zekrom, catch it, and the IVs aren't even anywhere close - I can't even find them in the seed's other frames, or even in the frames of nearby seeds (+ or - a second).

So I reset with two party pokemon, walked 128 steps and engaged Zekrom, caught it, and it matched my seed's frame 3 IVs. So what's going on? Is there a variable or rule that I don't know about? I've tried twice - I'm about to try again.

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
Yes, theres an option in the time finder. Make sure you set the gender %s correctly first.

EDIT: apparently you can't, never actually tried using it. Sorry.

Trying to RNG for perfect IV Zekrom using Standard (No C-Gear).

So far, I've been able to hit the seed consistently and catch it, matching the IVs for the first frame of that seed. I need frame 6, so I reset everything and hit the seed again with five pokemon in my party. I walk 128 steps then engage Zekrom, catch it, and the IVs aren't even anywhere close - I can't even find them in the seed's other frames, or even in the frames of nearby seeds (+ or - a second).

So I reset with two party pokemon, walked 128 steps and engaged Zekrom, caught it, and it matched my seed's frame 3 IVs. So what's going on? Is there a variable or rule that I don't know about? I've tried twice - I'm about to try again.
Sounds like your Timer0 hates you.

Is it possible the Eevee parent is Japanese?
no its my own breed bred from a japenese dw mon

I've got it at C80 each time I've tried (I did think of that and tried to recalibrate, but got C80 again).
If it IS timer0, should I check nearby seeds with other Timer0 values?
I have the same Timer 0 and I find that its not so much the timer 0 flucuating as it the exact second you press A to boot the game from the menu.. I have to hit it right when the second hand touches my target second to hit the seed if it rests there for even more than a mili second i dont hit my seed

This is getting weird. How come the sp.def IV is 7 when clearly RNG reporter is giving me a 31/0/31/31/31/31 spread under shiny egg? I got the nature right (Timid), shininess worked, and got the IVs 31/0/31/31/7/31. I double checked the parents, specifically the male, and it's 31 in sp.def. What's going on? Here are some details...

Mac address: 001B7A84D421
Seed: AE9C18F20A394F2C
Date: 5/12/2011
Time: 9:57:41
Frame 68 (I aimed for frames 70-71 for the everstone to work)
International breeding

Also the same thing happened to me at some other seed. (But instead gave me two random IVs) Oh boy, now it's happening on frame 70 too. Now it's the speed IV that's wrong whole the rest of the IVs are correct.
Can someone find out what can be the problem? I don't want to keep on breeding if I keep getting 1-3 random IVs.

Can someone find out what can be the problem? I don't want to keep on breeding if I keep getting 1-3 random IVs.
I was having the same problem last night and this morning with Eevees.. Im going to try switching a parent and try again since i did a lickitung bp just fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)